Old 03-17-2004, 07:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default St. Patty's Day Chat ~ 3/17

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY !

What can I say I thought I had thrown this week to the wind.. but to my surprise I've lost 2.5 pounds this week! I'm doing the happy dance. Luck of the Irish perhaps??? Could be! However, I don't think I have an ounce of Irish in me
Tonight we are going over to a friends house to have a mini dart tourney for the kids and later one for the adults. It's quite fun.. however Pizza is on the menu.. A game plan is in order! I think I will just "forget something at home" and make a great escape during the eating time and stop off for a wrap or LC burger somewhere. Then show up when all the eating is done. Hmm it just might work.
Anyway too much celebrating in awe this morning I'm running late for work so I must click my heals together and poof myself away. Wish it was OZ I'm going too.. I would love to play with the munchkins
Hope everyone has a great day!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Hi Trazzie: OOOOPPPPPSSSS!!!! We both posted the new thread at the same time. Can someone delete mine for me? It won't let me!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning!!! Trazzie...I don't know if this will help, BUT...my husband and sons love to eat pizza all the time. So, I just started grabbing a fork and eating it too...only leaving the crust alone! I just eat the toppings. I know there is probably still a little carb in the sauce, but I can usually do pretty good on plan. The tough part is not just picking it up and taking a big bite. That is the toughest part mentally!!

I like your plan too!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Lol, I had posted in the thread that Spedmom created. I'll move it here and delete it from there.

Trazzie: Congrats on the 2 pounds lost!!! I stepped on the scale this morning (mid-week "treat") only to find out it's up a pound. Might be because TOM is coming (I hope) but I also figure I'm in for another 3 weeks or more of a no-weight loss trip. Keep on, keepin on is what I'll do. Your plan sounds great!!

Lorias: I'm like you, I'll grab a fork and eat the toppings, only I remove temptation and usually scrape it off the crust. And I usually only eat 1 piece and eat something else instead.

Hi Spedmom! I'm Irish (just found that out this year. jeesh) but I don't own anything green. So it's just another day for me.

I asked my daughter THREE times this morning as we were going out the door to catch the bus if she had everything. She got testy with me and said "You know I do." To which I told her it was my JOB to ask her this and if I didn't she'd forget something. So as the bus is coming up the road, I asked her AGAIN if she had her Social Studies, Math and Science homework to which she starts to say "yes" and then claps her hand over her mouth and says, "Mom, you might want to get it out of my hunters safety folder." So now I've got to make a trip to the school. Which usually puts me 15 minutes late for work. She best not EVER complain about me asking her if she's got everything again!!!!
I've discovered something. The chocolate craving's still here. And it gets to be a case of "I want it NOW". But I make what I'm hungry for (the brownies Monday night, chocolate cream cheese last night), eat a little bit and it's not as good as I imagined it was. So maybe my tastes are changing (again) and eventually I won't want chocolate?? Oh wouldn't THAT be nice!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. I am Irish and then went and married an O'Leary...how's that for Irish. I didn't even realize when I was getting dressed this morning that I put on my Irish knit sweater Must have been subconscious.

Spedmom: I think as long as you created the thread doesn't it let you delete it?

Trazzie: Congrats I guess you could eat the toppings on the pizza and how about a salad. Or would they be offended if you brought your own dinner? Luck of the Irish to you.

LoriAS:

lady_adnerb: Kids...gotta love em. Don't worry about the pound....AND I THOUGHT WE TOLD YOU TO STAY OFF THE SCALE!

We got a lot of snow last night and I heard there is a chance that we could get more for the next couple of days. Oh woe is me....I need spring.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:52 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone! I am REALLY liking this website, and especially the Atkins posts. I'm so glad I found all of you!

I almost blew it last night. I was supposed to meet my husband and kids at my in-laws house because a relative is out of town. The plan was that I would go straight from my carpool to my in-laws house. In the back of my mind, though, I had planned to sneak home and eat my "legal" dinner and THEN meet everyone at the in-laws. Traffic was REALLY bad and I was already late by the time we got down to the carpool stop, so I just went straight to the in-laws hoping they'd have SOMETHING I could eat. I walked in to a spaghetti dinner with garlic bread, cheesecake and icecream for dessert. YIKES. I explained to everyone that I was doing Atkins (it was only my second day on the plan, so not everyone knew). I ended up eating just the meat sauce. I was able to resist the cheesecake (MAJOR score for me) and the garlic bread. I found some low-carb icecream in their freezer (my in-laws are diabetic, as is my husband and one of my sons, so we all usually have low-carb food SOMEWHERE in the house) so that was my treat for behaving. I didn't get to exercise, but in the grand scheme of things, I didn't blow the diet too much either!

Question for you guys: Have any of you stayed in the Induction phase longer than two weeks? The book I'm reading say that you can, as long as you feel healthy, etc. I'm curious as to what everyone else has done.
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 08:53 AM   #7  

Jane, how often do you recommend people weigh themselves? Once a week?
Old 03-17-2004, 08:59 AM   #8  

Teece: Oh my...I am no expert. We just all think that it is better for our heads if we only weigh ourselves once or twice a week. Believe me I am known for hoppin on each day too. We have just been giving Brenda a hard time because she was ALWAYS on that scale
Old 03-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #9  

I have been tempted to jump on the scale. After all ... I've been dieting for TWO DAYS! Surely, I must have lost SOMETHING! But I'm making myself stick to maybe weighing every Friday. I just wondered what other people did.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:36 AM   #10  

Good Morning!!

So I have a little question for all you Atkins pros out there...

Today is my third day of Induction and I woke up this morning feel suuuuuuper dizzy and like I hadn't eaten in days. The same thing happened to me the last time I was in Induction. Are there any cures to this awful feeling?? My cure this morning was peanut butter and sadly I went a bit overboard with it

And speaking of peanut butter, when you guys eat it, do you buy the regular kind, or the more expensive 'low-carb' kind? Is there a magic brand out there that doesn't have sugar in it? Even the so-called sugar free stuff I found had 2 grams of sugar in it!

Happy St Patty's Day, I hope you all have fantastic luck saying no to the green bagels and beer!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 AM   #11  

alysonwonderland: I may be wrong but I don't think any kind of peanut butter is allowed on induction. If you are dizzy are you eating enough? On induction you can eat all you want but only of the allowed foods and staying at no more than 20 carbs per day.

And drink plenty of water.

And personally I wouldn't bother with any of the low carb brands out there....take a look at the Skippy Carb Option peanut butter...it has something like 3 grams of carbs when the real stuff only has 4 or 5. Not much of a difference if you ask me. I find that to be the case on all the Carb Option products. Zero carb mayo when real mayo only has 1. Zero carb salad dressing when a lot of the regular ones only have 1 gram. The low carb products just cost more.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:06 AM   #12  

Yeah, peanut butter is not allowed but thats my little cheat!

I don't know what it is about this 3rd day, tomorrow I am sure I will be fine, its just I feel all woooooshy! I definitely eat enough and drink plenty of water (yesterday i think i was at 100 oz, I feel like I should buy stock in toliet paper!) I guess its just my body saying ahhhhh where is the sugar!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:17 AM   #13  

Aly, we are BOTH starting this week! Wa-hoo!!! Have you been taking a multi-vitamin? I haven't had any of the symptoms you described. I hope you feel better soon, though.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Top Of The Morning To You

Almost had a run in with some green donuts this morning but the Good Lord steered me in the right direction

Congrats on the two lbs Trazzie, WTG

Its so good to see Teech and AliceIWL, you guys are gonna do just fine, hang in there, the first two weeks are tough but it gets easier, promise.

Hugs to you all !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:26 AM   #15  

Aly: I was just checking out some low carb web sites and found one that mentions if you are dizzy or weak you may not be getting enough carbs....believe it or not. What is your total count for the day. Make sure it is around 20.