3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Rewards? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/33192-rewards.html)

KarenW 10-14-2003 10:25 AM

Rewards?

I'm only .5 pounds away from my 20 pound mark and am starting to think about a reward for myself. I am already going out to buy new jeans, but I was wondering if anyone has a reward system in place for themselves. DO you have a set schedule or do you just play it by ear?

What are some of your rewards?? (Non- Food)

I want a Pedicure at 50 pounds gone.. but other than that.. I havent set anything else up!

d_rowland 10-14-2003 11:13 AM

I have sent a mini goal for this weekend, not sure if I'm going to make it, scale needs a new battery and TOM is keeping me off, BUT I have a special event and if I reach my goal, I'm getting a new dress.

A pedicure sounds wonderful, I've never had one.

Clothes seem to be my best rewards - also a dinner out - LO-CARB of course! My daugher and I celebrated at Applebees with a salad. We don't go out much, so it was a real treat for us.

StarPrincess 10-14-2003 11:27 AM

I go shopping for new jeans once a month. Seeing those sizes going down is a great motivator! I also treat myself to a fun activity as a reward. I go crabbing or take a trip to the zoo - anything that I know I'll love that also gives me some good exercise.

When I reach my goal, I'm getting a new tattoo :D

StorybookMama 10-14-2003 11:29 AM

I once set up goals for myself at the 10% marks. First 10% I was going to buy myself flowers. 2nd 10% I was going to get my ears double pierced (but I've changed my mind on that one now..._)

I will have to do that again. A pedicure is nice - but I'd do that for your 20# mark! :)

New clothes are nice, but there are also things like jewelry, flowers, spa treatments (like you describe), day trips, favorite hobbies (antiques, photography, books, painting...etc.)

The possibilities are endless..

Now, I'm off to do my goal list. Thanks for the reminder!

bella1 10-14-2003 12:10 PM

If I lose my 15 pounds I'm going to buy some expensive jeans(not walmart brand), and get a tattoo on my lower back. I beggining to think I won't ever be getting them.:)

Leenie 10-14-2003 03:00 PM

Its so funny you should post this question, I was thinking of posting it too.

When I hit goal, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs so that my friend in California could hear me :encore:

Froufy 10-14-2003 09:58 PM

MORE PRESENTS?

Wow...great idea...now what do I really want? This is a tough one for me! I do spoil myself once in a while anyways.

I think I want to celebrate when I get to 37.5 lbs which would be the halfway mark for me! This will hopefully be in the not too far future as I am almost at 32 lbs, so I need to get cracking on this one.

I know new clothes would be great...but again don't want to make a major investment just yet.

Already do my hair, nails, etc.....dont' really have any jewellery wants at this time??? What to do??

Froufy

barbmarie 10-15-2003 04:32 AM

I havent thought about this, but I am now. I guess the main thing will be clothing, but I am still having fun taking old stuff from the back of the closet and trying them on again. I will probably get an expensive haircut and color. I usually just go to the bargain places for a "trim".

I just reached my 30lb mark (from my highest weight). It also is my halfway mark to goal. So I guess I am due for something......

KarenW 10-15-2003 10:17 AM

Wow! I didnt realize how much interest this would spark!! :)

I have gotten some really good ideas from you all. Money is really tight right now as purchasing the new van wasnt really in the budget this year... but I can splurge a few things.

for those of you who really are making lists, if you want to , post them here with me so that we can keep eachother motivated! I know having some one say to me.. "Karen.. remeber that pedicure.." would help! :)

StorybookMama 10-15-2003 03:26 PM

Karen,

I'll post my list when I get it done.

Froufy, you could always get a new "much wanted" CD, some time to do a favorite hobby or craft, a new book, flowers sent to yourself at work (;) ), a new "gadget," anything that might seem like a "reward" to you - no matter how odd it may seem to others or how expensive/cheap it might be.

For me, it would be time alone. :D Time when I am not the responsible parent - maybe a couple of hours alone at Border's or the mall. Not that I would buy anything, but I could decompress. Or time (I'm all about time) to just go take pictures of my favorite things (next to my daughter).

I'm sure there are lots of interesting ideas that don't involve food or clothes or salon treatments that you could reward yourself with. :encore:

StarPrincess 10-15-2003 03:44 PM

A couple of free ideas

So I've been thinking about rewards that don't cost anything - I like the idea of being thin AND having money! I've come up with a few of ideas so far:

1. A trip to the Clinique (or other high-end make-up counter) for a free makeover

2. Going to visit a friend/relative/bitter enemy/whatever who hasn't seen you for a while - the gasps and gushing praise over how much wait you've lost feels great

3. A pamper day. Get time and space to yourself for a long bath, facial, foot treatment, hair experiment, nap (side note - my husband paints my toenails for me - how cute is that?)

Anyone else have freebie ideas?

Froufy 10-15-2003 04:35 PM

I think I got it...the "gadget" idea is great. Alas, I do not have a BLENDER!!! and I keep hearing about the wonderful shakes and smoothies everyone is making. And now that I have introduced some berries and yogurt into my plan that would be a great idea. A brand new super d duper blender on my (already cluttered) kitchen counter...what color and brand should I get? Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Froufy

P.S. Also like the travel idea and would love to plan a weekend visit with my girlfriend in Toronto!...we have even talked about visiting a spa once I"m there!

StorybookMama 10-15-2003 04:54 PM

If you can't afford the Vitamix (the Blender of Blenders...) get a Cuisinart.

We bought a Kitchen Aid blender from Costco, but took it back because the seal leaked. Otherwise it was AWESOME!

Froufy 10-15-2003 09:42 PM

Thanks Lisa...have not seen the vitamix around, but don't want to spend a HUGE amount of money...and I did not know that cuisinart made a blender, will have to check that out.

I have seen the kitchen aid one - and I know it comes in many cool colors....in fact I will see what our costco carries next time I'm there!

Froufy

dinki 10-15-2003 11:47 PM

I AM ABOUT READY TO DROP DOWN INTO THE NEXT 10'S. SO AS SOON AS I SEE ON THE SCALE THAT I AM DOWN FROM 140'S TO 130'S i AM GETTING A NEW OUT FIT. ALSO I AM GETTING A BONUS AT WORK ON FRIDAY SO THAT MAKES IT EASIER. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO GIVES HERSELF REWARDS FOR EACH 5 POUNDS AND HER NEXT REWARD IS NEW UNDERWEAR.

DINKI

nursenicki069 10-16-2003 12:44 AM

well my reward is going to be a cruise! my bf and I are going on a cruise in January. I would like to be at my goal weight by then which is 170 but realistically with the holidays coming I might be at 190. I am currently at 213.0...I cant lie i will be happy just to see 199 on the scale! I need to start exercising...getting discouraged...wish I had that drive I had when i first started Atkins.

fullfig 10-16-2003 02:00 AM

i think i'm gonna go for a body massage once i hit the 1/3 mark, which is coming up really soon. since my goal is 65 lbs, i'll put it at 22 lbs. right now i'm at 21 lbs. i'm so stiff this morning that i can hardly move. i've been moving a few too many boxes these last couple of days. i had not really thought of rewarding myself. i don't want to buy clothes yet. that is why i having supersized to mail me her evening gown for the ball on nov 8. i just don't want to have one made in a bigger size. i am fully determined to reach my goal of 145. good luck to us all. you all have some great ideas. on a side note--after 10 years i still can't get my dh to paint my toenails. haha

KarenW 10-16-2003 09:54 AM

LOL! It is 13 years for us Fulfig, and still no toenails! :)

I have 75 pounds total to lose myself, so I would like to do something big for each 25 too. Hmmm, one of my friends just mentioned Ross the other day. I might have to go in there for some interim clothing. I dont want to spend a whole lot.. but yesterday I was wearing some cute velvet overalls that my mom got me last Christmas and they were so big that I cannot keep them buttoned on the sides! Scary!

As for Blenders? I have a Kitchenaid that I got as a wedding gift 13 years ago. It is still going strong, and I use it a LOT! Smoothies, margaritas, and many other items! I love Kitchen Aid so much I even have a Coffee Pot by them that I love! YOu definately cannot go wrong with a Kitchen Aid.

KarenW 10-19-2003 05:57 PM

My Hubby just told me today that When I hit the 50 pound mark, he will spring for a Massage and a makeover! :) 30 more pounds girls! :):)

supersized 10-19-2003 08:31 PM

I just hit the 25 pound mark last week and didn't reward myself. The last time I lost 25 pounds, I celebrated by eating one half of a philly cheese steak sandwich. At least I didn't do that. this week I lost 2 more pounds and rewarded myself with 3 new pairs of dressy boots and a pair of shoes. I have to dress up for work and am going to update my wardrobe once I lose more weight. The boot will still fit with more pounds shed though. I bought a camel colored knee high boot, a short dark brown pair, and a short black pair, all with heels. I also bought some brown heels, which I've needed for a year and a half. A big sale and coupons inspired my rewards. They cost more than I usually spend on footwear but they are for the new sleeker, slimmer looking me. I don't have anyone else other than myself to be responsible for so I don't feel bad for over endulging.

I think a massage may be in order for the 50 pound mark. Keep the ideas coming. I love all of them.

dinki 10-19-2003 11:45 PM

I am down another size so I got a few clothes, not to many because I'd like to go down one more size. I am thinking about my big reward when I hit my goal 11 more pounds.

Dinki

jen519 10-20-2003 04:31 PM

I am buying myself little "rewards" here and there in the form of clothing. I can't stand wearing loose jeans and frumpy-looking shirts. I'm already "growing in of" the jeans I bought a couple of weeks back, even though I've only lost another 7 pounds or so. Luckily, I have 2 pairs in the closet that I can actually wear in public again and the ones I bought have some "stretch" in them so even if I have to wear a belt to keep them on my waist, they're not baggy everywhere else. (Got a weird-shaped body donchaknow).I did have to get myself a couple of t-shirts that don't make me look like a kid in her dad's clothes, but only spent about $25. It's amazing how 15 - 20 pounds can make that much difference.

I'm going to try and think of something for "onederland". Don't know when that's going to be, but for the first time in forever, I do believe I will get there again. I like the massage idea too. I worked late last Friday night jogging and binding large sets of architectural drawings. By the time I went home, my shoulders and neck were so stiff and sore I thought I'd never move my arms again.

Jen

Kim in NJ 10-21-2003 11:20 PM

Well because I have this belly hanging low...I still need to wear long shirts to cover it - even though my legs are very thin. I caryy 99.999% of my weight in my mid section. :( So rewarding myself with clothing has been tough because I am just uncomfotable with that "thing".

BUT - I did reward myself for hitting the 40 # mark...I bought myself a ZEBRA bra - WOO HOO!!! :D Actually it's more of a gift for my dh after he has supported me through 2 big pregnancies and now is supporting my Atkins adventure. It's a cool bra though!!!!!!

davebecca 10-21-2003 11:57 PM

My first ten pounds earned me a massage! AAHHHHHHH!
The next 10 (only 4 more to go) I think I will get my hair highlighted. I need it done again anyway and am making myself wait. Pedicures rank quite high in my to do for me list. Getting hubby to watch the kids and going to a chick movie with a firiend ranks high also!

We CAN do this!

StarPrincess 10-22-2003 10:47 AM

ZEBRA BRA!!!

Man, I want a zebra bra! That sound like a perfect and totally fabulous thing. Now I have to go shopping!

Leenie 10-22-2003 11:07 AM

What in the world is a Zebra bra :s:

Kim I'm like you, belly all over and no butt or legs..OY!

StarPrincess 10-22-2003 11:19 AM

A bra for your zebra! They need support, too! :D

Froufy 10-22-2003 12:30 PM

I am dying of curiousity as well? What the heck is a zebra bra?

Three possible options?
1) the obvious - a bra for your pet zebra???

2) A wild and wonderful black and white striped bra (in which you can frolic in the wilds with all the other zebras, and stay camouflaged)

or (my favorite)
3) a bra from a snooty french lingerie shop: Madame should purchase ze bra I just showed you, it would be perfect for ze hooters of such magnitude!

:) :) :)

Froufy

fullfig 10-22-2003 12:43 PM

haha froufy!

Kim in NJ 10-22-2003 01:00 PM

Well I was going to post a link to the Zebra bra (by Playtex on One Hanes Place.com) But when I typed in the URL address, my companies firewall popped up said .

"This site has been categorized as "USELESS" per company policy."

Don't these people know how exciting the Zebra Bra is???? It is not USELESS AT ALL!!!

StarPrincess 10-22-2003 01:11 PM

Oh gawd! No more reading these when I'm in boring meetings! I'm cracking up!

Froufy 10-22-2003 04:07 PM

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW: (By george I think she's got it)....could this be the infamous zebra bra? Guaranteed to bring out the animal in everyone: http://www.onehanesplace.com/

(and I was able to get on this website from work...ha ha....and I work for the federal government....go figure!).

Froufy;)

P.S. I hope you got the matching dental floss (oops I mean thong) as well:o :o :o :o :p

Kim in NJ 10-22-2003 11:18 PM

That's the one Froufy...thanks for finding it.
It REALLY is very pretty and very silky.

Oh - and NO NO NO - I didn't get the matching thong. (I didn't even know there was one!)
I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to find it when wanting to take it off for laundering. :lol: Maybe another 50 lbs. from now!!!!

Come to think of it... don't you just wish you actually could just "Roll on the floor and laugh your a$$ off" ???? :ROFLMAO:

fullfig 10-23-2003 08:16 AM

well, i have messed around and not rewarded myself as i had planned. i'm at 26 lbs of a 65 lb goal, so i many just wait until the halfway point. that would be 32.5, so i'll plan for rewarding with a massage at the 33 lb mark. a facial might be another option. massages and facials are really inexpensive here. the total for a body massage, manicure, and pedicure was 30 million tl, which would be about $21 or so. my husband thinks i should go every couple of weeks to pamper myself. is he the best or what? the best for me anyway! i'm too economical for that though. hmmm...what to do, what to do...

supersized 10-23-2003 12:19 PM

Froufy, I work for the federal government too and I was unable to go the site. Our firewall said it was a "mature" site. Oh well, I have to check it out at home. Sounds like a fabulous piece. I'm gonna get new bras and undies when I get my weight off. I'm hoping my chest will fall back to a C again. They don't make alot of attractive bras in the 40DD section. If you can find them, they offer little support. Does the lingerie manufactures think that people larger than a D don't need or want pretty bras too. Sorry, I got off on one of my soapboxes.

StarPrincess 10-23-2003 12:47 PM

Supersized - you have my empathy! Once upon a time, long long, ago when I was thin, I was a 32DDD. I looked like I'd tip at any second. Three years ago, I went and had a reduction. That was the best thing I've ever done! Unfortunately, I had also gained weight, so post surgery/pre atkins, I was at a 38C. I just recently moved into 36 land. Anyway, my point was that it totally sucks that it's near to impossible to get anything other than ugly utilitarian bras when you go above a certain size. Our pretty, new bodies will definitely deserve pretty, new bras!!!

Froufy 10-23-2003 12:55 PM

I actually have a drawer full of "other bras" from my previous weight loss efforts and while not super small (have always been too well endowed) they are pretty and lacy (black, red and white and beige of course). I am still in a DD cup, but have noticed my band size decreasing (from 42-44 to about a 40) and/or the ability to use 2nd or 3rd row of hooks to fasten them.

This is a good sign and now I can get more wear out of the stuff I have...before going shopping of course for even smaller sizes!

Froufy;)

Kim in NJ 10-23-2003 01:44 PM

Just wanted to mention the "Zebra Bra" I got is in a size 44DD - and it has the comfort straps. I would prefer a DDD cup but I figure I'm still losing. Even when I lost weight in 1992 and ended up in a size 8 at 128lbs, I was still a 34DD. I kind of liked that though ;)

jen519 10-23-2003 04:07 PM

Supersized and you other amply endowed women. I'm fortunate (although I never considered myself so) to only be a C(+) cup at my current weight. I'm a good solid B when I'm at a normal weight. Anyway, I probably don't know a lot about support issues, but...Roaman's and Lane Bryant online have some beautiful, sexy bras that come in larger cup sizes. Some in DDD.

I wasn't really thrilled with the idea of buying a bra without trying it on, but they have a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy and I could rarely find anything I liked in any store. Try finding a 44C. The mainstream seems to think that if you're over a 38" band size, you must be D cup or larger. I love to color-coordinate my bras with my clothing. I'm single and nobody ever sees what's underneath, but it makes me feel somehow more feminine and attractive if I'm wearing sexy lingerie. You'll never again catch me in something I'd have expected to see my 96-year-old grandma wear. You know...the "battle bra". :lol:

Jen

supersized 10-24-2003 12:43 PM

I'll check out those sites Jen, thanks. I agree with you on the sexy undies issue. I'm single with no prospects so there is zero chance anyone will see them, but I do feel more attractive and proud of myself if I'm wearing matching sexy undies.

If I could have one surgery, it would be a breast reduction. It's hard to find cute shirts and dresses that don't pull in that area.