Old 04-03-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekend Chat - April 3rd and 4th

Good Morning Ladies

Whatcha all doing this weekend ?

Nothing much here, its raining out ICK, I know april showers bring may flowers but ....... oh phooie lol.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sorry to hear about the rain

Stepped on the scale for official WI day--down only 1 pound. But I'll take it w/out complaints!! Hopefully I keep going down. I had a run in of the pistacchio kind last night. Oh man those things get me every time. I need to get them out of the house (I know. Why'd I buy them) again. Then after I ate the pistacchios I had a zcarb bar. The WHOLE thing.
I can't seem to get myself back into induction. But I think that's where I lose the most. Not much planned today. After I post I'm going to work out to tae bo. See what shakes things up there (if you feel the earth move no need to worry--it's just me ). I tried on summer clothes. YIPPEE! They all fit and are loose. DH is complaining cuz I'm getting skinny--but I love the look in his eyes I tried on a swimming suit and have come to realise there ain't NO bikini in my future. Well, not w/out shorts over the top of it. Tummy buldge is too major (DH also said I worry too much about that) to be sticking it out in public.
Hope you all have a GREAT day / weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!!

I am up early on a Saturday morning!!! The dnag dog was snoring and keeping me up and it took me awhile to figure out which of the 4 of them it was!! So I might as well get up and start this day!!! I have to go pet sit one of my clients and then to the gym, and my 18 yr old nephew asked me out to lunch today (sweetie!!) so I will be doing that too, and all at the same time trying to get ready for our Easter Party and getting ready fro our yard sale the following weekend!! BUSYYYYY! Hope all of you are having a great weekend!!

Brenda: CONGRATS on the pound excellent job!!

Leenie: sorry about the rain girl, being from Oregon I know how it is!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Ladies,
Well yesterday my eating was great until....... my 9pm dinner out! I tried to be good and ordered a taco salad.. but it came with four cheese quesadilla's!! I didn't know!! So I picked the cheese out of a couple and lost it.. I ate 2 complete slivers and stoled a fry from DH...Now where is that confessions thread when I need it I have no excuse.. I just wanted to eat it..I'm not going to beat myself up over it, it was my very first cheat and now it's time to move on. Really tho it could have been so much worse!

Leenie - I think it's going to rain here too.. ack well I wont complain to much.. at least it's not snow!

Brenda - Have fun with your workout.. do one for me while your at it
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 08:46 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Trazzie you snuck in on me!! Sneaky like ninja girl!
Don't worry about it, as long as you go right back you probably won't see much difference. So don't beat yourself up about it. Happens to everyone at one time or another.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:45 PM   #6  
Mouth of the South

Well Leenie, it's raining in Houston too! The past week has been beautiful weather. Oh well, all the more excuse to climb back into bed and take a five hour nap! The past couple of weeks at work have been so stressful that I am not doing a darn thing today, and I am loving it! I am not getting on the scale, so I don't know how many pounds I have lost, but I know I must be losing inches, because my clothes are looser, my cheekbones are visable, and I don't feel as soft as I used to. I can even feel my shoulders now instead of that layer of fat!

Leenie: Take a nap! That is what the rain is for on Saturday!

Brenda: One pound is good! Don't be so hard on yourself. It will come. Your clothes being looser is a really good sign. The look in DH's eyes is an even better sign!

Trazzie: Good for you for enjoying the heck out of that food and not having any regrets! I got drunk off of my a$$ the other night, and other than the hangover, I have no regrets! I still managed not to get bloated!

TG: I used to have a dog that snored like a human, and another that belched and passed gas like a human! I owned both of them at the same time, so you can imagine what it was like in my house! How many pets do you have? I love animals so much. I will take one of your cats!

Star: We miss you and hope you have a speedy recovery! Here is a get well gift for you!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #7  

Hiya Ladies

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I just got in from work a little while ago and I am exhausted. Have to shower and leave in about 45 minutes though, so no time from personals. Going to a relay for life fundraiser tonight! DH just left to head to the beach. We have a place there and he's going down tonight where he can do some work there tomorrow! So I have the night to myself! Yayyyyyyyyyyy I will try to check in later and get more personal!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:40 PM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Catgirl,

We have tons of pets it is the curse of warking for a vet, not ony does Toad snore he also brups and farts.....he is much like his owner my DH!!! hahahahahaha!!!!

Total we have
4 dogs
2 cats
3 chickens
7 water turtles
1 tortoise
2 birds
and I think that is it!! PLus 2 kids it is a regular zoo around here!!!

Feeling pretty good right now even though I just totally messed up my diet today and went OP some. We went out to lunch and had indian food and I was doing good but I ended up eating off DH plate and tasted some of my fav dishes that I have been craving for sooooooo long, so i just did it and now i am satisfied and ready to move on!! I have been craving that curry chicken for months to the point my mouth waters!! It really tasted excellent I have to say, for a treat.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #9  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

I've worked both Saturday and today, plus I've done OT. Stupid me, I was in such a rush to get to work this morning I forgot to bring lunch...I might go for a wander - yesterday I got a bbqed chicken breast from Woolworths and it was delicious! I have a mini babybel in my drawer which is about to disappear...
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:24 PM   #10  
Mouth of the South

Raven,

Sounds like you have been working hard! It's good to see you here . I hope your weeknd goes well. What kind of work do you do? I really wish I could get overtime. I could really use the $$$$~! Take it easy!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Well this has been somewhat of an exciting weekend for me. I have gained 4 pounds over the last 5 days with no really good explanation untill today. I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll be the first to "voluteer" to try lifetime maintenance! I'm going to up my carbs to just 70 per day and see what that does for me!

I'm really scared about this for so many reasons, so I hope you guys don't mind if I vent just a little bit. First, pray for me! This is our 4th pregnancy and none of the first three made it to term (2 ectopic and 1 m/c). So I'm scare about that. And very far away secondary is, of course, gaining back the 34 pounds I've lost and more! I believe I've gained a very valuable experience in learning what to eat and what not to eat. I just hope I can maintain that for continued good health and low gaining!!!

Thanks for listening!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Congratulations Lori!!! And prayers will be coming your way and sorry to hear about your previous losses. Vent away and try not to get too worried. That won't be good for your health either. I know, easier said than done. Now's the time to take care of yourself. Keep us informed on how maintenance goes
Old 04-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #13  
Look at me go ;)

Hi Ladies!

Induction is going well. I am actually not that hungry, or rather, I don't seem to be hungry all the time. I do have a weird feeling in my stomach that is constant. It is kind of like hunger but I know how much I have eaten and I think it's my brains way of trying to make me think I am still hungry because it knows there was something missing from the meal. LOL. Other than that all is ok. I found a great dressing called Carb Options by Wishbone. They make a pretty darn good Ranch with no carbs, sugar or sugar alcohols. I would still count a tblsp as 1 carb though.

I only have a little bit of a weird headache today, but not painful. And if I slow down I notice how tired I am. No bad cravings though and DH is going to start it tomorrow too. I am hoping for at least a 5lb loss by next weigh in which is Sat. I figure I will only take my measurements once a month and weigh in once a week. I also started AF yesterday so I am totally surprised that today has gone as good as it has. I bought some heavy cream, splenda and some Atkins sugarfree, carbfree chocolate syrup just in case though. I am trying to save it for emergencies only LOL. I know that stuff is preferred in OWL but not induction.

Lori - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I am so happy for you I wish I was there with ya. I can imagine how scared you are so I will definitly keep you in my thoughts for a very happy and healthy 9 months. I am sure you will do just fine with LTM

Raven - I am so with you on the OT. I did 55 hours last week. Boy was I waiting for today. I knew last night that this weekend was going to go buy too fast! Is that a picture of you in your avatar?

Lisa - Enjoy your night at home! I just a week of them and while I enjoyed it at first, I am sooo happy Dh is back.

Catgirl - Way to go on those inches! They are truly a hidden blessing. I plan on doing my measurements once a month just for that extra boost of confidence! I can't believe how big my butt measures!

Trazzie - You and I talked about this. Don't beat yourself up about it. You enjoyed it and you are entitled to that every once in a while. You are still doing great! I can't wait for my new car smell to arrive.

Theo's Girl - How was your lunch with your nephew? I love little surprises like that!

Brenda: Woohoo! A pound is a pound is a great pound when its one pound less! I like Tae Bo too, although I think the advanced level will forever be out of my reach.

Leenie - We have had rain too! It's only nice when I don't have to go anywhere. Then I love it, especially with thunderstorms and lightening. It does get boring though so I feel ya.
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Randi- You and me both. I'm still on the basic tape. I can do everything pretty much w/them (keep up) except that very tail end. That kills me every time and I've always got to modify it for me.
Congrats on the great start. Hope DH does as well

Hm. Not sure what's with me lately. Strict induction doesn't seem to be in me anymore. I was on the go yesterday all day and realised I skipped lunch (again) so whipped out the Atkins Good start bar. Then I came home, ate my salad and chicken and felt better. But then out of the blue I needed chocolate again. So I got out a chocolate toffee bar. Then at wal-mart bought some chocolate covered (also LC) peanuts. I ate 3/4 of the bag. OH!!! And the chocolate peanuts was all after I ate the rest of the pistacchios. So today it's back to (trying) strict induction. I want to get that last pound off before Easter to make (again) my Easter challenge. Wish me luck!!!

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 04-04-2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:16 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning!

I have been very bad with the scale this week, jumping on it every morning. I was in fear of a stall but it looks like that cycle has been broken. Today I'm a tad down and feeling great since the quesadillas didn't win that minor battle.
So things have been looking up a bit lately. I don't know if I mentioned it but all three of my vehicles pooped out at the same time. My car has a 5 inch crack in the trany, DH's car just wouldnt start and they said it needs a new engine.. and our Van seemed to have forgotten how to stop. Yup money money money = stress! Well DH and my brother replaced the van's brakes and roaters (sp?) for under 100 bucks! Saturn dealership said they would take my car as a trade in, so I get to pick up the new one tomorrow.. and DH's car.. well it's still sitting at the auto place waiting for it's destiny. We are going to end up just junking it... But the solutions are all at hand

Lori - CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you! I would really love a baby, I just don't want another child and they all seem to grow up! I will be praying for you!! I know how terrifying it can be especially if you've had complications in the past. I have a 50/50 record. 6 pregnancies and 3 children so I know exactly what you have to mentally deal with. Be strong.. this ones going to make it!! *HUGS*

Brenda - I too am trying to sch-wing my way back into induction. I seem to be having complications. I mean come on I stayed on strick induction for over a month and a half and now I'm having one heck of a time going back to it. I had no problems with it the first time.. but now.. geesh all I can think about are my nuts! Ok that sounded bad but you know what I mean

Cinny - Headache, Tired..Tummy etc.. expect those symptoms to get worse over the next 2 days. You will feel like an on the edge zombie here in a bit if you were anything like me. Hang in there girly it will pass and you will be feeling fantastic once you get through it! Withdrawls are nasty! But you can do it! Your already off to a great start

Star - Um Um *clears throut* (Bursts out in song) You Can See Clearly Now That The Surgery's Done!
Wishing you the best, and anxiously awaiting the results.. the suspense is killing me!

Ok off to get dressed and find some breakfast.. lots to do today so I'll check in later.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote