Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 05:32 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Challenge question

I seen the Christmas challenge...and the New Years challenge...and the Valentines day and now St. Pat's day. Do you all know about how much you lose in a week? Is that how you're basing your predictions? Is there one thing over another that helps you lose more weight? I'd like to speed up the fat burning process but I don't know how or if there's a way. So any help/suggestions (Besides stay away from chocolate) would be appreciated!!

Enquiring "slim-in-the-making" minds want to know!!
Old 01-25-2004, 05:48 PM   #2  
Head Princess

I actually keep an excel spreadsheet that tracks my weight, BMI, percentage of my start weight that I've lost, gives me monthly totals, and forecasts my weight loss at a 2 pound per week average.

I vary a lot on my weight loss and used to average around 3-ish pounds per week. I've now slowed down to 2 per week on average. But it's just an average. I'll stall for 2 or 3 weeks and then lose 4 pounds in a week. I expect that as I get closer to my goal, I'll slow down even more.

My biggest weight loss tip is EXERCISE!!! Yes, we all avoid it, but it's the best thing for getting those pounds and inches flying away and getting firm. Thin still looks terrible if you're flabby
Old 01-25-2004, 06:04 PM   #3  

Ok, Star ~ How we are all going to be wanting a sample of that spreadsheet you know! I would really be interested in seeing that.

I know that I will predict that I will lose 2#s a week. Lady ~ I think that if you would like to join the challenges it would be a good motivator, and you could maybe predict 1-2 #s a week.

I agree with Star ~ exercise will do wonders for you, especially help with those winter time blues, and cabin fever, which I am getting right now!!!!

Star ~ also I would be interested in hearing how you have eaten during this time of weight loss, would you be interested in sharing with me....as in carb count etc.

Sorry, I seem to have hijacked the thread...many apologies

Caroline
Old 01-25-2004, 06:29 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzmomof4
Ok, Star ~ How we are all going to be wanting a sample of that spreadsheet you know! I would really be interested in seeing that.
I agree also---
I know that I will predict that I will lose 2#s a week. Lady ~ I think that if you would like to join the challenges it would be a good motivator, and you could maybe predict 1-2 #s a week.
Ok. I'll give it a shot

I agree with Star ~ exercise will do wonders for you, especially help with those winter time blues, and cabin fever, which I am getting right now!!!!
Slowly but surely I've been working on the treadmill or lifting a little weights. So hopefully that helps

Star ~ also I would be interested in hearing how you have eaten during this time of weight loss, would you be interested in sharing with me....as in carb count etc.uh huh...what she said

Sorry, I seem to have hijacked the thread...many apologiesderail away----I'm interested in all questions and answers
Old 01-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #5  
Head Princess

I'm happy to PM the spreadsheet to you if you like. And I'm pretty good about posting what I eat in the food log, so you can check it out any time you like. Hope that helps!
Closed Thread