3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Hungry (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/37831-hungry.html)

lady_adnerb 03-12-2004 08:24 AM

Thank you all for the advice. I'll head to the food log and check out what others eat for a snack. I'm actually clueless on that. I've not snacked (well, except during TOM) since I started this WOE so I forgot completely about it!!! No wonder my carb count is so low. lol

Leenie 03-12-2004 09:27 AM

Our bodies fluctuate so much so listen to it, a piece of chicken isn't going to hurt and its better than driving you off the edge towards cookies. The only time I would be cautious is before bed, like chowing down on pepperoni and cheese like I do :( like I'm trying NOT to do. That can ruin your efforts. So now I go to bed early lol ;)

Eat papa eat !!!

lady_adnerb 03-12-2004 09:33 AM

I think I'm still training my brain on what should and should not (well, the should not part I'm pretty sure of :lol: ) be happening on this WOE. But it's hard to remember that you have to EAT to lose weight. That's a hard one to re-train the brain with.

StarPrincess 03-12-2004 11:19 AM

I so don't have time, but I just couldn't resist this one.

Brenda-love, I do the same exact thing. I'll be cruising along and then I'll eat and I feel hungrier after I've eaten than before! Very annoying. So here's my tips:

1. Eat smaller portions more frequently. I just re-learned this one and it's working great! I put an example of what I'm doing in today's chat.

2. Set limits for yourself. We shouldn't be starving ourselves, but we need to remember that it takes our bodies 20 minutes to register "no longer hungry". 20 Minutes!!!! You can eat a lot of extra and unnecessary stuff in 20 minutes. So try setting reasonable rules for yourself. Eat your portion of food and if you're still hungry, say to yourself "Ok, we're gonna go do something else right now, but if you're still complaining about being hungry in half an hour, I'll give you some more food." That way, you're reinforcing healthy eating habits and not depriving yourself.

3. This WOE has made me so aware of my body and how I react physically and emotionally to food. Pay attention to you! You can't work with what you don't understand. ;)

lady_adnerb 03-12-2004 11:27 AM

We're taught early on to eat 3 meals a day and to not snack between meals. I'm slowly cutting down my meals. I'll have to get some sausage sticks and string cheese to munch for small snacks. Maybe I can cut the lunch out and just snack for that. Re-train myself slowly that way. I'm usually not hungry so to be that way yesterday surprised me. Then after I drank my water and waited for my eggs it was like i wasn't hungry anymore. Go figure. So I definitely need to learn the smaller portions-and then decide trick!!

Leenie 03-12-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Set limits for yourself. We shouldn't be starving ourselves, but we need to remember that it takes our bodies 20 minutes to register "no longer hungry". 20 Minutes!!!! You can eat a lot of extra and unnecessary stuff in 20 minutes.

You ain't just whistling dixie. Its a nasty habbit to have and a hard one to break.

lady_adnerb 03-12-2004 06:44 PM

Ok. Planning smaller meals isn't going to cut it for me. I totally missed out on "lunch" and snack. So I didn't get much into my system at all today. Phewwy!! It's back to the 3 meals a day for me. I'll just have to throw in some type of snack.