3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Time for my introduction! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/37995-time-my-introduction.html)

alysonwonderland 03-15-2004 02:32 PM

Time for my introduction!

Hi everyone!
I just thought I would stop lurking and introduce myself!

My name is Aly and I am 23 year old graphic/web designer in upstate NY. Today is my day 1 of restarting induction. I started Atkins last July 10th (I was 149 at that point) I lost 23 pounds in about 6 weeks and stayed at 126 until Thanksgiving. I went waaaaaaaaay off on my eating since then, and decided I needed to get back on track. I am at 135 right now and would like to get down to 120 (preferably by April 20th when I go to Florida and have to wear a bathing suit!!!) I also started working out in January (something I have never in my life done) and have started this 13 week walk/run program that is really helping. I am just sick of being mushy, I want some muscle tone! :D Also, I was a HUGE fan of the Advantage bars, to the point where I was eating usually 2 every day. They didn't hinder my weight loss but this time around I am not eating any sugar alcohols.

So that is me in a nutshell, just thought I would say hi and thanks for all the great information and support that is on these boards!

-Aly

Trazzie 03-15-2004 02:41 PM

Hi Aly,
Great to have you aboard! Welcome and feel free to jump in and start posting away. :)

Leenie 03-15-2004 02:41 PM

Hi Aly,

Welcome to the jungle ;)

We are happy you came out of lurkdome and decided to join us. Don't forget to stop by the daily thread and shout hello :D

Hugs !!

Catgirl67 03-15-2004 03:10 PM

Aly,

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Tummy Girl 03-15-2004 06:30 PM

Hey Aly, Glad you could join us at our quaint little forum here :) Posting is far more fun than lurkdom ever could be. Post often!

Tummy

KarenW 03-15-2004 07:23 PM

WELCOME ALY!

I am glad you came out of lurkdom! Posting with us is a lot more fun.. just like Tummy Girl said!

Post often! It helps!! :) And the information that comes out around here! You wont believe it!

lady_adnerb 03-15-2004 08:41 PM

Aly, welcome to the club and glad you're not lurking anymore :wave:

jdoggmartin 03-15-2004 09:59 PM

Aly,

Welcome!! I'm so glad you're here. I'm not brave enough to venture out on the beaches here in a bathing suit yet, even though I only live five minutes away. But, hopefully someday soon I'll be out there strutting my stuff! Where are you visiting in Florida? Looking forward to getting to know you!

Take care,
Jina

Theo'sgirl 03-15-2004 11:57 PM

Great to meet you Aly just jump right in!!

TG

Shimma 03-16-2004 08:22 AM

Welcome Aly! :wave:

alysonwonderland 03-16-2004 08:47 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :)

Jina, I am going to Disney World in April! I am a bit of a fanatic, I think this will be my 12th trip!

I learned this morning that re-starting Atkins the same day as my little monthly friend was a bad, bad idea. I fear my poor boyfriend may never be the same again! I was quite the PMS/caffeine-wanting/carb-wanting monster when I woke up! :devil: :devil: :devil: But that's what he gets for cooking french fries and chicken nuggets this morning!

Leenie 03-16-2004 09:14 AM

French fries in the morning, he's my kinda guy HAAAAAAA!

I mean SHAME SHAME ON HIM ;)

alysonwonderland 03-16-2004 11:39 AM

hahah the french fries were for his lunch, but I wouldn't put it past him to eat them for breakfast! ;) the boy can eat his weight in food every day and not gain a thing!!!

Catgirl67 03-16-2004 12:50 PM

Aly,
I started Atkins during that time also, but I was fine. Maybe because I didn't give up coffee! I will pray for your boyfriend! :lol: Tell him he has to cook at a neighbors for the time being! :D