Wed. - February 18th Chat

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning Ladies,
    I was overjoyed this morning when I stepped on the scale and I was down 3.5lbs. I'm starting to love my WI days, tho I'm sure that will change soon. Every week I sit in anticipation thinking that the great stall is going to hit but so far I've lucked out.
    Well enough dancin' now, I best get ready for work before they send a squad out to get me No more hooky for me.. shame on me.. but I enjoyed every minute of it!
    You all have a fantastic day!
  • Trazzie---congrats on the weight loss!!!

I stepped on the scale and it was down a pound. I'm hoping this time it stays off. Official weigh-in is on Saturday so I'm not sure why I always step on the scale every day. To keep my in touch w/it?? I managed to stay OP ALL day yesterday!!! WOOHOO for me. lol. I'm hoping that I can continue w/that! Time will tell. Nothing exciting happening for me today. I get to go to work and there's NOTHING for me to do. So I get to create work for myself just to look busy. That sucks! The time always goes by SOOO slow!! UGH.

You all have a great day
  • Forgot to ask--

Theo'sGirl---did you ever eat your cheese? Wish my sweet tooth craving would change into that. Even though I think I've been eating WAYYY too much cheese lately. I'm slowly cutting down on that.

• Good Morning,

WOW Congratulations Trazzie and Brenda

I'm all happy today, we were expecting a snow storm, YES another one, and it blew out to sea

Have a wonderful Wednesday Everyone - HUGS !!!

• Good morning.

Well I braved the scale this morning also and stepped on....and just as I suspected it is up. BUT I DESERVE IT. I had way to much "fun" last week and I am in the middle of TOM so I am not worried. That is the one thing I love about this woe is that as long as I get back on the wagon it just comes off again. That is what makes me think I will be able to do this forever.
    I am only up 4 but I was great yesterday and I anticipate another good day today. I was supposed to go out to dinner with some friends that I used to work with but we postponed it until next week. So that means a complete on plan day for me Not that I would have been bad at dinner but at home I feel like I have more control.

My dh grilled me some chicken tenders last night to bring for lunch this week. YUM those are so good with the hot sauce on them and some blue cheese dressing (only a little sauce )

We have an internet meeting today at noon ....those things are so boring. This guy drones on and on and on........he reminds me of that teacher from Feris Bulers Day Off...."Buler, Buler....anyone?" You'd have to know the movie to get that one

Trazzie and Lady_Adnerb: Way to go!

Leenie:

Have a great day...I will check in later.
  • Hiya all!

Congrats on the weight loss Brenda and Trazzie!!!!

I've got a question for all you knowledgable people.... I've heard contrasting reports about the birth control pill and Atkins. I've heard it doesn't make a difference and I've heard it intereferes with your weight loss. My sister is about to go nuts because she started the pill about a week and a half to 2 weeks ago and hasn't lost any weight since..... which makes ME worry because I'm about to go on the pill. Does anyone know if it causes stalls or if it intereferes at all??? Thanks for the info!
    I'm back at work today... it sucks.
  • As far as I know the pill can cause you to gain weight no matter what eating plan you are on.
  • Leenie--congrats on the snow missing you! I know I'd be excited about that one also!!!

Jane--your DH sounds like...a darling. lol. I can't imagine my hubby making me something to eat. Unless it was a salad. lol

Um. I must be weird because I LOST weight when I first started the pill. Of course, I was also MANY years younger than I am now. rofl
  • I'm so spoiled....he cooks on the grill almost everynight. I cook the inside stuff he takes care of the beast!

We moved into our condo in the winter and when the movers were about to put the grill in the garage my husband and I both yelled "NO, put it on the deck" The movers looked at us like we had two heads.
    The neighbors must think we are nuts. But we love the weber.
  • Trazzie - You rock girl!! Awesome job! 3.5 pounds?? What I would give to have a loss like that, WOO-HOO!!

lady_adnerb - Congrats on that 1 pound loss, way to go!!!

Leenie - glad your snow storm went somewhere else.

Jane - sorry about the gain, just keep on track & those numbers will start going down soon

Shimma - The pill can make you gain weight, so I am sure that it has probrably stalled her. Thats why I have never been big on the BC pill while on diets

I am feeling MUCH better today! I am down 1/2 pound, and AF is officially GONE, thank goodness. I have been working out like crazy! I daydream all day long about the body I want, and that pushes me SO hard to get on that Elliptical, or to do the lunges, squats, crunches, whatever.

I had a very COOL moment yesterday. I called to make a tanning appointment, and then realized that my clothes were in the washing machine, and I had 1/2 hour to get dressed & be there. I could only find one pair of jeans & they were a size 18 low rise Levi's. I was able to button them up. They were a little snug in the butt, and in the thighs, but other than that, they worked just great. DID YOU HEAR ME?? SIZE 18'S!! Woo-Hoo!!!

No plans for today, its just a lazy day at home with no plans, and I am going to enjoy it. Have a great day ladies
  • YIppeeeee Yipppeeeeeee!!!! I am down 2 pounds!!! I felt like my body was reconfiguring!!! I had to go to Goodwill and get some new pants!!

Brenda: yup I had my cheese and it stopped the sugar craving, I learned that from Star actually, if when you crave sugar stay away from the sugar completely (read labels because some things have little carbs but have sugar ie: Reddi whip) be sure everything you put in your mouth doesn't have sugar and then give your body something fatty and it will figure it out from there, it took awhile to train it but it works goos now, the only time I can't really get away with it is on TOM. CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS BRENDA!!!!!

YEAH TRAZZIE!!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!!

Stay warm Leenie!!!

Jane uhmmmmmm chicken tenders!! I grill in the winter too!

Shimma I am not sure about the pill haven't taken it since I was 16! LOve your picture!!! It is nice to put a face with a name.

HILARY!!!!! CONGRATS ON THE SIZE 18'S YIPPEEEE!

alright ladies this is a bad subject but I have a question......I know we talked about this before but I can't remember what was said. Do any of you use something to keep you regular?? I have not needed anything up to now, and I feel fine I just am only going #2 every 2-4 days but I want to be more regular than that for obvious reasons....I eat plenty of spinach, celery and lettuce, you think I would go all the TIME!! I also drink lotsa water. So any suggestions of carb friendly suppliments????
  • Good Morning!
    I'm still NEW to this site, and decided to join in the daily chat! I think this site is great. I need some help and encouragement and I do believe this is the place to be!!!

After the EATING PASS I gave myself over the weekend, I think I'm back on target! I've gone for the last 2 days being strict and NO cheating! You can read what I ate on the Confession thread! LOL!!!! Boy was I BAD! Today is my 3rd day of being back on the wagon - after the disasterous weekend!

Everyone seems to be doing so well!! I'm not weighing until the end of the week...I need to make sure I see some results or I'll be so bummmmmmmeeeed out.. ..but its my own fault. LOL
  • Great to meet you Catbird!!!
  • Good to meet you too Theo! WTG on the 2 pounds! I hope I'll be dancing at the end of the week!!!!!!! That sugar over the weekend just about did me in! LOL! I KNOW BETTER . . .but, afterall, it was VDay! LOL!!! You sound like you are doing great.
  • morning everyone... bleh the scale said 170.5 this morning. Grrrr...massive amounts of macadamia nuts did it, I'll bet.

Shimma: I could write a book on my birth control pill side affects. After a while, I got to the point where it was no longer worth it to take it. I just use a condom instead. So here's what it did (or at least what I blame on it) 1) 3 week long periods, nutso PMS, crazy crazy food cravings and binges (i blame the weight gain on the extra estrogen causing CRAVINGS), did I mention out of control PMS for 3 weeks each month???!!!!

Anyway, your experience will probably be better, but if you have crazy PMS and cravings after 3 months like I did, I would toss the pack and never go back. I went on it 3 times (about 6-10 months each time) and it never got any better. Oh the one I used was orthotricycl-something, the popular one. Oh and how they tell you it clears up your skin? I had the WORST acne of my entire life while on it.