Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Yay, my program worked (after a bit of fiddling around)!! So now I will reward myself by heading home! And then working at home. At least it's warmer there. I tried the long-underwear thing today since it's so cold, but all it seemed to do was lock the cold in on my legs, so my legs have been freezing all day. Strange.

Jina...Really, that was your raise for the whole Dec15-Dec31 period? Man, it doesn't sound like much, eh? I personally don't know exactly what is expected for raises as all my jobs have been short term in length (i.e. no longer than 8 months - because of co-op), so I don't know what to say about that. If you've had a significant increase in your responsibilities with your promotion, you'd think the raise would show that. On the bright side, it is more than before (however little more)...however, maybe the ladies who have been working for a longer period can enlighten us on what to expect.

Talk to you all later, Julie.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #17  
Pure Energy

Wow so many posts so little time. I unfortunately don't have time to respond to everyone. Just to let you know that I am sending out power vibes to you right now!!!!!!

I have had a horrid two days. Last night at work I got into a bigggggggggg fight with a co-worker.(not physical fight) He's psycho. The details are too long and convoluted but it boils down to the fact that after 2 years of being friends, out of the blue he puts in to change crews because he can't work with me because he's afraid that I might use something he says to get him in trouble to further myself. I asked him where in the world that came from and he said it was just a feeling he had about my personality with no proof. I was devastated. I'm still really hurt but man the guy is a total nut job. It really hurts. Also, I don't want him going around telling the other guys I work with that the reason he left was because I might get him in trouble. I've spent four years building a reputation as "one of the guys" and working my *** off to be like them and fit in and taking their crap and now this guy is going to walk in and ruin it? I have had a million opportunities to do what he's suggested in the past but I'm not like that. I keep telling myself it's him and it's slowly helping but Ugh.

Then today I slept a minimum and was going to wake up, work out, pick up El-baby-o to go out and have lunch, get our picture taken together then have dinner with my girlfriends tonight and see a movie. Dh made me realize... I have to work mids tonight. I had to go back to bed so I can get some sleep. At least I'm still having dinner with the girls. Then I realized I misadded in Quicken and was off by $500 so when I went to Walmart for babyfood there was not enough money in that account. Luckily I had my other checkbook. Aaaarrgggh. Hooorrrribbble.

I keep trying to repeat positive phrases to boost my mood. I so don't want my birthday to pass by as if it were another day and it looks like it's going to. It was supposed to be really special and it looks like I'll sleep all day and then go to work, with a bunch of asses to boot.

I'm sorry if I sound so negative. I'm having such a really hard time right now. I'll take all the prayers I can get. At least the foods going fine. <sigh> That's something.

Congrats to all the losers!!!!
hugs to all
Maybe I'll get on again later.
Jamie
Old 01-15-2004, 07:59 PM   #18  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

You know I am very curious here. How many of us hit TOM at the same exact week? It seems like many of us - me included - are battling it this week. What's even funnier to me is that we all seem to cyclically go through these weeks every so often when we're all on edge about stuff or having bad days at the same time. Does anyone else find that odd? Funny - but still very odd to me.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:01 PM   #19  
Baby Steps

I've been w/my company for 7 yrs and only got a 5 cent raise. How's that for a kick in the ? Last year I had to wait a year and a half for my 15 cent raise. I only stay there because I work 4 hours a day, can take off whenever I want (when the girls are sick or they have a field trip). And lately I've been taking VERY much advantage over it
Old 01-15-2004, 08:02 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

oh..and there's like 3 or so (never actually counted) threads that chat today--how do you remember which ones you post in? lol
Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 PM   #21  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Wow....too many posts to reply to, but leave it to me to have to put my $.50 in.....

As far as the TOM....they so often say that women who live together end up onto the same cycle. Maybe they should look further into that -- like what happens to women who CHAT together? You all are so in sync that you're in sync! Personally, I went through premature menopause 3 years ago at age 39 -- could have knocked me over with a feather!!! Can't say I miss it however, but anyone with stock in the company that makes Midol probably noticed a sudden dip in stock value...

To everyone who's losing -- hip hip hooray!
To everyone who's staying steady -- keep the faith!
To everyone who's gaining -- every day provides a fresh start.
To everyone who's freezing in the snow -- warm fuzzy thoughts going out to you!
To everyone who's not -- Don't you feel sorry for those others?
To everyone else -- You rock, you're awesome, and I thank all of you for your spirit and your humor

later.....
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #22  
The Princess O' Pets

Well ladies< I survived Day 2 at my new job. And I stayed OT although with my new full-time schedule my excercise has fallen off until the weekend.

Answers to questions to me:

Star: I can't say I felt good after eating the PB & J and Sunny D last night, woke up feeling sick and clammy.

Jina: Oh no I got a whole new job, my first new job in 10 years, I work for Comcast Cable now, and it is a BIG change, but i am settling into it.

Great to read all the posts from you chicks!!! Chat later!!
Old 01-15-2004, 09:58 PM   #23  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Just A Minute To Drop By...

..before I getted bumped of kiddie's puter as our is FEELING UNWELL - would not even shut down last night - something weird going on in there!

Hi to all and congrats to the losers. For those experiencing sunshine I envy you - another friggin cold day here - like minus 40 with the windchill and yes my cheeks froze off from the walk to my car in the parking lot.

2nd to last day at my old job and starting to feel antsy - did LOTS OF PACKING today..and sorting and cleaning up - felt good to dump and organize stuff. My team mate Robert is taking over my files so tomorrow we will be sitting together a lot to go over everything - I will miss him so much! We get along so well - we are the TEAM EXTRAORDINAIRE and it's sad that we will now be apart ...will have to try and find hima job at my new place!

Was taken out for lunch today - nice italian place - had a fabulous chicken with sun dried tomatoes, mushroom wine sauce (hold the spaghetti, give me veggies - of course out came huge chunks of carrot - oh well)....did celebrate with a decaf cappuccino for "dessert" and shared in the basked of deep fried zucchini. I did have a cookie this afternoon during chauffeur duties - not good planning on my part, need to keep "legal" snacks handy.

Went to see my new office and it's TINY.....cozy little cubicle...with like a pole/wall jutting into the corner but I do get a WINDOW which is a very nice bonus. Got a brief walk around and met a few people...Monday is my official start day with a meet and greet and meeting with all my new team members (I think I am supposed to supervise some of them - what a joke!). I also checked out the kitchen facilities.

Glad to report: one water cooler, two large fridges, some cupboards, a toaster oven, kettle and coffee maker. Check out an extra plug as I hope to bring my coffee maker in for my DECAF!!!....love having that handy along with my cream in the fridge and other atkins friendly stuff.

I unpacked one box I brought with me and started making a list of stuff I still need - but my desk was pretty well set up - new chair.....a container of sharpened pencils, pens, scissors, highlighters, sticky notes, etc. I have a couple of courses already lined up (have to learn Lotus Notes at this department) and was left some material to read. They also had my new business cards printed and ready - isn't that cute? (left off the MBA tho - will use these up and then reprint!). I am kinda excited about the new job.

I am in a "real" office tower as opposed to a dedicated government building so downstairs there is a drug store(yay)...a branch of MY BANK!....a post office, travel agency, chinese food place (??questionable)..coffee place (only bagels and muffins),and a McDonalds...in the vicinity there are some other shopping places but too cold to venture out yet.

In the summertime, there is actually an outdoor market during the week about 2 blocks away - that will be so much fun to walk to and pick out fresh fruits, veggies and flowers for my desk!

Well gotta run - by the way looks like tummy on the mend - only occasional loud noise - hope to be back on track soon!

Hugs to all!

Froufy
Closed Thread