Old 04-13-2004, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default Atkins Diet

I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Atkins diet. No one knows. I cant find anything. I know what you can eat and stuff but is it possible to lose 5 lbs a week, i read soemthing that said you can lose 10lbs 1 week, someone please tell me stuff about it
xxjessicax17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:28 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Hi Jessica -

Check out www.atkins.com It's chock full of good info. Also, check out the FAQ at the top of our little forum here.

As for how much you lose, it really depends on how metabolically resistant you are and how much you have to lose. Also, you may lose 5 or more pounds a week for the first couple of weeks, but it will slow down. I've been following Atkins since mid-July of last year and have lost 65 pounds. That averages to between 1 & 2 pounds per week, which is as it should be.

It's also really important to remember that no "diet" works. Diets are something you go on and off of. It's the "on and off" that cause our weight to yo-yo. For me, Atkins is wonderful because I've re-learned how to eat and been able to redefine my relationship with food.

Hope that helps!

~Star~
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:38 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

"The answers out there"....sorry. I've always wanted to say that. Star's said it exactly right. There's the atkins site. And the "diets" don't work. Only after we learn (and in my case re-learn over and over) how to modify our eating behaviors (stopping before feeling stuffed) and what we eat (some people just can't tolerate carbs) will we lose the weight we want.

Ok. That pep talk did wonders for me Thanks
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote