New To Atkins Please Help Me:)

• Im literally starting the diet today. I have read about it for about a month but i didnt have enough information to start it. But i think im going to do okay. How much weight is typical to lose in the first 2 weeks?
  • Welcome XorangefoshesX -

I'm not convinced that there is a "typical" weight loss range for the first 2 weeks. I lost 15 pounds, but I also know people who have lost 10 or even 2.

Congrats on your decision, though. I think this is a great lifestyle change and this forum is so very helpful. I hope you stick around and share your experiences with us.

• I lost 9 in the first week and 1 in the second week. My sister lost 9 first week and 9 second week. I agree there is no "typical" loss.

Welcome though and join everyone on the daily chat. It's a great plan as long as you are determined! I too read about it for a month before jumping in mind, body and soul.

Good Luck!
  • Hi and welcome,

Weight loss varies, and it does depend on your starting weight and how much you want to lose.

Generally you can expect to lose approx 10% of the amount you want to lose in the first two weeks...then at least 5% per month. For example if you weigh 200 lbs and need to lose 100 lbs you can expect to lose about 10 lbs during the first two weeks, and about 5 lbs per month. Of course as you can see from the personal examples this varies greatly depending on amount of calories/carbs eaten and exercise expended.

Good luck!

Froufy
  • I honestly can't remember
  • I only lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks.