Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 01:38 PM   #16  
thin within

just a quick check in. we just got back from our trip to cappedocia tonight. sorry to not respond personally to everyone. i'll try to get all caught up on y'all tomorrow. congrats karen!
Old 01-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Congrats Karen - We have a lab/german shepard mix too. We got him at the end of Nov and the boys just love him!!! I'm sure yours will get adjusted and be a hoot!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:39 PM   #18  
Princess in Training

Oh gawd, I wish I hadn't posted that about coffee after reading your food... I didn't mean to rain on your parade *kicks self*
Old 01-19-2004, 10:57 PM   #19  
Princess in Training

Oh and my update, I guess...
Day 7 of induction....and oh my gawd I thought I was going to die today. I'm not sure what the problem is (my digestive system has been fine thus far), but I had diaherria all damn day. I'd eat something and have to go running. If this continues, I'm outta here. I've been following Atkins 100% as far as I know--yes, eating 3 cups veggies, yes drinking lots of water. Today I was actually very hungry (possibly because nothing would stay in my stomach?? eww) and ended up eating 20 net carbs exactly. If I hadn't put in my food for fitday in the coffee shop computer, I would have had another cup of decaf and gone beyond the 20! My cals were also very high today (about 2000), but none of the things I ate today were new or abnormal.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:58 PM   #20  

Khem... I'm only on Day One and suffering big time! Digestive system is not liking this so far. Stomach rumbling, intestines growling. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water. I'm doing my best to stick with it. It's amazing that so many people have lost so much on this, with the agony you go through! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight. Good Luck, khem...

SpyGirl
Old 01-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #21  
Head Princess

Khem - actually, it's normal. You're forcing a big change on your body and it's going to react. If you research addictive substances (think cigarettes, alcohol, herion, etc.) you'll start to notice that regardless of the substance, addicted individuals all experience similar withdrawl symptoms: headaches, hot & cold flashes, fatigue, diaherria or constipation, upset stomach - you get the picture.

The fact of the matter is that you're going through carb withdrawls right now. It does go away and leaves you feeling better than ever before. I know that this isn't for everyone and that it sucks right now, but I think recognizing your ickiness right now for what it is makes it a lot easier.

Good luck!
Old 01-20-2004, 01:37 AM   #22  

Well I too like having my 1 large ""TimHortons "Coffee in the morning
but am trying to phase it out and start with the green tea.
It still doesnt compare yet but I'm trying.
I was babysitting my daughters dog last winter and found out she was sent out with pup or should I say with pups.She had 9 and I was so in LOVE with them for those 8 weeks.
Puppies are so Adorable!!!
Hope everyone is having a great day
Closed Thread