Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey Trazzie, missed you while I was posting!

You know, I'm so relieved to see my post up there because as I hit submit, I had a complete internet explorer crash and I was afraid that I lost everything! Phew!
Old 02-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #17  

Lekker: Don't feel bad...I too sometimes feel worse when I hear other people doing so well and I am not. But in my case I know in my heart it is because "I" am not following the plan 100%.....not saying your not....just that I understand how it feels to be NOT a loser
Old 02-13-2004, 04:07 PM   #18  
Head Princess

Lekker! I'm so glad to see you back! I'm sorry you're having a tough time of it right now. I totally understand. I get all sorts of down when I stall for longer than a week and sometimes hearing how well everyone else is doing makes it feel worse.

Sounds like you have fun plans for tomorrow! I don't care for this particular holiday. I call it VD. Still, I'm going to the movies tonight. Going to see '50 First Dates'. Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler are a good pair for a romantic comedy. 'The Wedding Singer' is one of my favorites!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #19  
Movin' and Losin'

Yay, Lekker! I'm so glad you're still around. I'm sorry you're in a funk right now. I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it seems like everyone else is losing weight and leaving me in the dust! It can get hard to deal with. We're all here for you!

Star: I absolutely love Adam Sandler. "The Wedding Singer" is one of my faves, too! You'll have to let me know how it is.

Trazzie: I must just think you again for the wonderful cream cheese pancakes. Beautiful things!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Ahhh - Jane, Star, Jina, , you are all so sweet and lurvely, and make me feel all kinds of inside!
Old 02-13-2004, 04:47 PM   #21  
Head Princess

Damn! I was going for making you feel all or or maybe even inside
Old 02-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #22  
Slimwithin

So this is where you guys all hang out these days. Hardly anyone ever posts in the daily in Low Carb anymore.
I've been doing the 1972 version of Atkins since November. I lost 9 lb at first but then along came Christmas and a big gain. It took me most of January to lose my ill gotten gains. I have found that with my sluggish metabolism, I have to stick pretty close to Induction carb levels (basically less than 10 gr daily) and I still don't lose the pounds. I'm noticing other changes though, like clothes fitting a bit looser here and there.
The reason I switched to '72 is because the 20 grams allowed in DANDR is just too much for me. I can't eat all the 'frankenfoods' that Atkins & Co. seem to be pushing now. I broke down and had an Endulge bar the other day which put me at about 15 Gr for the day and the next morning I was up 4 lb. How discouraging is that!!
My advice to you young gals is once you lose it, make sure you keep it off. I'm telling you, getting old and being fat is ****. And once you're on prescription medications, you can pretty well say good-bye to satisfactory weight loss results on ANY diet. Believe me, I've tried just about all of 'em. I used to be able to lose 20 lb easily in a month. Those days are gone forever and man, do I ever regret not keeping the pounds off the first time I lost them.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:22 PM   #23  
The Princess O' Pets

HI to all the ladies on the board, I am just stopping by to say I don't feel good today so sorry I didn't respond to each of you personally.....I am gonna go lay down, but all of you have a great day!!

I will be back tomorrow and tell you about the party drama last night.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:26 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 6"

Theo - I don't think anyone is feeling up to par today. Hope you kick the ick bug and feel better soon. We're anxiously awaiting the party results

Linda - I'm taking your advice to heart. I am doing Atkins once .. for the rest of my life

Lekker - You know we are here for you even in your weak moments and you know we all have them!

Well all tonight I told the kiddos and DH.. we could go out to eat because I didn't feel like cooking.. pick any place they wished. Silly me ..thinking that they would go for McDonalds or a resturant I could actually order something from.. they picked Pizza Hut.. OMG!! They all ordered the spaghetti and personal pan pizza's and there I was sitting with a salad from the most hiddious saladbar I had ever seen life. I couldnt even eat it I was so frustrated. I picked a little cheese for taste off my youngest DD's pizza and it was all over! I was in that car and driving to Hardee's for their low carb burger. YEAH! I didn't cheat.. but that evil temptation sure did try to get me tonight!
Closed Thread