Old 03-16-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chat 03-16-04

Well, I guess I get to start this morning.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

lol. We both had the same idea.
Hi Jane
Ugh, it's only Tuesday? The good news is I slept better last night. The bad news is I don't have my hunters safety homework done for tonight and not sure when I'll have time to do it. UGH! On another downer: I gave in and made the low carb brownies. On the upside: They didn't taste as good as they used to (kept hearing Star in my head talking about willpower and how we shouldn't give in might have helped). Well, I DID eat 2 1/2 brownies before figuring that one out though. lol. Now I'm trying to figure out if there's anyone I know that'd like the pan of brownies. Wonder if that will work as well with the chocolate whipped topping

You all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!
Well, there's snow on the ground this morning and as a result I have this permanent chilled feeling that I doubt will go away until I can crawl into bed tonight. I'm soooo hoping this week flies by because next week is spring break here and that means a week off... and I sure could use it... if nothing more than to catch up on sleep. I have had the most restless sleep lately. The bf can attest to that! Apparently I've been talking almost nonstop in my sleep all of last week, and I know I did it last night too because I woke myself up. I honestly don't know what's gotten into me, I'm usually such a fabulous sleeper. I just must have too much on the brain.
I managed to avoid pizza last night. Was over at a friend's and she whipped up the best smelling pizza in the world..... I had to leave in order to resist it.... but I managed to get out the door without even so much as a pinch of pizza! Go me.
Well, I've got a bunch of paperwork to do so I'm going to get started. Ya'll have a great day!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #4  

So I decided on my way into work this morning that I was going to do this so here it goes. This is long and I hope won't make me sound.....oh I don't know.........

I started Atkins in September with the hopes of dropping weight like crazy. But of course true to my nature it came off very slowly. Even on induction I only lost 5 pounds. But I was determined and since this woe wasn't that hard to follow I continued on. I had my slips here and there and paid for them. I would be down a couple then up a couple. I realized that the weekend debouchery was going to make it so that I never got to my goal unless I did something about it. And taking a piece of this or that during the week just wasn't going to work either. So I took control. A "little bird" told me once that when I decided that I was control of my body not the other way around it would start coming off. If it was hungry I fed it but I didn't cave into the treats it was asking for. I gave it legal foods enough to satisfy. But still the weight was coming off so slow and yet I still continued on. I think part of me just couldn't take failing at another diet so I thought that I should just keep on going....what was the worst that would happen?
Each week I would be down another pound and was happy but still my size wasn't changing. I was getting very discouraged. I decided that some exercise was in order. So I started walking again now that the weather was getting nicer. Then I stopped having any wine during the week....boy that was a tough one but I have done it now for 3 weeks. You would think that the weight is just dripping off me now....but no...it is still just pokin along. Some of my 14's are baggy and in fact even some of the 12's that I managed to squeeze into are now getting baggy. Is it possible that I could fit into a 10? NO, I go shopping and I can't even fit into a size 14 jean, so what is up with that. I know it depends on the designer and all but still that doesn't help a girls attitude. So I look and look for the biggest 12's I can find. Ah, I feel better now but who am I kidding right?
But I keep going and keep going. My attitude was getting better, I wasn't hungry all the time, I was sleeping better now without the wine and felt stronger for the exercise. But have I been rewarded yet with a major WOOOSH? NO....it just keeps slowly coming off.
BUT, yesterday when I got on the scale and found I was solidly into the 150's with no chance of an upswing I suddenly stopped and realized I was 20 pounds lighter than last summer. THAT IS AMAZING TO ME. When I got off the scale I was asaulted by the wall of mirrors in the bathroom and came crashing down to earth. You don't look any smaller Jane. But then I really took a look. Yes I still had the "love handles" on my hips, yes my thighs still touch and yes my stomach needs a tuck, but overall I was thinner, I could tell. I got dressed for work and my slacks are almost falling off me. A size medium sweater that used to make me look like a sausage fit beautifully. This is good I thought.
So, now I have to change my mental attitude as well. Karen yesterday congratulated me on almost being at goal. It made me stop dead in my tracks. I was doing the half empty thing instead of the half full or vs. versa as our case may be. I suddenly realized that I only had 13 more to go to be at my goal. That goal is 145. I haven't weighed 145 since I don't know when. What a happy thought. I started wondering what it will be like, what will I be like? I realized I am going to look fabulous this summer! What a great feeling. What an accomplishment. I worked hard and with persistence it paid off. Now, I know that I am not there yet but I know that I WILL get there, no matter how long or how hard or what I have to change to get there, I will get there. And when I do I am going to relish every single second of it. I worked hard for it and I deserve it.

The end.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I will check in personally later.

Last edited by jane8760; 03-16-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies

I had a lovely morning, I am wearing a 2 piece suit that was to tight for me last year Even though I haven't lost anything in the past few months (my fault ).

YIPPEE!!

You all don't realize this but your whats keeping me going.

Love you all !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:13 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jane what a wonderful story, seeeeeee!!! this is whats keeping me going, YOUR THE BEST!!!

Shimma, PLEASE keep that snow by you too late, it will be here by 10 am YUCK.... Pizza ohhhh YOUR GOOD !!!

Brenda I am amazed that you can make brownies and still lose weight, your my hero !!!

I'm so proud of all of you.

Thanks !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #7  

Wow, Jane. You are an inspiration. It must be very frustrating when the weight doesn't come off as fast as it does for other people you know. I started Atkins YESTERDAY! hahaha! I half-heartedly did it last fall (not knowing what I was doing, I just avoided carbs as much as possible). I have to say that last fall, the weight started melting off of me. It took a few weeks, but it started happening. I was also exercising religiously daily. Well, my schedule has since changed and I'm having a hard time fitting exercise into my day (my goal is to exercise at least every other day now). I also bought the Atkins book, read up on it and am going by the book this time. I'm anxious to see what happens!
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:43 AM   #8  

Good Morning Ladies!

Brenda: From one chocolate/sweet lover to another, I know where you are coming from, we'll get through this!

Shimma: Keep that snow there with you cause we are finally having spring like weather here a week early!

Jane: You really are an inspiration girl! So far I have been very lucky because this weights seems to be melting off. Sometimes I worry that it is doing it to quickly, but who am I to complain? I am sure that it will change and when it does, I hope I can have your attitude!

Lennie: Way to go YOU on fitting into that 2 piece that was too tight last year!

Teece: Congrats on starting Atkins. You will have great support here with these nice ladies!

Well, it's off to work for me here. Slept a little too late this morning, and am having trouble getting moving. Luckily the computer room is near the bedroom so I at least made it here hahahaha! Hope you all have a great Tuesday, and I will check back in later this afternoon!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:08 AM   #9  

See now, I thought that that post would make me sound kind of self involved but really I only wrote it because that is how I am feeling this week and I wanted you all to know because you all helped me along the way....not be self involved.....oh for cryin out loud...you know what I mean....I hope.

I'm not one for words........
Old 03-16-2004, 10:15 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

Jane: OMG... that was the most inspiring post! I was one of the lucky ones that had weight melting off at the begining. But remember that "set point" I was talking about a few months back? Well.. I am there. The lowest weight I ever remember being after 12 years of age was 160 on my wedding day 13.5 years ago. I am having trouble getting past that point. But after reading your post, I know my OB/GYN is wrong wrong wrong, and I can get past that point and get to goal!

I love to read everyone's stats, and I am so glad to see that everyone is going down. But yesterday I noticed how close you are to goal! (To me with in 15 pounds is right there!) YOu should be proud of the 20 pounds gone. Even with the clothes not showing it as fast as you would like, you should be proud! I am proud for you!!

Brenda - What brand of Brownies do you buy? I saw a whole SLEW of them yesterday at Trader Joes and am just curious! I got some LC Dark Chocolate that had less than.5 grams in the whole bar because I am having potty trouble and I couldnt believe the stuff out there.

Shimma - WTG with the pizza That is so incredibly hard to do! I know because I am a Pizza lover and my family only gets to eat it on nights I have to leave to teach crochet classes! LOL!

Leenie - WTG on the suit! Gotta love that too! WOO HOO!!!

Teece - WELCOME! I am so glad you found us! POST OFTEN! It really helps! The gang here is fabulous and helpful and wonderful!! I am just getting back into exercise myself! I was hoping to go 4 days this week (M-T-Th-F) but I think I am going to stick to 3 days (M-W-F) because I am REALLY sore today! But I will stretch a bit! What kind of exercise do you do??

Lisa - I am so glad you found your way in here! Like I said to Teece - POST OFTEN! It really does help!!

As for me - I have a busy morning! FIrst taking the kids to school. Then home for a bit to finish up the bills!(OH that makes me so happy! NOT!) then back to school to work in my sons class for an hour. then home to work on my Girl Scout Leader Training (Intro to Outdoor Education) Fortunately our council has some at home training packets we can do! Then it is back to school to Pick up my son! My daughter is going home with a friend today so I can have some "study time" WOO HOO! I dont have to pick her up until 3ish!

I resisted the urge to get on the scale this morning! THat is only because I am SO SORE from the weights yesterday And TOM decided that I was time to visit! FINALLY! Maybe I will have a good loss this week! I know that with how sore I am, I will definately need to stay off the scale a couple of days because of the water retention in my muscles.

GOOD News though! THere is a new Yoga place in town! It caters ONLY to YOGA! one of my goals is to start taking yoga. I havent checked into it yet.. but I will!

OK.. I need to go make some breakfast! I had my coffee but I am starting to feel hungry!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

JANE!!!! Very nicely said and you are doing sooo great I just want to personally give you props!! I know exactly what you mean, I am doing the same thing...not worrying about how fast it comes off, but that it comes off and we are all doing a GREAT job!! Thank you Jane!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: I think you did a great job resisting the brownies. Yes, you ate two and a half, but that's sure a lot better than eating the whole pan (which I'm afraid is what I would do).

Shimma: I'm with you on the sleep thing. I can't sleep anymore, either! I have always been the soundest sleeping person around. Now, I can't get to sleep. I toss and turn most of the night. I've even slept on the couch a few nights because it seems more comfortable than my bed. What's up with that???

Jane: Thank you so much for sharing your story! It's very inspiring!

Leenie: What a great feeling! I hope you feel fabulous wearing that suit!

Teece: Welcome to the world of Atkins! It's a fabulous place!

Lisa: Welcome! Glad you are here!

Well, last night I was really excited because I found some low-carb tortillas at Wal-Mart. They weren't even outrageously expensive ($1.74 for eight). So, of course, as soon as I got home, I had to try them. Delicious!!! I was never a fan of the La Tortilla brand. They have an odd texture and taste to me. But, these tasted exactly like flour tortillas. (The brand is La Banderita.) So good! The only problem. I went nuts. I almost ate the entire package! (How embarassing is that!??) I had also found some low-carb ice cream and ate a ton of that, too! I have a real problem with portion control with "treats" like that, and I always have this feeling that I have to try everything I buy as soon as I get home. Bad news!! So, I was bloated and disgusted at myself after bingeing on tortillas and ice cream. I guess the good news (if there really is any good news out of this), it was all low-carb items. It wasn't like I was eating carb-filled, sugar-filled goodies. But, it was still very, very bad!! I just don't know if I can buy things like that anymore.

I was thinking I would get in some extra walking today, but it has been raining here since early this morning, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get a walk in. I might have to pull out the Gazelle and go to town on that. I definitely need to do something, I know that!!

Hopefully, I can get back on track and eat reasonable portions today!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Karen and TG: You guys posted as I was taking my own sweet time posting.

Karen: You are so busy! Sometimes I have a hard time exercising and focusing on losing weight, and I don't have kids, a business, a girl scout troop, etc., etc., etc. You really are amazing! And, I'm so incredibly impressed that you make it to the gym at 5 a.m.!!! You're really making losing weight a priority -- that's great!!

TG:
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:28 AM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,

Lady: don't let those LC brownies kick your a** you go girl!!

Yeah Shimma spring break!! I loved spring break when I was in school! Excellent job avoiding the pizza!

Leenie you go girl!! The 2 piece suit looks great I am sure!

Great to meet you Teece, we are right here if you need any help and feel free to jump right in!

Mrs H ahve a great day at work and so happy to see you here!

OOOOO Karen I love yoga, we have lotsa yoga places in town here, definantly take advantage of yours....so fun! I thought of you while watching re-runs of Sex In the city the other day, they had Jon BonJovi on there and every chance they got they did a close up of his buns!! LOL (very cute buns I might add) I can still remember the first time I ever saw him (she is transported back in time......) it was on American Bandstand and they did Runaway, he was wearing blue and black leopard pants and a little t-shirt, he had this scarf on his neck that he pulled back and forth while he was singing abd I remember thinking WOW that boy is HOT!!! (just a little memory for you! ) I went right out and bought the (get this) 45 of Runaway!!!! ROFL!!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:29 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Jina you sneaky like ninja!

Hi and yummy LC tortillas I love em! Have fun on the gazelle (I always wanted to try one of those!!)