Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 02:25 PM   #1  

Default Diet question

Please help me, I am doing the adkins diet without buying any of the books, I do however crave fruit, can I have fruit on occasion? Also how many carbs am I allowed in a day, I try and stay with meat and cheese and salads and veggies, am I limited however on the calorie intake of these? Any help you can be would be appreciated.
One more thing, does this diet really work? Thanks.............
Old 02-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Yes it works. No, it's not a diet. This is a lifestyle change.

Also, you can not and should not even try to "do Atkins" without reading the book. It's only $7.00 and is completely vital to your success.

Changing your life takes research and effort, but it's worth it!
Old 02-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 6"

Atkins Books are available at Walmart for about 6 bucks. I think before jumping into this you should buy the book and read up, research this a tad. Find out exactly what is happening in and to your body. It will be money wisely spent. You can also go to www.atkins.com and read up on it there.

does this diet really work?
First off this is NOT a diet, this is a life style change and if you don't view it as that you are in for complications. Yes, Atkins does work.. in more ways then just weight
Old 02-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

This Way Of Eating has changed a lot of people's lives. I'm hoping that eventually I can be one of those that can claim Atkins has gotten me to the shape I WANT to be where none of the other DIETS have helped.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:48 PM   #5  

Talking

Yes, I definitely INSIST that you go buy the book. I have had it for many months now and I have read it at least 8 times. You never totally get the jist of the entire thing without reading it a few times. I also read it whenever something happens to me, like stalls in weight loss, for when I need motivation, for the carb gram counter, and for the recipes. Not only does the book tell you how to do Atkins, but it tells you WHY it works and HOW your body will change for the rest of your life. Atkins is not a temporary, quick-fix, diet. You have to stick with it and make it a part of the way you live permanently.

I recommend going to this site:
http://www.dazzled.com/lowcarb/

It's one woman's story on how she lost weight and it has really great information. If you click on "Low Carb" it tells you the basics of the different steps in Atkins. For me, it's great motivation and a good place to find other links for the low-carb lifestyle.

Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I refer to the book ALOT! In fact my DH keeps asking me why I've got the book in my hand.
Closed Thread