Old 11-05-2003, 02:17 AM   #31  
on my way down again

Brandi, These are all great stories, and I love yours too. I have always wanted to give a star as a gift...and get one for myself, of course. LOL Barbie
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:30 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Mine is so boring. I always use the same name on all sites, so I don't forget who I am. barbmarie = Barbara Marie. Betcha couldn't guess
barbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:16 AM   #33  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Mine is boring too! My name and Last initial! LOL!

I love your star story Brandi! My Aunt gave me a star when I was about 11 or 12. I thought that was the neatest thing!! I need to find all that stuff... and have it framed.

I have other user names else where though,, WA MIATA MOM... FOr my Miata Club forums, CROCHET LEGACY, The name of my business... That is a whole story in itself... in a nutshell, I named my business crochet legacy because My grnadmother taught me to crochet and she told me to do something with it. (I dont think she meant to have a business.. but that is what I did) Crochet is the legacy she left me... some day I will post the whole story.. cant right now as I am hoping it will run in a Crochet Newsletter soon!

Oh WABonJoviMom, for the Bon Jovi Forums!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #34  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Okay so where does one get a "star"?.....thinking this might be a good gift for some people on my list.....any ideas?

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 11:24 AM   #35  
Head Princess

Default Stars

So there's actually an International Star Registry. You can find them online. I've never gone to the website because I don't want to know what he paid.

I do have to tell you he gave me the funniest gift for my birthday this year. When I'm asked what I want as a gift, I try to come up with something completely impossible, because I like the surprise and the thought that comes from the giver. So this year, when he asked what i wanted for my birthday, I gave my most princess-like sigh, and said "diamonds" and walked away.

So on my birthday, this man gives me a 1650 karat genuine synthetic lavendar "diamond". I laughed my *** off! The thing was bigger than my fist and was so unique and perfect that I promised to keep him around for at least another year just to see what he does next.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 PM   #36  
reaching my goals

Jamlinrich, your name story is too funny! If you haven't figured out the avatars and text at bottom of message send me a PM. I'll be glad to help.

StarPrincess, you're guy sounds like a sweetie with a great sense of humor.
supersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #37  

I can vouch that Brandi's husband is one of the greatest men on the face of the earth. Can you imagine having a best friend who is insanely gorgeous AND married to a real catch!! Nerve wracking I tell ya!

My name is kinda silly. One day while shoe shopping for my 4 year old son, he saw some little white tennis shoes with the superman emblem on the side. He begged me to buy them for myself. He told me that I needed those "supermom" shoes. I ended up buying them, and whenever I am feeling down, I slip them on and feel instantly better! The other day, I found underwear with the superman logo on them, and of course, I had to buy them. Now I secretly feel empowered every time I wear them! Hehehe...Anyway...So that's where the super girl part comes from, and the rulesdaworld...well I had to come up with something that would top my darling little Star Princess....hehehe as we are in constant competition....
SuperGrlRulesDaWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #38  
Head Princess

Since we have so many new people with interesting new names, I though I'd bump this back to the top
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #39  

Height: 5' 6"

This is a very cool thread Star and I just love how you got your name. If DH did something like that for me I'd fall over in a dead faint

Mine is quite simple and boring.. I'm Traci .. hence Trazzie
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

ok, surpriseeeeeeeeee! my name is Cathy. When we had to re-register at 3fc many years ago, someone had already taken my name, so I had to think of something to add to it. At the time we were chatting in the chatroom at lot. Ruth had xxx behind her name and that sounded good to me, but I never stopped to think (bec I was in a hurry to get into the chatroom lol) that people would think that it either meant that I wore a triple x size clothing or that I was rated triple x! very thankfully I am neither of those things!!!!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:14 PM   #41  
Mom, Queen of Everything

These revelations are just too much fun! I'm SPEDMOM because I'm a special education teacher and a mom. These are the two things that help define my life and make me the wacky and somewhat neurotic person I am!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:29 PM   #42  
Baby Steps

I started chatting like 4 years ago--couldn't think of a good nickname so I just reversed my name (Brenda/adnerb). After a while I just started tacking "lady" onto it so that idgets online would quit hitting on me and treat me like one. Did I mention I'm a tad dyslexic? lol
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Well mine has something to do with my significant other as well. Quite simply he is obsessed with my tummy, belly button, whole abdominal region. Ever since we started dating he just thinks it's the sexiest thing in the world. So it came from my desire to love the darn thing as much as he did regardless of how big or small it was. And I had a brief affair with belly dancing too. And well the girl part, just a very girly girl so it's fairly self explanatory. Ty star for bringing this back up to the top for us.

Tummy
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 11:18 PM   #44  
one step at a time..

Lixue is a chinese name, and it means "beautiful snow". I just thought it was really pretty and have been using it for awhile now here and other places too. and a tiger as my avatar because tigers are my favorite animals.
lixue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:44 AM   #45  

Well my name comes from of course being on Atkins and since the website is 3fatchicks.com, I decided I was just another fat chick too. So, hence, AtkinsChick.
AtkinsChick is offline   Reply With Quote