3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Rewards? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/33192-rewards.html)

nursenicki069 10-16-2003 12:44 AM

well my reward is going to be a cruise! my bf and I are going on a cruise in January. I would like to be at my goal weight by then which is 170 but realistically with the holidays coming I might be at 190. I am currently at 213.0...I cant lie i will be happy just to see 199 on the scale! I need to start exercising...getting discouraged...wish I had that drive I had when i first started Atkins.

fullfig 10-16-2003 02:00 AM

i think i'm gonna go for a body massage once i hit the 1/3 mark, which is coming up really soon. since my goal is 65 lbs, i'll put it at 22 lbs. right now i'm at 21 lbs. i'm so stiff this morning that i can hardly move. i've been moving a few too many boxes these last couple of days. i had not really thought of rewarding myself. i don't want to buy clothes yet. that is why i having supersized to mail me her evening gown for the ball on nov 8. i just don't want to have one made in a bigger size. i am fully determined to reach my goal of 145. good luck to us all. you all have some great ideas. on a side note--after 10 years i still can't get my dh to paint my toenails. haha

KarenW 10-16-2003 09:54 AM

LOL! It is 13 years for us Fulfig, and still no toenails! :)

I have 75 pounds total to lose myself, so I would like to do something big for each 25 too. Hmmm, one of my friends just mentioned Ross the other day. I might have to go in there for some interim clothing. I dont want to spend a whole lot.. but yesterday I was wearing some cute velvet overalls that my mom got me last Christmas and they were so big that I cannot keep them buttoned on the sides! Scary!

As for Blenders? I have a Kitchenaid that I got as a wedding gift 13 years ago. It is still going strong, and I use it a LOT! Smoothies, margaritas, and many other items! I love Kitchen Aid so much I even have a Coffee Pot by them that I love! YOu definately cannot go wrong with a Kitchen Aid.

KarenW 10-19-2003 05:57 PM

My Hubby just told me today that When I hit the 50 pound mark, he will spring for a Massage and a makeover! :) 30 more pounds girls! :):)

supersized 10-19-2003 08:31 PM

I just hit the 25 pound mark last week and didn't reward myself. The last time I lost 25 pounds, I celebrated by eating one half of a philly cheese steak sandwich. At least I didn't do that. this week I lost 2 more pounds and rewarded myself with 3 new pairs of dressy boots and a pair of shoes. I have to dress up for work and am going to update my wardrobe once I lose more weight. The boot will still fit with more pounds shed though. I bought a camel colored knee high boot, a short dark brown pair, and a short black pair, all with heels. I also bought some brown heels, which I've needed for a year and a half. A big sale and coupons inspired my rewards. They cost more than I usually spend on footwear but they are for the new sleeker, slimmer looking me. I don't have anyone else other than myself to be responsible for so I don't feel bad for over endulging.

I think a massage may be in order for the 50 pound mark. Keep the ideas coming. I love all of them.

dinki 10-19-2003 11:45 PM

I am down another size so I got a few clothes, not to many because I'd like to go down one more size. I am thinking about my big reward when I hit my goal 11 more pounds.

Dinki

jen519 10-20-2003 04:31 PM

I am buying myself little "rewards" here and there in the form of clothing. I can't stand wearing loose jeans and frumpy-looking shirts. I'm already "growing in of" the jeans I bought a couple of weeks back, even though I've only lost another 7 pounds or so. Luckily, I have 2 pairs in the closet that I can actually wear in public again and the ones I bought have some "stretch" in them so even if I have to wear a belt to keep them on my waist, they're not baggy everywhere else. (Got a weird-shaped body donchaknow).I did have to get myself a couple of t-shirts that don't make me look like a kid in her dad's clothes, but only spent about $25. It's amazing how 15 - 20 pounds can make that much difference.

I'm going to try and think of something for "onederland". Don't know when that's going to be, but for the first time in forever, I do believe I will get there again. I like the massage idea too. I worked late last Friday night jogging and binding large sets of architectural drawings. By the time I went home, my shoulders and neck were so stiff and sore I thought I'd never move my arms again.

Jen

Kim in NJ 10-21-2003 11:20 PM

Well because I have this belly hanging low...I still need to wear long shirts to cover it - even though my legs are very thin. I caryy 99.999% of my weight in my mid section. :( So rewarding myself with clothing has been tough because I am just uncomfotable with that "thing".

BUT - I did reward myself for hitting the 40 # mark...I bought myself a ZEBRA bra - WOO HOO!!! :D Actually it's more of a gift for my dh after he has supported me through 2 big pregnancies and now is supporting my Atkins adventure. It's a cool bra though!!!!!!

davebecca 10-21-2003 11:57 PM

My first ten pounds earned me a massage! AAHHHHHHH!
The next 10 (only 4 more to go) I think I will get my hair highlighted. I need it done again anyway and am making myself wait. Pedicures rank quite high in my to do for me list. Getting hubby to watch the kids and going to a chick movie with a firiend ranks high also!

We CAN do this!

StarPrincess 10-22-2003 10:47 AM

ZEBRA BRA!!!

Man, I want a zebra bra! That sound like a perfect and totally fabulous thing. Now I have to go shopping!

Leenie 10-22-2003 11:07 AM

What in the world is a Zebra bra :s:

Kim I'm like you, belly all over and no butt or legs..OY!

StarPrincess 10-22-2003 11:19 AM

A bra for your zebra! They need support, too! :D

Froufy 10-22-2003 12:30 PM

I am dying of curiousity as well? What the heck is a zebra bra?

Three possible options?
1) the obvious - a bra for your pet zebra???

2) A wild and wonderful black and white striped bra (in which you can frolic in the wilds with all the other zebras, and stay camouflaged)

or (my favorite)
3) a bra from a snooty french lingerie shop: Madame should purchase ze bra I just showed you, it would be perfect for ze hooters of such magnitude!

:) :) :)

Froufy

fullfig 10-22-2003 12:43 PM

haha froufy!

Kim in NJ 10-22-2003 01:00 PM

Well I was going to post a link to the Zebra bra (by Playtex on One Hanes Place.com) But when I typed in the URL address, my companies firewall popped up said .

"This site has been categorized as "USELESS" per company policy."

Don't these people know how exciting the Zebra Bra is???? It is not USELESS AT ALL!!!