3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Can you eat all the toppings!? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/36854-can-you-eat-all-toppings.html)

AtkinsChick 02-18-2004 02:14 PM

Can you eat all the toppings!?

I just read on someone's website that they order a pizza and eat all the toppings and leave the crust. THis can't be healthy. The sauce alone would be bad, right? :o

Shimma 02-18-2004 02:17 PM

When I get a craving for pizza, i usuall scrape the bulk of the sauce off.... leaving a bit. I've looked at a LOT of pizza sauce carbs and I know that commercially prepared sauces usually have sugar, and that amount of sugar usually increases if it's a resturant prepared sauce..... so... eating the sauce is where you're going to get a TON of carbs.... but I usually leave a smidgen on. Of course, my friends usually get weak and eat the crust so I KNOW I'm better off than they are anyway. ;)

If you do crave pizza, they do have low carb pizza crust mixes out there. CarbSense (I think) makes a really really yummy one. I've only had it once but I swear I didn't feel like a single thing was missing!

StarPrincess 02-18-2004 03:14 PM

It depends on the toppings, too. I don't think you want to be downing a bunch of pineapple ;)

Shimma 02-18-2004 03:16 PM

Oh gawd, I never have pineapple on my pizza.

StarPrincess 02-18-2004 03:18 PM

Canadian bacon, pineapple and mushroom used to be my favorite.

Now it's pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and black olives :D

lady_adnerb 02-18-2004 03:19 PM

pineapple on pizza?? oh i don't think so!!! I've scraped the toppings off a couple times. it's yummy. I've to mozzarella and pizza sauce in stock and those low carb tortilla's. I'm gonna make me a pizza someday I'm thinking. IF I can't stand induction anymore. I'm hoping to stay on induction for this week. just to prove to myself I can do it. Wish me luck! lol

StarPrincess 02-18-2004 03:22 PM

Those tortillas work pretty well for pizzas. I don't think they're as filling as using the Carb Sense pizza crust, but they're definitely easier and cheaper!

Shimma 02-18-2004 03:22 PM

lol. What I've also done (and I swear someone is gonna yell at me for this) is if I'm all by myself and craving pizza..... I'll take a piece of low carb bread, some pizza sauce some toppings and chese and throw it in the oven. My sister and I used to eat these all the time before ATkins....... They're so yummy. I make mine a meat lovers just like pizza hut.

jdoggmartin 02-18-2004 05:22 PM

YUM! I'm hungry for pizza now. I've used the tortillas for pizza, too. Pretty tasty. I like hamburger, pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms. It really does the trick for a pizza craving like I'm having now... :D