3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   New to Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/33220-new-atkins.html)

clynne 10-14-2003 08:17 PM

New to Atkins

Hi all, really enjoyed reading everyones messages. I am going to try to lose 47 pounds.

barbmarie 10-15-2003 01:54 AM

Welcome!

There's alot of great people here, and alot to be learned from others experience. Join in wherever, we have a challenge forum at the top.

Leenie 10-15-2003 08:17 AM

:wave: Clynne

This is a great way to get healthy....enjoy it :D

dinki 10-16-2003 12:01 AM

PLEASE JOIN US IN THE FIRST ATKINS CHALLENGE. BY THANKSGIVING.

DINKI

clynne 10-16-2003 05:51 AM

Hi all, well I have hit ketosis. My strip is pink and I have already lost about 3 lbs. Still have a headache........it just won't go away no matter what I do.

Froufy 10-16-2003 09:36 AM

HI cylnne,

Sounds like you're doing great...despite the headache which is a real bummer. How many days so far? I predict headache should soon be over and you will be feeling wonderful. Have you also stopped drinking caffeine drinks? This could really contribute to the withdrawal headaches!

Froufy

clynne 10-17-2003 07:23 AM

Hi Froufy and all,
My headache is finally gone. I can't belive how this weight is peeling off (probalby water). Monday I weighed 187.......this morning I weighed 180. I can't believe this....

I have not stopped drinking my morning coffee w caffeine. But, other than that I have no other caffeine during the day or evening.

I felt like crap this whole week, headache and NO energy until last night when I finally started feeling better and celebrated by going to Wal Mart to look for a Halloween costume.

CLYNNE

jdoggmartin 10-17-2003 07:52 AM

Yay, Clynne!! It's great to hear your feeling better and losing weight! So, did you find a Halloween costume? Keep up the good work.

Take care,
Jina

clynne 10-17-2003 08:56 PM

Hi Jina and ALL
Nope, I didn't find a halloween costume.......guess I will just wear an old mardi gras one.

I went to GNC and bought Atkins vitamins today. I know I sound like a complainer but on this sixth day I almost quit. Not because I was hungry because I am not hungry at all, I have NO energy......none.....Woke up feeling like a million bucks but in one hour my energy was zapped.

Any comments/advice would be very appreciated.
clynne

dinki 10-19-2003 11:55 PM

How often do you eat? Make sure you eat your meals and snacks. Breakfast is very importand to me. I remember the no energy phase but cannot remember how long it lasted.
make sure you are eating often enough and drinking plenty of water.
It does get better.......

Dinki

StarPrincess 10-20-2003 04:50 PM

Hang in there, Clynne! I had low energy for 2-ish weeks. During that time, I stuck very strongly to following exactly what is outlined in Dr. Atkin's book for induction - including no caffeine and regular exercise. My exercise at this time was pretty much taking my dogs on walks, but it was exercise! After the first couple weeks of hardcore dedication, I suddenly felt fantastic! Ever since, my energy has been high, the weight has been coming off, and I haven't relapsed.

It just takes time for your body to reprogram itself. If you were really carb dependant, like most of us, then your body is most likely going through the adjustments that it needs to figure out this new fuel source.

Stay focused and you'll be amazed at how easy this really is!

clynne 10-20-2003 10:16 PM

Thanks Dinki and Star Princess, I appreciate the support and encouragement. You all are so sweet!!!

Star Princess you have lost a good bit of weight! Congrats!

supersized 10-20-2003 11:39 PM

Clynne, I only have energy if I take the vitamins. I've been taking the Atkins vitamins too. Some Wal-mart locations have them. They are a lot cheaper than at GNC or on Atkins site. You're doing great! Hang in there!

clynne 10-21-2003 05:48 AM

Supersized, thank you! I noticed we are about the same weight! I wish you luck! I weighed in this morning at 179.5, finally broke the 180 barrier! I am so happy!

supersized 10-21-2003 12:37 PM

Clynne, good for you! I was extremely happy to break under 180 too. We are about the same. Good luck to you too! I had my cholesterol checked today and have dropped from 247 to 221 since November. YIPPEE!

StarPrincess, you are an inspiration to me. Our starting and goal weights are very similar. You are blasting the pounds away. I wish I were losing at your pace. I'm hoping exercise will really get my lethargic metabolism moving.

Thanks for all the wisdom and inspiration. Y'all keep me going!