Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Valentines Weekend Chat - Feb 14 & 15

Happy Valentines Day Everyone

Sending you much love this weekend and always.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:03 AM   #2  

Hey ladies
Have a good day for those of you with loves in their lives.

Well today I get to work at KFC apperently we get busy today. I laughed and said if my sweetie got me KFC for Valentines I would not be happy LOL.

Actually last night I did something at work though I had the cook make me 2 wings without breading them with his normal round. Was actually really good. I guess some flour could have got on them but the chicken was tasty and didn't have to rip off anything.

Going back into the deep freeze this weekend ( yuck) when will spring ever come.
Oh well give me more time to hide myself under sweatshirts and shock everyone come summer with the new me in t shirts LOL
Have Fun
Old 02-14-2004, 09:28 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie:Happy Valentine's Day

jjcj: Busy @KFC for Valentine's? Wow, I would never have thought that one!!

Well, my hubby and youngest DD went into the jewelry store last night (how do I know? Cuz I was sitting in the car waiting for them!!). So they come out and she's carrying a bag and they're both all like big smiles and such. I'm thinking oh heck, there goes our extra money. Not that I don't like jewelry, don't get me wrong. I LOVE it!!! But I'm practical and would much prefer something from Wal-Mart (where 3/4 of my jewelry is from) and where you can get a decent price instead of HUMONGOUS mark-ups. Anyway, so we're driving down the road and I'm in this somewhat crabby mood anyway....and I'm talking about how I hoped he didn't spend a ton on me because I really didn't need something expensive (not to mention I'm afraid as heck w/as rough as I have been on jewelry that something expensive I'll break!!). So he gives me the bag and tells me to open it. Hm..ok. I hate surprises anyway. So I open the bag. Inside is a heart--you know, the kind CANDY is in?? JEEZ!! Told him--Well, I can't eat that. So I open the smaller box. Inside is this BEAUTIFUL sapphire ring. And of course I've got not a finger that it fits on--so off to the jewelry store to day to return it for a bigger size (putting it on my middle finger). Anyway, we get home, and he tells me to open up the candy so the girls can at least eat some. So I figure what the heck. I open it up and INSIDE is another box. Turns out he bought me sapphire earrings also. To make the rest of the story short...I'm returning the earrings and he's going to get me some from Wal-Mart. The practical side hit me and I can't keep them. He's not all upset about it (He probably figured it was going to happen) and said he'd go to Wal-Mart and pick something out.

Hope you all have a GREAT Valentine's Day (Did I mention hubby had to work AGAIN today? Which means no day off for him AGAIN on the weekend! GRRR).
Old 02-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone and

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Tonight the family is going to a big Valentines party that one of our neighbors is throwing. I'm quite worried about it they always have such good food. They asked me to bring some jello so I thought ahead and made that low carb jello fluff stuff. I know I can't eat alot of it, I actually shouldn't eat any (still on induction) but I thought IF there was nothing else there I could actually eat, at least I could fall back on this. I also want to get a good meal in my system before we go as well. I don't know why this is bothering me so much, I guess it's just the break in routine. It's a whole day affair, which includes lunch and dinner time. Maybe I'll pack up a salad too....

Brenda - Your DH is so sweet. If mine would have bought me sapphires I think I would freak. He's from Norway so he doesn't believe in alot of "American" holidays and Valentines Day seems to be one of them. He's a great guy tho, and he treats me real well. That is more then enough to make up for not getting a little something today... but it still would be nice

Leenie - Have a Great Valentines

jjcj - Have a great day at work, and try not to work to hard I too am looking forward to crawling out of my sweatshirts with a new me. I doubt I will have any drastic changes by then, but I can notice already, it's only a matter of time before others do.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:23 PM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,
I am feeling better today I think I was just stressed and tired and hda too many carbs!! (that always makes for a happy tummy! *sarcasm*)

So I came home early yesterday and then I start my part-time schedule so that will get rid of alot of stress, and i can go back to the gym!!!

So as for the party it was a bust...the party itself was very nicely done. DH and I got in a huge fight beofre the party, I got all dressed up and the a** doesn't even say i look nice or anything, I got off @ 5pm and rushed home, they weren't even ready yet and then we finally get the kids to the sitter and rush over to the party, it is 7:10.......they are picking up the food from dinner!!! There is nothing for us to eat! We both haven't eaten since lunch so now I am mad and upset, so we stayed there 15 minutes and left! I thought it was crazy to have the caterer pick up the food at 7pm when 1/2 the people didn't even get off work until 5pm!! I am sure they have to go home and get dressed, take care of kids, etc! So then we are driving along and instead of DH just saying "we are dressed lets go out since we have a babysitter" He acts like a jerk and then I say it........." IF YOU WEREN'T D*CKING AROUND AND BEING A JERK WE WOULD'VE BEEN THERE IN TIME" Well I am sure you all can guess what happened after that!! To make a long story short....I made him take me home so I could change (I am still in semi-formal gear at this time, didn't seem appropriate fighting gear) and then after the fight it was 9:30 (still NO dinner!) so we ended up eating at Mike's drive in right next door to the sitter's house!! By this time I am on a suicide mission...what do you think I ordered??? Bacon/ mushroom/ swiss burger, fries with lotsa ketchup and..........a choc. peanut butter milkshake! So now you all know why I was sick yesterday! LOL

Toady I feel better just a little carb hangover head ache. AND....there was flowers and a card waiting for me when I woke up for V-day! I guess I will cancel the divorce papers!!! ((hahahahaha just kidding!))))) God I love him but I hate him too!!! LOL

Leenie: happy v-day!!!!

JJ: ooooooh I love KFC coleslaw! I would never be able to work there I'd eat it buy the bucket full!! Have a great day at work!

Lady A : you are WAY to practical for me I woulda took them and worried later, but you go girl!! Walmart has great jewlery too!

Trazzie: have fun at the party and you will be great!!

Happy valentine day ladies!!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 12:42 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

Trazzie:Hope you enjoy the party. I'm kind of glad I don't go to stuff like that. I don't have to worry about what to eat and such. Let us know how it works out! I try not to buy cards at this time of year. That is to me going overboard on the holiday. But I like to get (and give of course) stuff just as an appreciation type thing. We get the girls gifts also. Youngest DD wants some earrings. Must take after her mom (you should have seen BOTH DD's in the jewelry store!!! I'm gonna have to make sure not to take my jewelry off or they'll swipe them. lol).

Theo'sGirl: Sorry to hear about the fight you had. At least he was smart to get the flowers and a card. Hope that makes up for some of it and you have a great day!!

Should I mention I have 2 sapphires that didn't fit any free fingers?? And a Mother's Ring that was so bent out of shape I had to be careful how I wore it or it'd cut circulation off? I managed to trade the earrings in (oh man, I've just seen THE pair of earrings I'm hoping he replaces them with @Wal-mart. lol) and ordered the adjustments to the ring he just bought me, the 2 other sapphires PLUS get my Mother's Ring re-shaped. That all will cost $60+. But he STILL plans on getting me earrings. He's a sweetheart (sometimes). lol
Old 02-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Lady A,
Sounds like that is better, then you can wear your other ring to. I have alot of jewelry that I never wear, beacuse my fingers were too fat before, I should get it out and try it now. Well I have to go to Walmart today and pick up some things for around the house and diapers.

talk to you guys later. TO: All the sleepy heads that must still be in bed or doing fun things for V-day..... Happy Valentines to you when you log in!!
Old 02-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Well hello everyone!

I'm about ready to call it an evening (I've been at school all day). I've been trying to mark assignments for the class that I'm TAing ... there are 70 students, and I'm honestly only half done marking. One question pretty much everyone did wrong so it makes it soooo hard to mark.

I must admit that I am not a jewellry person myself (although since I am currently significant-other-less, I do not have to worry about getting that kind of gift!). In fact, the only jewellry that I usually sport are earrings (hoops that I only ever take out if they fall out by themselves) and one ring on my pinky finger of my dominant hand (but that's my engineering Iron Ring ... you can see what it looks like here (picture's not so hot): http://www.ironring.ca Plus, if you're interested, read what it's about).

I hope everyone's doing something special this evening, even if it's just taking time to relax!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:15 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Theo'sgirl: I love my rings. It's one reason I wanted them re-sized because I couldn't stand the thought of not being able to wear them all. Hubby had bought me my engagement ring and wedding ring set. Then a couple years ago he bought me another engagement ring. I wear it with my wedding set. lol When I get my rings back the only finger w/out rings will be my index fingers and of course my thumbs. So I'm heading towards earrings from now on I've got my ears pierced 5 times on the right ear and 6 (5 plus the one on the cartilage) on the left. I've been debating getting them pierced again. rofl. Yes, I'm crazy

Lekker: That is one MAJORLY cool story!!! I can see why you wear it and w/pride!

We went shopping today. He bought me FIVE pairs of earrings for LESS than he had paid for the one pair. He just needed an experience shopper to show him how to get more bang for his buck. lol I did start hinting for a necklace for Mother's Day. lol. Yes, I'm in a definitely better mood. The "blues" must have passed. Even though the peanut butter fudge that hubby got for the youngest DD is sitting on my mind. Told him that it's TOTALLY unfair and not nice to buy stuff like that when I can't eat it (I'd rather they hid it and so I wouldn't know it was there.) I definitely need to check out the dessert section around here. Maybe I need to make something that can be frozen--that way when the craving hits or I feel like eating something I shouldn't I can pull a piece of "something" from the freezer and feel like I'm cheating. lol. Wasn't there a brownie or fudge or cookie recipe around here somewhere??
*meanders to the recipe section*.

Hope you all had a great day!!!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:24 PM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

Lady A: I have my ears pierced 4 times on each ear, so I know what you mean and YEAH you have lotsa earring to wear now!! I used to have my nose and my tongue pierced too but I took them out years ago when "normal" people started doing it!! LOL!! I amke DH hide his candy in his room (the room where I never go and it is his own little haven, he has all his "toys" in there and reads his VW magazines) So I think too it is better if I don't even know he has a stash

Lekker!! That was the coolest story about your Iron Ring! OOOOO and I love Rudyard Kipling! I read my Rikki Tikki tavi book so much when I was a kid i wore it out!! It is still one of my favorite stories.

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 02-14-2004 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #11  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Morning all!

Well, I hit a major speedbump on my road to self control last week and it's taken until now to get back to where I was -- both weight-wise and mental-health wise. I was just so d*** mad at myself for choosing to give in to my cravings on 2 separate nights.

Then, I got even more furious because I couldn't understand why doing so made me feel like I couldn't/shouldn't post. Reading about how well some of you were doing just seemed to make me madder at myself for my lack of control. But.......all's well now. I wish I could blame it on TOM, but I went through premature menapause 3 years ago (at 39), so that's one excuse that flew right out the window. Stress? Well, that's always a good excuse, but who isn't stressed? Weakness? Ahhhh...maybe? Temporary insanity? Okeedokee...that'll do!!! Anyway...I just couldn' bear to have to update my current weight to a higher number, so I stayed low until I could come back and leave it untouched.

Valentine's Day was pretty much of a nonevent in my household. Some cards were swapped.....daughter to father, father to daughter, father to mother, mother to daughter, daughter to mother, mother to father.....etc. There were the prerequisite chocolate boxes for all but me. I was given a beautiful indoor rosebush plant with some nasty thorns that attacked me when I tried to unwrap the pot! Maybe that was payback for downing that box of Chex Mix last week?

Brenda and Ashley: Girls, you two need to shop wholesale for those earrings! I'm love the look of multiple earrings but never had the courage to endulge. I'm destined to be totally conventional.

Julie: How proud you must be to be part of your profession. Thanks for sharing the Iron Ring web site. Jewelry is always "nice," but jewelry that goes past outward appearance and truly stands for something is quite special. Wear it with pride!

Trazzie: You are an inspiration! Such careful planning! Hope you had a great time and were able to keep to the plan!

JJCJ: You are now officially on my "most admired" list. If I had to work around those biscuits at KFC........well, let's just say that particular franchise would be losing lots of money!

Leenie: Sending some love back your way!
Old 02-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Sunday Morning Everyone

I am not waiting for Lent to start Induction, I am starting it today, I am so sick of being in this cheating rut... I am FINALLY READY! Today's it, I'm gonna be a size smaller by summer if it kills me HAA !!!

Thanks for all your support.

Love Leenie
Old 02-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #13  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Go Leenie, Go Leenie, Go Leenie, Go Leenie, Go Leenie, Go Leenie, !!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2004, 09:32 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hehehe Thanks Paula
Old 02-15-2004, 10:23 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning Everyone,
Well the Valentines party was great and OOOOOH lots of good food. NONE of which I touched. I packed my salad in the cooler that my husband placed somewhere.. that I never did find.. ARG MEN! Ya try to ask em and they give you half answers. So I did the best I could and ate 3 hotdogs and some of SF Jello Fluff. Oh and I tasted a hot and spicy pork rind.. but it was a very very small piece. It was quite difficult everyone telling me try this.. want some of this.. oh you got to have this!! My answer was "I'm sorry I'm just not very hungry" when the truth was I was starving!! So other then the food aspect (which I knew was going to be difficult) I had a great time.

Sped - Happy to hear your back on track now, and I really find you an inspiration. It's easy to fall off but you bounced right back and that's the difficult part.

Lekker - Such a cool story about your ring, I can tell you wear it with pride.

Theo and Brenda - I also have multiple piercings in my ears, I just have an issue with buying earrings so I never wear them. What a waste huh? I love the look when I do manage to scrap together enough silver to fill them in. I wanted to get a small diamond stud in my nose but it was voted against by my family. So I wrapped that issue up to "mid life crisis" and left it alone.

Leenie - YOU GO! We're all rootin for ya!

Now its time for me to raid the kitchen and find something to eat.. my tummy is growlin' and I need to get to the store at some point today.
Closed Thread