Exercise Log November 3-9

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Just getting us started again!

My plan today is to go to the gym and do 35 mins on the Eliptical and 35-40 minutes of weights! I'll report in later to let you know how i did!
  • Well just me checking in...figured if I hung around the exercise thread maybe some of that motivation might rub off?

I (and dh) have decided that upon rising in the morning we would do some floor exercises before getting into the shower - I am starting with situps (20-25?) and pushups (5 if I'm lucky)...and we build from there on a weekly basis.

Anyone else doing this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Froufie

P.S. Also hope to do some aerobic exercise thru the week - either videotape or treadmill!
  • I'm feeling like crap today, but I'm going to try to get 20 minutes of pilates and 10 minutes of meditation in after work and before I die today.

My master plan is to do 20 minutes of pilates 3 times a week and then do the hour long butt kicking pilates workout once a week until I build up more strength. The rest of my exercise with be things like power walking the mall or cleaning the **** out of my house
  • I've changed my mind about today. I feel amazingly bad and getting worse so I'm going home at lunch and staying there. No exercise today
  • Just got back from the gym!

35 minutes on teh Eliptical and 40 minutes doing abs and upper body weights!

My goals for the rest of the week:

Tuesday - Home on the treadmill

Wedneday - 35 minutes on the eliptical and 40 minutes of Abs and Lower body

Thursday - 45 minutes on the Treadmill and 40 minutes abs and upperbody

Friday - 35 minutes on teh Eliptical and 40 minutes of abs and lowerbody

Saturday 45 minutes at home on the treadmill.

Sunday - Day off

Thats the goal... now lets see how well I do!

My arms are SOOOOOO sore today for some reason!
  • Wow, Karen! That's impressive! I feel like such a wimp!
  • Karen: Way to go! Your exercising is so impressive! I wish I could even do half of what you do! Keep it up!

StarPrincess: Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

My exercise for the day:

20 minutes of fast-walking (I was trying to out-walk the rain, and I didn't quite make it... )
  • I think Karen is just setting the bar too high for me!!!!

I don't even want to do anything "enjoyable" for 30 minutes

Who's with me here....starting tonight....
    Let's all walk around our living rooms 3 times and then touch our toes 5 times??????

That's my goal for tonight 11/3/03.

NOTE: For those with living rooms larger than 400 sq ft - you only need to walk around it 2 times.
  • Dont use me as a bar.. not at all! I have been exercising off and on for years, and I know what I can do..and what I cant! LOL I like the walking around the living room idea!

Hugs!
  • karen, you are the exercise queen. I aspire to be like you. I finally have started an attempt at exercise. I completed the bodyflex plus workout this morning before work and again after work. It's 15 minutes per workout. So that's a whole 30 minute increase over almost everyday since I've been on Atkins.

StarPrincess, I hope you feel better soon.
  • OK I did it!
    25 minutes of low impact aerobics (My favorite Jane Fonda tape from my thin days way back in '92)

I couldn't get through the whole thing - but it's weird how 11 years later I didn't even look at the TV....the beat and the songs make you remember every step.
  • Forgot to post this yesterday...

Tuesday: 20 minutes of brisk walking
  • I just bought a pilates dvd so going to try that today...was planning on hitting the gym but just woke up at noon!! I really hate working second shift. I get up early for class three days a week..how can i get motivated to get up early to go work out? any suggestions?
  • Hey Nicki - what pilates dvd did you get? I'm a pilates girl myself, but have found that alot of the videos don't do a good job of explaining what you should be doing internally.

Sorry, no advice for getting up early. I'm at work by 7 in the morning and work out when I get home around 4. It just works better for me that way.
  • OK.. Didnt make it on the tgreadmill yesterday... But I was working hard at my job (well my home job)

But today I hit the gym for 35 on the eliptical and 40 doing lowerbody weights and abs! WOO HOO!