3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   How's this for motivation...... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/34095-hows-motivation.html)

barbmarie 11-05-2003 04:34 AM

How's this for motivation......

My husband told me his ex-wife stopped by his work this week. Apparently she recently lost alot of weight so she had to show it off. While he was talking with his son, she kept getting in and out of the car to make sure he noticed her.

And how is your day going???

BerkshireGrl 11-05-2003 09:07 AM

Barbmarie,

Ugh... I hope you are feeling better this morning!

All I can say is to remind yourself she's his ex and you are his wife, and yeah, weight loss is great and all, but it's love of the person that counts. :)

Sarah

Leenie 11-05-2003 09:32 AM

Barbmarie, she sounds like an ***! and just look at it this way, he came home to you, not her NEEENER NEEEENER NEEENER!!!! So phooie on her.

bella1 11-05-2003 09:40 AM

No matter how good someone looks there's someone who hates them!! I'm sure he didn't divorce her just because she didn't look good. Even the most beautiful people in the world have realtionship troubles. It's how you get along that really matters.

Sonnet 11-05-2003 09:46 AM

Hi Barbmarie, Sorry you have to deal with this person. I have a person in my life like this, a fairly new relative, and I try and keep her in my mind like a minor annoyance...kind of like a fly. She hinders my diet if I don't; this delights her too, so yes, you're so right...it sure is motivation! Barbie

Froufy 11-05-2003 10:46 AM

But think how much BETTER THAN HER you'll look once you hit your goal! You can prance around the car showing legs, when you are in the vicinity....maybe grab dh and give him a big wet kiss while she looks on?

We are so mature! :):)

Froufy

jdoggmartin 11-05-2003 11:12 AM

UGH! Why must people be like this? She sounds like a real treat to deal with. I would say just ignore her, but I know that's impossible -- I sure couldn't! Like the others said, just realize that she is your husband's ex- for a reason. And, you're his wife for a reason. Keep your head up, and keep losing that weight! (for you, not her)

Take care,
Jina

StarPrincess 11-05-2003 11:35 AM

Great motivation! Just think how easy it will be to kick her *** in a few months when you're in fabulous shape!! :devil:

Leenie 11-05-2003 11:38 AM

YEAH!!!!!!!!! You go girls....

And just cause she's skinny doesn't mean she can hold a candle to your beauty. Bet she's butt ugly !

barbmarie 11-07-2003 04:18 AM

Thanks guys. You know, its so great to have a place where there is so much positive feedback for everything we go through! What did we do before the internet??? More than just information, this site is such a great support for me. Thanks again all!!!
Barb