3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Wednesday Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/40869-wednesday-chat.html)

jane8760 05-19-2004 08:35 AM

Wednesday Chat!

Starting this baby up!

lady_adnerb 05-19-2004 08:39 AM

Morning Jane. How're you today?

Well, youngest DD is off to school. I could do with about 5 hours of sleep. She decided she couldn't sleep in her own bed so crawled in w/me. Add the dog to the mix (of her coughing and sniffing all night) and that means little sleep for me. Good thing is the scale said that pesky pound I was up is gone. So now I need to work on making it STAY gone. Maybe there IS something to this exercise stuff :lol:

jane8760 05-19-2004 08:39 AM

The word for today is OVER-INDULGENCE.....meaning to over do something. Like take for instance having more than a few glasses of wine on a Tuesday. Someone could say that was over-indulging.....and that someone is ME!
For cryin out loud I woke up this morning and my underwear was even on wrong! Now what is up with that?

Oye my aching head :dizzy: Oh what a long day this is going to be.......

lady_adnerb 05-19-2004 08:40 AM

Oh my. Reversed underwear. You poor woman. Hope the Advil helps! (Um. are you sure it was YOUR underwear? :lol: )

jane8760 05-19-2004 08:49 AM

Yes it definitely was my underwear! Hubby can't wear a thong :lol:

I asked him how that happened....as he was smerking at me in bed this morning.....he told me I got up to go to the bathroom and took my underwear off on the way and I guess when I put it back on I got confused as to what was the leg hole and what was the waistband! I mean come on.....have you seen a thong? It's enough to confuse anyone.

Leenie 05-19-2004 08:50 AM

Good Morning :coffee:

Jane !! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!! your so silly, but it sounds like you had a good time. Don't be upset just enjoy and know you did have a good time.

Whats everyone's wednesday look like ? I'm doing the usual, work, running errands, need to return the baby monitor I bought from babies r us yesterday, you know I should have followed my gut instinct. There was this monitor that cost $50.00, the most $$ one there, it looked nice but the company that makes it is Safety 1st. I was thinking that I really don't care for their products b/c they are cheeply made (in my opinion that is) but I bought it anyway. Well I got it home and all you could hear was "white noise" when you plugged it in, HORRIBLE, even on the lowest setting I don't know how anyone could sleep w/that noise, so back to the store it goes this afternoon. I should have stuck w/Fisher Price brand, see what happens when you don't listen to yourself !!! lol

Brenda WTG on the pound loss !!!!

HUGS !!

Mrs H 05-19-2004 09:26 AM

Hiya Ladies: :wave: Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!

Brenda: Hope that the DD is feeling better. Sorry that you didn't get any sleep though! Hope that you have a short day and can get a nap in later! Congrats on the pesky pound!!! I knew you would have it gone in no time!!!

Jane: hahahaha @ the reversed underwear. I have never wore a thong, but can see how one could get confused, especially with wine in the system!!!

Lennie: I will have to remember that brand name for baby stuff and be sure to steer clear of it. Luckily my BIL and his wife just had twins 5 months ago (1 boy and 1 girl) and they have already said...dont' buy anything..we got 2 of everything!!!! :lol: Thanks for your advise on the other thread. I appreciate any advice I can get as this is new for me! Never worry about crossing the line with me!

Well, I slept in this morning and it felt great...except now I am running behind :lol: Hope everyone has a great day today. I will check back in later today! Only am working 5 hours today, and hope it flies by!!!

Lisa

Theo'sgirl 05-19-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane8760
Yes it definitely was my underwear! Hubby can't wear a thong :lol:

I asked him how that happened....as he was smerking at me in bed this morning.....he told me I got up to go to the bathroom and took my underwear off on the way and I guess when I put it back on I got confused as to what was the leg hole and what was the waistband! I mean come on.....have you seen a thong? It's enough to confuse anyone.

JANE!!!! I am laughing so hard I almost peed my pants!!! :lol: :dizzy:

jane8760 05-19-2004 09:47 AM

Theo'sgirl: Watch out for the underwear!!!!!!!

Theo'sgirl 05-19-2004 09:50 AM

Good morning Chiquitas!!!

Question of the day?? Does anyone else have parents who have all the sudden become old and irritating? All the sudden my parents are old and they (even though I love them) are incapable of making a decision and are so damn stubborn!!! Am I the only one that feels like this? They are just both so set in their ways and they complain alot!!

Well eating wise I am doing OK although yesterday I ate ALOT!! But all OP I am sooooo on TOM and having cravings I am drowning out with fatty foods to keep away from the sugar. This TOM is draining my energy too, I am soo tired. Gotta kick it up a notch cause I have to get to the gym today since I can't go on Thursdays for awhile, our Monk is home from India so I have teachings to host while he is here and that knocks my Thursdays out for the gym, but the teachings are sooo important too.

Hope all of you have a great day.

Brenda CONGRATS on the pound and get some sleep girl!

Leenie HI!!!! I had an Evenflo monitor and it worked GREAT!

Jane Your killin me! :)

Mrs H....you mommy you!! :) OOOO best baby advice, if you have to use bottles use Advent Naturally brand cost a little more but work soooo great and no air for the tummy.

Shimma 05-19-2004 09:55 AM

Morning All! :wave:

I'm incredibly tired. Beyond tired. The BF had to push me out of bed this morning... ugh. I don't have much time but just wanted to check in. I hear there's a pregnant woman among us! Congrats!

jdoggmartin 05-19-2004 10:20 AM

Jane: You're cracking me up!! :lol: Thongs can be confusing. Too many parts look like the same part. I've had trouble before with no wine in my system, so no worries!!

Brenda: Congrats on losing the pound!

Leenie: I don't know one thing about baby monitors, but you sound like you know what you're talking about!

MrsH: Congrats again!!!

TG: I've started to notice that with my dad. He's very stubborn and set in his ways. Still gotta love him, though!

Shimma: Hope you wake up. :coffee:

Well, I finally had some success on the scale on Monday. I lost 1.75 pounds! Yipppee! It's been a long time since I've seen the scale go down. I feel great. I'm not sure why I can't keep this up.

When I was home, I was looking at some old pictures from college. I was skinny!! Such motivation! I thought I looked pretty decent now, but looking at those pictures of me 30 pounds lighter, I realized I still need to lose quite a bit of weight. That's a kick in the pants I needed!!

Since DH and I have been separated for a year and a half and we're headed towards a divorce, I finally decided I needed to meet some new single friends, as opposed to our "married couple" friends. (It's funny how they sort of disappear. It's like DH and I were a package deal.) Anyway, I went to a singles event last night at church. It was a neat deal -- they set up a room like a coffee house and there was live music. But, that was the only thing neat about it. I got hit on like crazy by the guys. The girls were rude and acted like I was trying to take their men! Yikes! I'm definitely not ready for that! I really just wanted to meet some girlfriends, but I appear to be evil in their eyes... Maybe I'll have to settle for the guys (without dating them). I've always had more guy friends anyway.

Tonight, I'm going to the Devil Rays-Red Sox game with DH. Jane, I'm not sure if you're a Red Sox fan, so I apologize in advance, but I can't stand the Red Sox!! There are actually a lot of Red Sox fans in the area, and they are so bitter. I'll stop there. I could go on and on... But, I hope the Devil Rays win tonight!

Well, I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Take care,
Jina

jane8760 05-19-2004 10:30 AM

Jina: :lol: Not a big sports fan so don't worry.

morti 05-19-2004 10:50 AM

Good Morning Ladies! :wave: (I just love this little guy!)

Good lord it's busy in here for so early in the morining. It';s only 7:30 AM here.

Jane - I sympathize with you. I've put my thong on wrong to and thought "Hey, this just doesn't feel right!" Hubby should have helped you correct the problem ;) Hope your head get better.

Lennie - How old is your baby?

TG - I'd give anything to still have my parents to drive me nuts, instead I have Danny's father (my BF father) Christ, that man is so helpless and he's only 60! He's definately not too bright, but fortunately, danny agrees with me. Sometimes, he calls and we don't answer the phone. We're bad!

Brenda - Congrats on the pound!

Jina - Church socials, don't miss that! Isn't it amazing how catty women are? Ignor them, they are just jealous and yes, men are better friends for a single woman. You get to meet their good looking single friends and get the low down on them.

Okay, I'm nosey, who's with child? I know it's not me, I'm fixed, mine are grown and I'm gonna be a nana (new news)

Well, found out this morning that one of my daughters is planning to suprise me with she and her BF coming in a day early. Thank god for my sis telling me! My house is trashed after working the last 10 days straight. So, quick thinking, offer to pay my niece who is home schooled to spend the day at my house tomorrow to clean my house while I'm at work.

Spent all of last night cooking. Made the mock apple sauce, pretty darn good! Well have a good day ladies! Check in later.

rachelearth 05-19-2004 10:50 AM

Good morning. Jane, you are so funny.

Theo’s girl, I wish I had your problem. I miss my parents so much. One day doesn’t go by that I don’t think about them and wish they were hear and they could get on my nerves! LOL! I lost them four and half years ago. Anyway, get mad at your parent, argue with them, love them, but basically enjoy having them around to do all these. So to answer your question, I have not experience it first hand but I have a few close friend that are experiencing the same thing first hand, so yes, parents are always pain and they drive you crazy no matter what you do and no matter what age you or they are.

Lisa, congratulations. That is so cool. I think the unplanned pregnancies are the best surprises one can get.

Brenda, congratulations on losing that pound. That is great.

I made Food Processor Ice Cream last night, with a bit of modification and it came out great. I don’t like the after taste of Splenda so I use as little as possible. Also I wanted the ice cream to be more creamy, rather than fruity, so I used less strawberries. Basically I used 3 teaspoon Splenda, 12 small strawberries, ¼ cup carb-control milk, ¼ cup no-carb heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon no sugar added vanilla extract. Made two serving, each about 4 carbs.

Also last night, I bought two low carb cookbooks and one has a recipe for a coffee ice cream that I want to try tonight. I am debating whether to get regular or decaf coffee. I don’t like the taste of decaf, but I don’t want to have too much caffeine. I had a diet coke already today. Decisions, decisions! LOL!