3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Eat when hungry or on a schedule?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/32870-eat-when-hungry-schedule.html)

StorybookMama 10-06-2003 01:17 PM

Eat when hungry or on a schedule??

So, I know Atkins' book says never to go more than 5 hours without eating.... but what if it takes 7 for me to get hungry after a large morning omelette??

Do I eat on schedule according to the book, or according to my body?

What do you all do - or maybe I'm the only one with no appetite after eating so much protein. (Not that I'm complaining...):D

barbmarie 10-06-2003 01:37 PM

I try for 6 hours. If I'm hungry before then, I'll eat but usually go by the clock. It helps to keep your metabolism going. I usually have a string cheese or boiled egg snack between meals.

Froufy 10-06-2003 03:02 PM

I think you should definitely eat something, and not wait 7 hours! I think the book mentions not going more than 6 hours without food. I also agree that it does help with metabolism.

Try for a snack as mentioned: I keep cheese strings in fridge at work, or veggies and dip......hard boiled/devilled eggs are also good. If not on induction you can try some nuts/seeds - I keep a ounce container of sunflower seeds at my desk in case I get the munchies!

Froufy

StorybookMama 10-06-2003 03:27 PM

Usually this doesn't happen... but I forgot to eat lunch yesterday because I was busy doing other things and was NOT hungry.

I do keep hb eggs on hand and other things like individually wrapped cheeses - and I will snack on something small on occasion.... but yesterday I just did not get the brain trigger that I needed fuel.

Leenie 10-06-2003 04:10 PM

I've never not been hungry so it hasn't been a problem for me... quite the reverse, I am always hungry and always wanting to stuff my face :( More so now, but I think thats because of the fake syrups and chocolates.

I have a big appetite, don't think anything is ever going to change that :shrug:

StorybookMama 10-06-2003 04:19 PM

Leens,

I really am there, too, with the big appetite. When I met my husband, he was so happy to meet a girl who could actually eat!!

He said to me "you really have a 'take no prisoners' type of attitude when it comes to eating, don't you?"

I took it as the compliment he meant it to be... but I shudder to think of what it really meant. I weighed 170 when I met him the first time, 230 when we got married, and 285 when I started Atkins and we've been married 5.5 years. He's a terrible food influence and a chef to boot.

Anyhow, all this to say, I'm surprised at the appetite suppressing effects this diet is having on me and thought I'd ask.

goodforme 10-06-2003 05:50 PM

I eat when hungry, but it's usually not so long between meals for me. I'm finding that it doesn't take very much to make me full, like I can eat from one plate of food 3 times before I finish it. I don't know if my stomach shrank, or what. Anyway, after the first couple weeks the appetite really slows down, so I would suggest eating on schedule. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. Maybe a snack after dinner if you need it.

dinki 10-06-2003 11:08 PM

Isn't it wonderful not to feel hungry. This is what I love about this diet. I can tell so much when I cheat then I am so hungry for the next couple of days. I also have read we should eat something every 6 hours at least. So I try to do that.

Dinki

StorybookMama 10-07-2003 11:09 AM

Thanks everyone. I'll do a schedule for a while and see if that helps me.