3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Thursday 1/8/4 (Elvis B-day!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/34735-thursday-1-8-4-elvis-b-day.html)

Jamlinrich 01-08-2004 02:12 AM

Thursday 1/8/4 (Elvis B-day!)

It's 1am and I think I'm turning into a pumpking but that has too many carbs for me so I'm opting out of a pumpking and opting into a spagetti squash which I think is better for you :dizzy:

Reinstalling windows 98 on an older computer and generally getting "stuff" done. Doing "okay" Using lots of "quotation" marks because I "can". :crazy:

Starting 3 to 11pm shift today. Had a nice enough weekend. Got to eat lunch out with a girlfriend yesterday which was nice. I was doing so well on plan and ordered an appetizer of the chicken wings but they ended up having a very light bread on them I think. I couldn't even tell if it was bread or what. I ate one in a what the heck because she pressured me into it. ( I know that's no excuse but when someone sits across from you and you ordered it halfsies with them and then say, "oh I can't eat those" then they feel bad and it's a weird social situation) and I ended up just taking them home for dh. Then I ate a steak and salad. Not too bad.

Hope you all have a good day. I'll check in with you later.
Jamesina

Spedmom 01-08-2004 07:13 AM

Morning All:

(Hope this isnt' a repeat, as my computer has been hiccupping lately!)

Well, not much to report. Now that I'm back to my regular working schedule (goodbye holidays!), I'm finding it so hard if not impossible to fit in exercise after I come home. I'm just totally wiped out after 9 hours on my feet. Can you count chasing an ED second grader around campus for 1/2 hour as Equator Challenge miles? :lol:

Hope everyone has a fab one and I"ll c heck in when I get home tonight to see the latest news on "Days of our Chicks."

Leenie 01-08-2004 10:06 AM

I LOVE ELVIS !! I gotta post a picture of me and him, I"ll look for it asap. Hunka hunka burnin luv~~

Its been a little hairy here at work, so I hope to be able to catch up when I get home at night.

Hope everyone is okay.

Love Yah's !!

Leenie 01-08-2004 10:22 AM

Here it is......... hope this works, had trouble posting it b/4.

Leens

What a sucky picture, I can't make it bigger, I will figure this out!

Theo'sgirl 01-08-2004 01:45 PM

I am finally IN!!!

It kept telling me that it couldn't find the website, I was getting scared maybe they shut down!!! :o

Anywho,
James, Sped, Leens:
Glad to see all of you ladies are feeling well!! (but tired!)

I am feeling pretty good, but sooooooo tired of being stuck in the house, The ice is worse than it was yesterday and to top it off a power line broke last night and the electricty was out all night long. We know what that means....no electricity....no furnace!!! OOOOOO BRRRRRRR!!!!

Hope you all have a great DAY!!:D

StorybookMama 01-08-2004 01:47 PM

Okay, here is my Elvis "brush with fame."

My MIL actually DATED Elvis a long, long, long, long time ago!! How 'bout them eggs??? ;)

Not much to report from my end of the world. Came back from vacation, worked one day, then had 2 days off due to inclement weather and the fact that my work had no power. I'm back today, then am off tomorrow - and then back into full swing next Monday.

Not staying on plan 100% so not doing great... but my period from **** finally, FINALLY ended last week... so I feel better than I have in a couple of months. We're actively searching for a place to live, so that part of my life is at least progressing. I feel a little more in control of most areas of my life now that the holidays are over.

My mom is still being a total b!t@$ to my dh, unfortunately. So, holidays with her were a lot less than could be desired.

I have to go to her bridal shower on Saturday. Threatened to embarass her, but don't want to waste the money we don't really have on stuff she'll never even think about using. Don't know what to get her, because I don't really want to get her anything nor do I really want to go.

DH is still being a great SAHD and dd is really attached to him. I feel a little left out, but she loves me too. She loves the snow and ice and the cold - and is an adrenaline junkie.

That's our update from cold Seattle.

jdoggmartin 01-08-2004 01:48 PM

I love Elivs, too!! Happy birthday, hunka burnin' love! Wow, Leens! You and Elvis! How cool is that?

And, Lisa, wow!! Your MIL dated Elvis?? What a lucky lady!

Has anyone been to Graceland? We went there for our honeymoon. It was great! We even stayed in the Heartbreak Hotel and ate lots of fried pickles and peanut butter and banana sandwiches. It was so cool to finally see Elvis' house after reading about what went on there. (For those brainy book chicks, any Elvis biography is a great book! :D)

Jamie: Glad you got to enjoy a lunch with a girlfriend. I wouldn't worry too much about the chicken wing.

Spedmom: I'm sure it is tough to get exercise in. Any little bit helps.

I've gotten up to doing "Pilates for Dummies" every other day now. It's still pretty tough, but I'm getting better. I can tell it's going to do great things for my body! Can't wait for that to happen!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Jina

StarPrincess 01-08-2004 01:54 PM

Hey everyone!

TG - I couldn't get in earlier, either! I started into withdrawls all over again - WHEW! thank heavens that's over!

I'm still trapped in the house, too, but we've kept our electricity. I've decided that I kindof like working from home. I can work in my p.j's, I don't have to think about hair or make-up until noon, and I'm getting tons more done! Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

It appears that I'm down another pound today, but I'm gonna wait and tally it up at the end of the week. It's so nice to see things moving again. AND that first pair of size 7's that I bought a few months ago (total fluke, I swear) are getting big on me - especially in the waist. Yippee!!!! :cb:

Have a great day!

Theo'sgirl 01-08-2004 01:55 PM

WOW!!!! Whooooaaaaa babe!!
Hey Star!!
I just saw your new avatar!!!

ALriiight!!!! you look like a movie star!!!

Sexy thang! :o

Heeee heeee heeee you look great girl!

StarPrincess 01-08-2004 01:58 PM

OMG - thanks! I was wearing my tiara around - as usual and DH got me cracking up and took the picture. I'll tell him he did a good job making me look good ;)

jdoggmartin 01-08-2004 02:02 PM

Fabulous picture, Star!! You're one beautiful princess! You look great!! I love your hair. :love:

I was locked out of the site earlier, too. Thank goodness it's back. Now, I don't have to come back and check every three minutes! I miss you all!

jdoggmartin 01-08-2004 02:04 PM

TG: You snuck in, and I didn't realize it. Be careful with all that ice! No electricity? That stinks! I'm sure it was very cold! Take care!

StarPrincess 01-08-2004 02:23 PM

Thank you, Jina! I'm blushing now :lol:

Hey - has anyone heard from Karen? It's been DAYS!!!! I'm getting worried!

Theo'sgirl 01-08-2004 02:57 PM

I haven't heard her....either, I hope everything is OK with her DD.

Maybe just having some mommy and baby recovery time. Mommy probably will take just as much time to recover as DD!!! I know I would!

Karen if you are out there Hope everything is OK and we are all thinking about you guys!!! :)

Jina & Star: I just made DH blaze a trail through the ice in the backyard cause our dog Pheobe got stuck in the middle of the ice rink, she is a Borzoi and they have incredibly long legs...well she got all splayed out on the ice and I had to go slipping and sliding out there to get her!!! She weighs 95 pounds...so you can imagine what a sight we were!!! Once she fell down I knew there was no way she was getting up again! Borzoi are big dogs but big and whimpy scardeycats. :dizzy:

Kim in NJ 01-08-2004 05:41 PM

Hi all - just checking into the site quickly here.
I've been worried about Karen too so I just emailed her to let her know she and dd are in our thoughts and prayers.

Well I am still up my 3 lbs - but doing very well eating wise. Now if I could just get my discipline back on the exercise we'd be in business!

Need to finish up some big projects here at work so I will chat more tomorrow - have a good night everyone!

angel-eyes 01-08-2004 05:44 PM

well finally!!!.....

Gosh...WHAT WAS GOING ON HERE??? I was also locked out and the 3fc site was coming up e-phase/no such page. Beats the heck out of me!!! I tried for a couple of days and then tried again today and voila....here I am. Not sure what I missed except that....STARPRINCESS....YOU LOOK MAHHHVELOUS!!!! what a great avitar. dh did do a great job (I'm going to have to get me one of those tiara's!!!) Is that your natural haircolour? (personal question I know....hehe) Because, I swear....you and me could be sisters!!! Any relations up in Gods country Northern Ontario Canada?? lol

I've been snacking abit today on stuff I know I shouldn't so not sure what tommorow's weigh in will bring. If nothing lost, then I know I have to buckle down some more and focus on strict Atkins. Yesterday I bought some of the Hood brand low carb milk called Carb Countdown. 8oz = 3 carbs. It is pretty good. Has a little aftertaste, but since I LOVE COLD MILK.....this is a good compromise. LOVE MILK!!! Anyway, I got a carton with a Feb 10 expiry date so a glass every few days isn't going to kill me. Good to have the boys back in school and all the decorations away....life is getting back to normal (well near normal). Hope everyone is good.

HAPPY ELVIS' BDAY TO ALL!!!! oh...have to tell you this funny story. My son was about 5 at the time and at Kindergarten. We lived beside a real Elvis fan at the time and he would talk in "elvis'sms" all the time. I mean all the time....he would impersonate his voice....quote songs......pictures all over his house....a clock that had Elvis's hips swing back and forth..etc. Anyway at school one day the teacher asked him if he wanted something and when he said thankyou....he said in a much lowered voice....thank you thankyou very much EL. V. !!! well it cracked me up sooo much I was laughing so hard. I guess you had to be there LOL

Theo'sgirl 01-08-2004 05:59 PM

AE:
I used to have a little quaker parrot that when you handed him something he would do the Elvis " Thank you Thankyou very much!!" It was so funny!

Kim in NJ 01-08-2004 06:08 PM

It's too late at night already....
I was just thinking

I didn't know the Quakers had parrots!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

StarPrincess 01-08-2004 06:14 PM

:lol: you guys are too funny!

Angel-eyes - I have no idea what my natural hair color is. I'm what they call "Chemically dependent" ;) I know it's some sort of blonde - or at least it was in high school. I tend to make it darker in the winter and then really blonde it up in the summer.

I used to go red or auburn on occasion but it was so difficult to get back to blonde that dh made me swear that from now on if I want to be a redhead, to let him know and he'll buy me a wig! :lol:

KarenW 01-08-2004 06:41 PM

HEY!

I finally was able to get in!! :) I miss the upgraded forum!! :(

anyway... I am exhausted..3 nights of no sleep. Cassie is better today.. but for a child who is always in motion, it is hard to take her clinging to me, crying that her throat hurts and that she doesnt want anything but mommy! Thank God For Tylenol with Codine! LOL! At least she gets a nap in once in a while. Of course I have to lay with her.

I dont have much else to say... eating ok.. nothing Non-Atkins.. but I am not wtching my intake at all so chances are I am eating either too low in calories or too high in carbs... coffee is what is getting me through the day right now.. I eat only when I have a free hand!

Give me a few more days and I will check in again.. I am waiting now for the scabs to come off... according to the doctor that is worse than the surgery was.. UGH!!!!

Anyway.. thats that for now!!

Spedmom 01-08-2004 08:13 PM

Gotta be quick.....but:

Star: Never saw a head shot of you before, but.....DAMN GIRL! You just go out there and strut your stuff because you are absolutely beautiful! I am definitely not letting my hubby look over my shoulder when I'm reading your posts. i see you're in the 140's. Yahoooooooooo!!!!!! You are not formally my inspiration. :yes:

Karen: So very glad and relieved to hear that dh is doing well. It's a tough time, the first few days but it does get better and you'll be so very glad not to be running to the ENT every few months.

To everyone else....I'll catch up later, but here's hoping everyone is ducky and loving life!

Leenie 01-08-2004 08:13 PM

You guys do realize that I am to young to be kissing Elvis ?? thats actually an Elvis impersonator ROFLMFAO !! :love:

Star is that really you ??? Your such a pretty lady :D

Off surfing, bbt

Hugs, Leenie

Froufy 01-08-2004 08:56 PM

LOST AND FOUND.....AGAIN

Also had trouble finding you guys, but looks like we are back together again at last!

Karen - glad to see you are okay and surviving - poor thing will definitely want her Mommy around - poor Mommy - try and get some rest when you can.

Star - GORGEOUS....that tiara really suits you....perhaps a visit to the Queen is in order?

Icequeens - hope you are okay despite lack of heat and power! We are FREEZING HERE at around -34 celsius...which is about...let me figger this out....-34 degrees fahrenheit - can we say frostbite? I heard on the radio this am that exposed skin will start to freeze in about 8-10 mins in this weather! OUCH!

Oh Leens- we all that that was the REAL THING - what a hoot!

Jamie - your lunch out sounded great - you did good girl!

I am exhausted and barely slept again last night - I think that coffee I have in the tin in the pantry may not be (GASP) decaf....this would explain my restlessness for most of the night.

Now for my confession I ATE A WHOLE CHOCOLATE BAR - yes a real live milk chocolate bar (Aero to be exact)...can you believe it? I have not had a chocolate bar in over six months! But the cravings were killing me.....I have never actually gotten my period...just PMS symptoms...in fact I'm supposed to start next cycle of bc pills tomorrow??? What's up with that? I'd much rather get my period and get back in control...this sucks big time!

I will be stuck at this weight forever - hovering....hovering.....I am finding it hard to stay on plan especially when I get home in the evenings....how depressing!

Work is busy as I try and wrap things up...next week is my last week at Agriculture as I move to Health Canada on the 19th. Gang is taking me out for lunch next Thursday - I get to choose....and will make sure there are low carb choices!

Tomorrow night we are GOING OUT - very excited, with my best girlfriend and her hubby - first dinner then to the Rainbow Bistro to see our (new) favorite band, the Crowd...they have not heard them yet but we know they will love them too (blues, motown, some jazzy stuff too!). We are heading downtown to what is called The Market...which is about six block x six block area made up of very chic boutiques, trendy restuarants, bars, clubs,, etc. Very touristy in summertime, but lots of fun (if you can find parking that is). On weekends in summer there is actually a fresh air market with wonderful fresh fruits and veggies brought in my local farmers.

Will have to try and park close to restaurant and club tho as it is supposed to be as cold tomorrow night - at least my van started this morning, but took the whole drive in to work to actually warm up!

My eyes are tired and I need my beauty sleep!

Glad we are all okay!

Froufy :)

StarPrincess 01-08-2004 08:58 PM

You gals are too sweet! But thank you - I really appreciate it :)

Karen - Glad dd is doing well! Yeah, the scabs are yucky. But it will all be worth it!

I think I'm sick! This morning my throat was bothering me a little. Not hurting, just not right. Now it's almost 6 at night and my head and neck hurt and I'm just dragging! I'm loading up on zinc and eccinechea (sp?) and drinking lots of water and hot tea so here's hoping I'll kick it's butt before it kicks mine!

I just hate when these things sneak up on me. I'll feel fantastic and the WHAM!!! I'm sick. Grrrrrrrrr.........

Lekker 01-08-2004 11:12 PM

Well, I'm super late today! When I work at the company and not at school, I can't sneak in as easily! :)

Star - you are lovely!! I've never had my hair dyed, only highlights once in my life, but a pal of mine has been through every colour of the rainbow, and I mean every colour!

Karen - glad you popped in to let us know that you and your dd were okay!

Froufy, my toes are so cold right now. Hey, I think I've actually been to AgCanada. I was in Ottawa once and it just so happened that I was doing a project on an agricultural topic at the time so I decided to walk right in and see what I could find! :) (I do my project work at CSA, so I guess we're federal buddies!)

I got kissed by Elvis once, well an impersonator. It was on a cruise ship, I was in high school and I was sitting on the edge of a row near the front by the stage (something that I *don't* do anymore during interactive shows - I don't want to be picked!) and Elvis saunters down with his scarf, and me, being all shy tries to avoid eye contact to avoid being the center of attention, but he comes over, puts his scarf around my neck and kisses me on the cheek! I totally forgot about this until reading all your Elvis posts today.

Hope everyone has a fantabulous, warm night!