Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 12:29 PM   #16  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

I am so sore! After almost 2 months of no weights... UGH! So I decided I am going t start slow. Took today off and will be back in the gym tmo!

Thanks for all the welcome backs! I really did miss you all! I didnt know Jamie fullfig and Supersized were missing!

LOL! I didnt notice the date!

JINA! WTG on the loss! It had to be mostly water! It had to be!

WTG Shimma on avoiding all that food!

Theo'sgirl - I understand what your mom was going through! My puppy was throwing up 2 days after we got her... I was so upset I was crying too! But the Vet said it was just stress. SHe went to the pound on Thursday after a 3 hour drive over the mountains, then got spayed and shots on friday then sat ans sunday she had been at petsmart adoptions and we adpted her that sunday.. then monday the kids were off school and home with her all day! Poor baby..

Jane - I do the same thing.. although I tend to go for saltly stuff on plan.. but over eat them!

Tummy - I remember the last time you had the emergancy pager! It was august wasnt it? Im glad you are getting it earlier this year! I would want it over too!

Spedmom - Isnt it wonderful when people start noticing? I got "Karen you are wasting away" today when I dropped my kids off at school. She wants to do atkins too. I think I have become the poster girl for atkins around school!

I hope I didnt miss anyone!

Off to do some work... but I will check in later!!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:45 PM   #17  
Head Princess

Hey Chickies!

Not much time as usual. I did manage to get my tire fixed, my dr appt. taken care of and to school all on time! Even managed to race home and make a little pizza to eat.

Today, I met with my "manager" (not my real one since I'm a contractor) and we talked about what the current hiring situation is like at the company I'm working for. Not great, but not bad. I still have 6 months until my contract is up. I'm really thinking I just want a stable job with good pay and great insurance so dh and I can buy a house and start thinking about starting a family. OMG - am I growing up????

Was very good last night and refrained from drinking a Thin Ice. I really need to stay away from the alcohol for a good while. It's just so hard when dh works at a bar. I'm really trying to get him to quit. Partly because I don't get to spend as much time with him as I'd like and partly because I'm sick of the place.

Froufy - I'm loving our story! Thank you!!!

Karen - I'm still dancing with happiness that you're back!

For all that had recent "slips" - glad you hopped right back on!

For all the rest of you

TTYL
Old 02-03-2004, 02:06 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Wow has this turned into a nice day!! The sun is out and the snow is MELTING. HOORAY!!! I know, doesn't mean it'll last. I've got the order form for cookies done EXCEPT for the lady that called last night and said "oh buy the way I need these cookies ordered". Now I've got to try and figure out how to change my totals! HMPH! So much for being done w/paperwork on time for a change. Other than that I've got to sit down and figure out what to do for the next GS meeting. It shouldn't be THAT hard I wouldn't think Just takes me time to get in the mood to look at it. Kind of why the patches, badges and try-its never made it on the girls' vests. Wish I could do magic Well, other than that my day's going OP. The only "off" plan eating I've done is the sf jello w/whipped stuff. SUPER yummy and I think I'm now addicted to it. Could be worse right? As long as I'm still losing shouldn't hurt right? We'll see this weekend how that one works.

Hope you all are having a great day
Old 02-03-2004, 03:03 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone!
Last night I had to make chocolate chip cookies for my daughters class treat. OMG.. me the master muncher of dough picking managed to keep her sticky fingers out of it.. I didn't even have a nibble. The cookies came out of the oven and my entire apartment was smelling yummy! The kids had a couple.. DH had a couple and I stood my ground and didnt give in. However, all I could dream about last night were those darn cookies.. I was sitting at a table with plates and plates filled of them and I was just munchin away. I woke up feeling guilty and I hadn't even really had one. Hope I don't gain weight from it
Now that work is over my real job begins so hopefully I'll be on later to post more.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:29 PM   #20  
Head Princess

TRAZZIE - I AM SO FRICKIN' PROUD OF YOU!!!

You're an inspiration! The strength and dedication that took - wow! Way to go! :clap:

Wow - now I feel bad because I was hopping on to vent

After all the hassel yesterday to get my flat tire fixed, I go out to go to lunch today and it's flat again!!!! Argh! I spent my whole lunch break getting the damn spare back on. Happily, dh came to my rescue and helped out as well as bringing me some buffalo wings for lunch. I spend 20 minutes killing mysef trying to jack the car up because I was doing it the hard way.

Hey! I'm putting a mile on my equator trek! That was definitely work!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #21  
I'm a Jovi Girl

WOO HOO Trazzie! Good job! I just did the same thing last week with Chocolate cupcakes for my daughters 1/2 birthday party at school (she has a summer birthday so her teacher celebrates 1/2 birthdays)

Brenda - are you a brownie leader? I am a Daisy leader! We meet on the 2nd ant 4th tuesdays of the month! How fun to meet someone here that is a leader!

Star - I cant believe that you got another flat! Your DH is such a sweetie though to come to the rescue though!

I got some exercise in too today! I forgot about my daily walks with the puppy! Man I have to get her pictures up! Give me a few and I will see what I can do!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:38 PM   #22  
Baby Steps

Karen--I'm a Brownie leader and a Junior co-leader. The Brownies meet on every other Wednesday and the Juniors the following Thursdays. So I'm always doing one thing or another for it. lol It IS cool that there's another leader on board here
Old 02-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #23  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Here is my new baby

Old 02-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #24  
Baby Steps

what kind of puppy is that??
Old 02-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #25  
I'm a Jovi Girl

She is a 3 month old 25 pound black lab/German shepard mix! The vet says she will probably be about 80-90 pounds full grown! ACK!

I had to adjust those pictures! They were too big!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 PM   #26  
Baby Steps

My 3 yr old Lab is about 80 pounds. She wasn't supposed to get that big!!! We were told she wouldn't be any bigger than her mom. But she's as big if not bigger than her dad!!! (hm...is she 3 or 4 now? I'll have to look at the calendar. I think she's actually going to be 4)
Old 02-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #27  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Red face Tired Tuesday!

Here I am - exhausted and headachey - and I will DEFINITELY go to bed early tonight - have been burning the candle at both ends and I am definitely feeling it - must be age???

Decided to start next cycle of bc pills as I am tired of having my period for over a week now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this puts an end to this madness

Started snowing this pm and now we have tons of the white stuff - which means an extra 10-15 mins cleaning it off in the morning - and still having to leave early for my course - what a bummer.

Course was good - quite interesting to hear all the "speakers" talk about the different branches of Health Canada and al lthe stuff that we do - the best was of course the mention of the Canada Food Guide being the most requested publication and then someone pipes up "what about Atkins"....that's so popular now. The instructor had the nerve to say the Food Guide has been around for 50 years so it's gotta be good - I don't think people realize how long Atkins has been around - it's not just a passing fad!

The chair I was in almost crippled me - like an ejection seat - could barely adjust it - and will try and "switch" it tomorrow!

Fun part was bumping into another "ex-MBA" classmate - what a hoot as we stared at each other across the room - we had a mini-reunion at coffee break and lunchtime - she just joined the gov and is looking to move up so I gave her some "advice"...it was fun seeing her again (altho I do remember having her on some of my team projects and her being a bit ditsy!).

Shimma - good job on avoiding all those nasty foods - you will be stronger for it!

Jina - congrats on getting rid of most of those extra pounds! Well done....and did I miss a week of my life somewhere along the way? ha ha ha

Star - good for you for avoiding the devil liquor! I had plain sf tonic water tonight...without the gin! Nice having your "mechanic" bring your lunch to you!....what's his reward?

Glad you are all enjoying the "Carborina" fairy tale - I got the idea from the word association thread....remembered doing this on some other board and it was such a hoot!...and we are all very talented writers - even if you feel uninspired please feel free to add even a sentence or two (Lekker!).

Trazzie - what a great show of dedication and willpower - I know I could not have done it!.....You should be EXTREMELY PROUD of yourself!

Karen - looks like the kiddies are enjoying their new puppy! How's it going?

Well I got a couple of my magazines in the mail, so time to scrub my princess face and brush my pearly whites and snuggle in for some reading and coziness.

Tomorrow night I am GOING TO THE NYLONS CONCERT - I am so excited!!! Have been acclimatizing myself by listening to their cd's in the car and shower.........can't wait - we have FRONT ROW SEATS.....and I sing along!

nitey-nite!

Froufy
Old 02-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #28  
The Princess O' Pets

Karen the pup is sooooo cute, what a cutie punkin pie!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:06 PM   #29  
The Princess O' Pets

OMG I can fianlly settle down enough to tell you all about my lunch. Some people and I from work went to Baja Fresh for lunch, it was all good, I ordered basically a burrito innards in a bowl and had them throw some lettuce on it. Well we get back to work and I am eating and I taste something funny. IT IS RICE...all mixed in wth my food (even though of course I had asked for no rice) Well I had already inadvertatly eaten some , so I tried to pick through the rest because I had to eat soemthing. By the time I got home tonight my stomach was turning cartwheels and I have spent the whole evening in the bathroom (to say it in a nice way) plus I am sooo TOM I already had cramps!! (THANKS ALOT BAJA FRESH FOR ADDING TO IT!!)

I still am amazed at the body's reaction to the carbs, it is like I was allergic all along and my body just figured it out or something...so weird! I only wish if i was gonna be "carb sick" it was because I got to eat something good...not just some stupid rice!!
Closed Thread