Does any one have trouble getting in more than 9 carbs a day?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I have issues with getting in more than 9 carbs a day on induction. Does anyone else have this issue? I know that it is OK, but even if I eat 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of the induction -acceptable veggies, I still cant get over 9 carbs...
  • are you counting cheese?
    Hey Karin!

Aren't we supposed to count 1 carb for each ounce of cheese? Hmmm....I need to go check my book.

I have noticed that my carb count is really low, too, but I do count my cheese and cream cheese that I use for my celery.

I'll have to think about this, too.
  • Hi Karen,

I have no problems going over 9 carbs. For one I think my coffee is about 9 carbs. You have to count coffee, splenda and cream.

Some days I just don't want salads so I have extra veggies until I reach my 20 carbs. Some day's I'm up to 30 carbs b/c of veggies. Don't forget sour cream, cheese, pepperoni and lunch meats have carbs.
  • That is the thing.. I have 8 oz of coffee with 1 tbsp of heavy cream for breakfast (2 carbs) 2 Eggs in the morning (1.6 carbs) and then 2 cups of salad and 1 cup of either Green Beans, Cauliflower or Broccoli. Sometimes Spinach too. If I have cheese at all, It is 1 tbsp of cream cheese on celery in lieu of one cup of salad or one oz of cheader in a 2 egg omlete. Never eat lunch meat or pepperoni! Very rarely do I eat Sour Cream!

every once in a while I will add 1/2 an avocado to my salad. or toss 1 tbsp of parm cheese or feta cheese on my salad. those days I get up to maybe 12 carbs! I do count net carbs too... After talking to the atkins staff on the phone, I follow it that way!
  • Karen how about a hand full of nuts and some olives in your salad. Do you like peppers, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms. I would think any veggie you add will help boost it. Is it that your just not hungry ?

Gee, if I can think of anything else I'll holler !!!
  • I am not hungry.. that is part of it, the other is that I am on induction so no nuts... Even though I am Italian, I dont like olives in anything but pizza or Chicken Cacciatore!

According to the Atkins center, as long as I am under 20 carbs it is OK.. but I just thought I would throw this out there.. I must be strange.. But then again, I love my meats! The only thing I miss is Potato chips!
  • Karen.... ahh a kindred soul...

I love my meats, too, but force myself to do 3 cups of salad/veggies a day. I DO eat cheese/cream cheese, though.

But, I miss french fries.... and had to smell my dh's in the car today!! I DID NOT EAT a single one.
  • LOL Lisa! I have to force myself to eat the salad too. Putting tuna or roast beef on it helps!
  • How about salad dressings? Those have some carbs as does mayonnaise....if it has sugar in it. You could also whip up some whipped cream with sf vanilla syrup for a treat...or just add more exotic veggies. Have you tried spaghetti squash? Great w/melter butter, parmesan and garlic...and I think 7 carbs per cup..and very yummy!

Froufy
  • karen, i find that my carbs are really low too. i don't think it is a problem though. i find that i am just not hungry. i didn't realize how low the counts were until doing fitday for a week. i hate doing that and posting menus too. just seems to take too much time. i know what i can and can't have. i am not a meat and egg eater at all. but i've tried to get creative this time. so far it has not been a problem. i tend to eat turkey and chicken breasts for meat and get fat through cheese, mayo, and salad dressing. i do miss chocolate sometimes, but not enough to make me stray. i'm stalled right now. i did get off plan on wednesday, but just that one day. i'm close to the bottom of the range that i've been in for last five years. so, i was expecting it. constipation has been a huge problem too. i think once i can find the turkish laxative tea, the problem should be resolved. one can only hope. anyway, i just realized that i have gotten really off track. so, i'll stop for now. have a great day!
  • am I missing something
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to and allowed to EAT MEAT!!( ie: protein) ?? I mean..... the bacon, sausages, chicken, turkey, beef, shrimp, salmon, tuna.....etc etc?? I find no problem at all munching my way to the 20 gr. limit. I even try once and awhile the Atkin products that are allowed for induction. I find the Advantage Shakes really good and satisfying served over crushed ice. (1 gr carb) I must be a carnivore at heart because I LOVE MEAT!!!
  • That is the thing, I eat meat.. but most have 0 Carbs! It is the veggies and cheese that have the carbs. (And cream too) I stall if I eat too many of the atkin products a week one shake a week is all I can have if I dont want to stall.
  • Hi
    Hi Karen. Sorry, for spoutting off at the mouth about the virtues of meat...LOL, from your original post it sounded like you didn't eat ANY meat, just 3 C of veggies!! Whatever you are doing seems to be working though; 13 lbs and 9.5 ". That is excellent. Others may lose faster/slower than you but whatever you lose is yours...you are unique. I hope the 9.5" wasn't from just the boob area. Seems I lose there first!! **darn**
  • LOL! I wish it was in the boob area! I have WAY TOO MUCH! LOL! only 2 inches was there!
  • Wow you are doing great, it is great how this diet does decrease your appitite. Keep up the great work. I have trouble staying below 20 carbs and exercising, what are you doing? I have been stuck for 2 weeks at 10 pound loss.
    Well I am motivated now.

Good luck
    Dinki