Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 05:07 PM   #16  
Head Princess

I chucked 6 chicken nuggets out the window as pennance. Does that count?
Old 10-30-2003, 05:20 PM   #17  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Okay - I am NEVER going to live that down....
Old 10-30-2003, 05:26 PM   #18  
Head Princess

Talking

LOL - I hope not. It's one of those things that's guaranteed to make me laugh and stick to my plan. I love it!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:41 PM   #19  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking froufie's friday's feasting...

Well after yesterday's frenzy for food, today I seem to be much more calmer and in control - wonder what set me off yesterday? Not that hungry today - lunchtime and I am forcing myself to eat as I have a 1 pm meeting and leaving work early today.

Breakfast:
2 oz cheddar curd cheese (.6)
decaf w/cream (2.4)
=3

Lunch:
100 grams jagwurst (1)
tray of cut up veggies! - celery, cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli (5)
ranch dip (2)
=8

Snack:
5 large juicy california strawberries! (3)
1 oz macadamia nuts (4)
=7

Dinner:
2-3 chicken drumsticks (0)
cauliflower w/cheese (4)
=4

Total: 22...still room for a later snack or coffee?..but no HALLOWE'EN GOODIES FOR ME!

Froufy
Old 10-31-2003, 01:00 PM   #20  
Head Princess

Thumbs down

Froufy, your hunger must have moved to me today - I'm hungry!

Breakfast:
The standard string cheese & decaf w/splenda - 4

Lunch:
BBQ bacon double cheeseburger - 1
More bacon - 0

Snack:
Celery - 1
Smoked Almonds - 1

Dinner:
didn't want to eat, so settled for some raw cauliflower - 2

total for the day - 9

Last edited by StarPrincess; 11-03-2003 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:15 PM   #21  

Hi! Care if another joins in??
Today is my 2nd day trying this Atkins plan.....I've never done anything low carb, always counted calories so it is a total change of how I think about what I can eat.
I have had several episodes of craving carbs, but so far so good I think. This thread will be a big help to me because I'm not yet sure how to figure them, etc.
So here's today so far:

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs w/1 tablespoon I can't believe it's not butter
Lunch - Blackened Chicken Salad from Appleby's without the garlic bread (I actually gave it to my skinny mother and told her to either eat it or destroy it!)
Snack - 1 string cheese
2 pieces baked ham lunch meat

Also have had 2 diet pepsi's. Anybody have an opinion of how I'm doing so far? I could use the evaluation. I LOVE diet-pepsi and I sure hope I don't have to give it up.
Well, thanks all!
Michelle
cw:231
Old 10-31-2003, 05:49 PM   #22  
Head Princess

My only suggestions on what you posted today is to use butter instead of spreads/margarine whenever possible. Spreads and margarine tend to have trans fats which are bad. It's a good rule of thumb to avoid foods that list anything "hydrogenated" or "partially hyrdogenated" on the label.

If possible, make your diet pepsi caffeine free. Caffeine messes with blood sugar levels and will make life harder for you.

Congratulations on day 2. My expericence has been that if you dedicate yourself to following the rules and focus on what you can have and do (instead of can't), this is a great WOE and very easy to do!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:45 PM   #23  
Card Carrying Princess

Gettineasy....

Looks like a good start - I agree with giving up the margarines and actually go for the REAL BUTTER!

Also caffeine and aspartame are no-no's on the Atkins plans: aspartame is known to stall some, and caffeine can cause insulin spikes which in turn may lead to cravings. However many individuals do not give these things up, so it's certainly a personal decision.

Make sure to have all your veggies as well and drinking WATER IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!

Not sure if you have the book - if not you should definitely make the investment - also you can visit www.atkins.com

If you don't already do so...you should get a free account and try tracking your food at www.fitday.com You can track fats, proteins, carbs to see how your doing (optimal ratios are 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs)...don't forget to ask fitday to track fibre to get the net carbs (but you do need to subtract this yourself).

Also beware of Atkins shakes, bars and other sf chocolates/candy - while they look like they are induction friendly - they really aren't and most people do find these products cause stalls and tummy problems - best to stick with natural foods!

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 11-01-2003 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:08 PM   #24  
Card Carrying Princess

Talking sunday's saga

Breakfast:
1 egg (.6)
1 slice lc bread (4)
butter (0)
3 slices bacon (.7)
decaf w/cream (1.3)
tomato slice (2)
=8.6

Lunch:
2 pieces gefilte fish (4)
chicken soup broth (2)
grapes (5)
=11

Snack:
decaf w/cream (2.4)

Dinner:
steak/shrimp (0)
soup (2)
salad w/dressing (4)
grilled veggies (5)
teriyaki sauce (3)
yogurt w/sf sauce (4)
=18

total 39 LOADED CARBS - well dare I weigh in tomorrow morning?

Froufie
Old 11-03-2003, 02:15 AM   #25  
Pure Energy

Hey guys! Would you give me some good ideas for menus for induction. Like what your typical days may look like? Thanks.
Jamie
Closed Thread