Low Carb Bio's

You're on Page 3 of 17
Go to
  • DATE: January 23, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: alysonwonderland/aly

BIRTHDAY: march 10, 1981

MARITAL STATUS: attached

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): live with my boyfriend, no kids (too young for those!!)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: art, design, computers, dave matthews band, traveling

PETS: nope

ATKINS START DATE: july 10, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: i needed something that would show results super quick because i needed that instant gratification to keep with it!

TOP WEIGHT: 149

CURRENT WEIGHT: 129

GOAL WEIGHT: 120

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: brownish

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: clifton park, ny

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: sticking with it, overeating, eating fast food because its easy

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: having the support of my boyfriend who has been doing atkins with me

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? i stayed on track from mid july to about october then 'fell of the wagon' for the holidays. i started again after new years and have added working out to my routine which is brand new to me!

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: this has been so much easier doing it with my boyfriend, i couldn't have ever lost the weight if he hadn't helped me thru the rough times!
  • All About SpyGirl
    DATE: 1-23-04NEW today.....
    USERNAME/REAL NAME: SpyGirl
    BIRTHDAY: 4-9-69
    MARITAL STATUS: married

FAMILY INFO DH, 33 is also doing Atkins with me. We have two DD, ages 9 and 11- they are amazing, smart girls.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: cooking, reading, travel, shopping, research

PETS: We have an English Setter dog named Bristol- he's not real smart. also have two cats- the big one runs the house.

ATKINS START DATE:1/19/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:A friend is having great success, and it's become so prevalent and accepted at restaurants, I figured it was worth a try.

TOP WEIGHT: 288.2

CURRENT WEIGHT: 283.2

HEIGHT: 5 foot 2inches

EYE COLOR: brown
    HAIR COLOR: brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Portland Oregon

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Commitment, not cheating. Being consistant with a busy life style

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: This has been that hard...I am not as hungry all the time, and it is about finding new choices. I just have to get past the old desires

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?
    I really am ususally an upbeat person- but I'm a horrible dieter. I am very hard on myself when it comes to diets. I love to meet new people, and listen to their stories. It makes me feel less alone in this.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: not sure yet, but will do my best to find something to share.
  • DATE: Jan. 24, 2004

USER NAME/REAL NAME: ChewGirl/Regina

BIRTHDATE: 10/5/66

MARITAL STAT: Married to a great fireman

FAMILY INFO: 4 kids

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Music... Play Guitar in a church band...Sing...Conduct a choir

PETS: cat/dog/bird

ATKINS START DATE: November 26, 2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I needed to get my diabetes under control and loose weight. I didn't want to feel like I was torturing myself while doing it either.

TOP WEIGHT: 265...about 10 years ago after the birth of my son

CURRENT WEIGHT: 215

FIRST GOAL WEIGHT: 199.999999999.....just not in the 200's anymore.

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'4

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Auburn for now

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Northern California

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I try not to get discouraged when the little needle on the scale seems reluctant to move. I am a glutton for punishment, so I weigh myself every morning at the same time wearing the same robe. Oh, and I use the bathroom first....every little bit helps.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I see this as a way of life now and small steps in the right direction are still a progression forward. My health is a major concern now that I'm getting older.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2003 and this WOE is really helping.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Water retention is a bummer, it makes me feel like I'm getting nowhere. I'm working on it.
  • DATE: Jan 24, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: cbzmomof4/Caroline

BIRTHDAY: June 18, 1971

MARITAL STATUS: Happily Married for 11 (almost 12) years

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Mommy to 4 children, DS 9, DS 7, DD 5, and DS 18 months. We are a homeschooling family even though my hubby is a public school math teacher! ;-) So my time is spent mostly at home teaching the children, which is fun at times, but there are times of aggravation! My husband is a wrestling coach also, so winter is a busy time of year. I love to talk about my children, they are a constant source of joy and laughter in my life!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing, when I have time. Crocheting, reading…umm I use to love to run, but no can do right now. Maybe sometime in the future.

PETS: a cat ~ whom the children named “Duchess”

ATKINS START DATE: Restart really for me…Jan 2, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I saw how much others were having success with Atkins, and with the lowfat, low calorie diets that I had tried before I wasn’t looking forward to “calorie” restriction persay, it would just leave me so hungry.

TOP WEIGHT: 242 #s (right before I delivered baby #4) but really I would say 203

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183

HEIGHT: 5 ft 6

HAIR COLOR: boring brown with grey, colored a delightful shade of auburn…thank you my dear hairstylist!

OCCUPATION: SAHM, works part time/full time in the summer as a RN when Huggy is home to watch the chillens!

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Ohio

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not eating when I am stressed or tired, and really taking the time to prepare my food, knowing that a “quick fix” is no longer an option

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Now, with Atkins I am not feeling that sense of deprivation. Also, since we are planning on having more children (I know, we are weird…oh well), I would like to be able to get to my goal weight before that happens. And this time instilling this WOE as a WOL!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Ummm..well I can be sort of a nut.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Don’t ever think that it is ok to cheat, I did, and it lasted into a month long downward spiral. That was a wake up call for me. Also I had lost 100 #s before I conceived baby #4, and gained that same amount back….I am hoping this time it will be different.
  • DATE: 1/27/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Linda Lee

BIRTHDAY: 2/5/51

MARITAL STATUS: Married to the sweetest man on earth ...except he'd say he's an old grouch

FAMILY INFO: I have two grown children (one of each) and three grandsons. At home I have 4 cats ....all more spoiled than my children ever thought of being

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Genealogy ....I always love a mystery.

ATKINS START DATE: (This time) 1/26/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Been there , done that and it works

TOP WEIGHT: 210

CURRENT WEIGHT: 188

GOAL WEIGHT: 140

HEIGHT: 5'3"

EYE COLOR: Golden Hazel

HAIR COLOR: With or without the gray? Light Auburn

OCCUPATION: The title is "Junior Accountant" the actual job is Accounts Payable with some Customer Service ...go figure?

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New England

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Food ....as in Chocolate, Chips and Cookies

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't want to take high blood pressure pills and I come from a long line of Type II diabetics

I guess that covers just about everything ;-)
  • DATE:

USERNAME/REAL NAME: LoriB

BIRTHDAY: 12/17/

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.):
    I have 4 sons and on daughter who died at age 13 and 4 grandchildren who are the joy of my life.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Love to read, travel, low carb, learning to like exercise, Montessosri education.

PETS:
    none
    ATKINS START DATE:
    7-15-03
    WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS:
    A friend keep telling me to try it! I am a type two diabetic and my Dr. has a diet very much like Atkins so it was easy to get his support.
    TOP WEIGHT:
    CURRENT WEIGHT:
    GOAL WEIGHT:
    HEIGHT:
    5ft 5in
    EYE COLOR:
    green
    HAIR COLOR:
    blond
    teacher/retired
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
    So. Calif.
    WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
    Taking lots of meds and emotional eater
    WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
    I wish I knew! this diet just seems to work for me. I don't crave all the food I use to binge on.
    I have never been active but have started curves in Nov. and go three times a week. I still can't say it is easy for me but it is something I can make myself do. I am a Christian and find that pray has really helped me get throught this change in life style and in many other things in my life.
    WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE:
    _Since I started this program all of my blood tests have come back normal, my blood pressure is down in the ok range and my Dr. is really pleased with my health. I was really in bad health before I started on Atkins.________________
    Jesus Loves Me This I Know !

3FC's Moderator
  • laura/austin
    DATE:
    February 3, '04.
    USERNAME/REAL NAME:
    Laura
    BIRTHDAY:
    March 2, 1966
    MARITAL STATUS:
    single
    FAMILY INFO
    The baby of 6; most of them boys. Share a home with my father, who is 83 and has suffered a couple of strokes.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS:
    Love to read all kinds of books, enjoy my garden, passionate Detroit Red Wings fan
    PETS:
    One 15 year old cat, Eartha
    ATKINS START DATE:
    January 24, '04
    WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS
    I have lost 40 pounds on a restricted calorie diet, but stalled for several months at 235. Watched my brother and niece both have great success on Atkins, and thought "what do I have to lose?" (pun intended)
    TOP WEIGHT:
    275ish
    CURRENT WEIGHT:
    235ish
    GOAL WEIGHT:
    150, no ish
    HEIGHT:
    5'6"
    EYE COLOR:
    hazel
    HAIR COLOR:
    red, thanks to Revlon
    Chef, currently working in a grocery store demo and sample kitchen
    GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION:
    Austin, Texas
    WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:
    well, I'm a lifelong compulsive overeater.
    WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
    Right now, I can't give you a definate reason. Maybe it's just where I am in life, but I know that in the long run I will be successful with weight loss and maintainence. What's hardest for me is keeping faith when I don't get immediate results.
    Can't think of it right now.
    My life has done nothing but improve since I made the decision to quit postponing everything "until I lose weight". We all deserve to have great lives, irregardless of our sizes.
  • DATE: Feb. 8, 2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Trazzie/Traci

BIRTHDAY: 5/28/71

FAMILY INFO: My husband is Norwegian, we met online over a chat program, met each other, fell in love and got married. He is very supportive of me on Atkins and has even told me he's proud of me for sticking with it. AWE I also have 3 gorgeous girls from a previous husband who are 14, 11 and 7 who wont let me steal their french fries any longer.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I am addicted to a game on PlayStation 2 (Everquest), other then that I don't find much time for hobbies. But I do like counted cross stitch.

PETS: Meru my 25lb beast of a cat. She's my baby, but wouldnt stand for it when I told her we were going to lose weight.

ATKINS START DATE: January 21, 2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My sister had started it and I thought I would give it a try. I bought the book and was very impressed and excited about it.

TOP WEIGHT: 260, had lost 20 lbs. a year prior on low fat diet, that obviously didnt stick. Atkins start weight 251.5

CURRENT WEIGHT: 239

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5' 6"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: reddish brown

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Wisconsin

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I always feel hungry and when trying a low fat diet I feel hungry and deprived. This depresses me and I tend to eat more, the more I eat the lazier I get. I'm sure most have been down that road before. I also have very weak willpower.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I can eat for one and I'm not constantly hungry. I do have issues with cravings but so far I have had enough willpower to fight them, and that alone is something thats never happened before. I've seen immediate results in weight without working my tush off. Atkins will and is working for me.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I hate veggies.. never ate them and have no idea how to cook half of them. So this has been a real learning experience. I still need help on the spinich and asparagus tho.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have a rather large frame (big boned) so when I was skinny I always thought I was fat. I wish I was that fat again! I really started packing on the weight after each birth of my girls and the marriage I was in was bad. I guess you could say I tried to eat my way out of it.
  • DATE: 02/09/2004

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Amyjo01/ Amy

BIRTHDAY: 9/23/70

MARITAL STATUS: Married going on 7 years

FAMILY INFO :Have 2 children Devon 13 and Skylar 10(going on 21), DH-Kevin been together for almost 14 years on and off and happily married for 6 1/2 (after he decided to grow up)

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reef keeping, reading, gardening and sleeping

PETS: 2 cats MooMoo and SmokieJoe, 1 Dog-PrettyGirl 13 y.o. Collie, 4 fish tanks

ATKINS START DATE: January 15,2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Seemed like a good idea

TOP WEIGHT: 186

CURRENT WEIGHT: 158(as of today)

GOAL WEIGHT: 135-140 (or a solid size 8 pants)

HEIGHT: 5'7

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mobile, Alabama

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Recovering Bulimic and OCD, also love Chocolate and never have time to exercise anymore.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have lost it before, Nursing school just took everything out of me and when you eat to stay awake to study and don't have time to exercise well that doesn't help at all.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Can't think of anything right now

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Past year has been tough, Graduated from college, got a new job, having lots of family problems on my Mothers side, Father died in November of Colon cancer and Alcoholism and bought a new house the week my Dad died which was the week of Thanksgiving and still haven't sold out last house. (think the stress may kill me)

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Khewes......Kim

BIRTHDAY: May 20

MARITAL STATUS: Married to High School Sweetheart.

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Two children. Girls 12 and 14. Most days love them, some days will sell them cheap. One husband, all around good guy. Smells bad sometimes, but... you gotta love them anyway.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Well... reading, cross stitch, scrapbooking, internet message board reading....writing...

PETS: One cat, Morton. One rescue dog, Storm. (We got her at the local SPCA the day after Christmas. She's around 8 and some days I like her more than my kids!

ATKINS START DATE: July 02

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Have tried everything else. Thought what the heck? Actually my friend was going through some infertility issues and needed to lose weight too. Wanted a buddy to lose weight with, so we started together.

TOP WEIGHT: Yikes.

CURRENT WEIGHT: Double Yikes. Around 260 somewhere. Not talking to my scale.

GOAL WEIGHT: My goal is to see 150 again, but I would be a happy girl at around 165/170.

HEIGHT: 5 foot 6 or so

HAIR COLOR: Um.. this week it's brown

OCCUPATION: I am an Admin Assistant at my local State University. I am also a student there, persuing a degree in English Lit. I am on hiatus a few semesters because I just took Algebra. I got an A, but boy is my brain tired.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Pennsylvania

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: My disability. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am pretty hobbled up currently. I walk with at least one cane, if not two.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I don't have any choice....can't live like this any damn more.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? That I am sensitive, I cry easily, am fiercely loyal to my friends.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: Wow. So many. Have lost both parents before turning 35. Had major back surgery. Have switched careers recently. College as an adult student...two teenagers driving me crazy...
  • DATE: 2/17/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: mellywelly......Melanie

BIRTHDAY: May 17

MARITAL STATUS: Planning to marry Sam when I graduate

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I live with my mother and step dad and my nephew (he's here part time). I am "planning to marry" Sam, my boyfriend of almost 2 years.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing (not necessarily stories or poems or anything, mostly my name or words I hear, I just like to write) watching American Idol,

PETS: Sugar, a mini weiner dog
    ATKINS START DATE: 02/16/04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: everyone was losing weight quickly, and there are more options when you eat out than there are for low fat
    TOP WEIGHT: my highest ever was 233, my start weight for atkins was 193.5

CURRENT WEIGHT: 190 (down 3.5 in two days!!!)
    GOAL WEIGHT: 140-ish

HAIR COLOR: kinda reddish, goldish brown for a few more days

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Kentucky
    WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS:Chips. Boredom.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm actually losing weight quickly, and am never hungry.
  • Hi everyone I'm still lurking around just no real time to do anything last few months have been busy for me

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Herb

BIRTHDAY: April,17.

MARITAL STATUS: Single My girlfriend is super cool this week any way lol.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Tons of Walking.Camping,concerts,going to the gym.

PETS: Pet rock they are so e z to take care of.

ATKINS START DATE: March,26.2003

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: My mother had real good luck with Atkins so I decided to try it.

TOP WEIGHT: Ug around January 1st 2003 I was at 598 then did a low fat diet lost 22 pounds by march and I hated it.I was always hungry. I started Atkins in March 2003 with lots of exercise and its working better than anything I have tried before and I never feel hungry or tired.

CURRENT WEIGHT: 349

GOAL WEIGHT: 270

HEIGHT: 6'4"

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: dirty blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Boston Ma.

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Holiday's with the family its a big eat fest.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I like the feeling of being thinner and more active and my self esteem will keep me going on the right track.I refuse to quit.Or fall off the wagon.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU?: Yeah I think all u gal's are great and guy's.This site has been very helpfull and it gives you motivation Keep up the great work 3FC's
  • DATE: 2-29-04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Genghis Cohen/ Abbie

BIRTHDAY: September 12

MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Mom, Dad, and two younger sisters, all currently residing half way across the country.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Good books, reality television, T.S. Eliot, knitting, wind surfing, poodles, spider solitare, baking, shoes, post-modern architecture, and the color pink.

PETS: Ralphy, a standar poodle, and Ruthie Lizard, a bearded dragon, both also half way across the country. Bonzai tree at school, but it may currently be deceased.

ATKINS START DATE:1-22-04

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I've done Weight Watchers twice, and I was always hungry. Then, after I'd lost the first 10-15 lbs. the weight loss would stop and I'd completely lose my resolve. So I thought I'd try Atkins so at least I wouldn't be hungry. I know a lot of people, including both my parents, who have lost a significant amount of weight on it.

TOP WEIGHT: 165

CURRENT WEIGHT: 153.5

GOAL WEIGHT: 135-140

EYE COLOR: Blue

HAIR COLOR: Blonde

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Boston

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I don't deal well with hunger. It makes me miserable and headachey. And, in the past I've tended to take advantage of any sittuation in which my inhibitions are artificially lowered in order and eat all the stuff I've been denying myself just because my friend are doing it.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: So far I haven't been hungry at all, haven't really been craving what I can't eat, and have been really good about avoiding sittuations that would cause me not to follow the program. I have many things to motivate me, and have been keeping a personal journal as well as a food journal in order to promote this.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I'm a college student, so there are factors that make this both an easier and more difficult experience for me. One of the biggest differneces is that I don't have a kitchen, only a microwave and a refridegerator, so meal planning requires a bit of ingenuity.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I used to be a competative swimmer, which requred 6 am practice Tuesday-Thursday, and evening practice Monday-Thursday. Sometimes the only way to get out of bed on a Monday morning was just to concentrate on the present moment and not even think about the rest of the day, or week or month. I generally apply the same principal to dieting. If something is hard, don't think about how long it will last, live in the present and do the best you can.
  • DATE: 3/9/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: southerngirl aka Michele

BIRTHDAY: 10-12-1974

MARITAL STATUS: Separated

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): I have a beautiful daughter whom is the delight of my life (Sorry proud Mommy alert!! ) I am best friends with my estranged husband. We coparent and have a great friendship and might continue living together to enable me to go back to school.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I love to read all sorts of books including poetry and classical literature. I love to draw and paint! I am about to start a calligraphy course and am so excited about that!! I love to horseback ride. I fenced and rock climbed in my younger years and hope to take that back up as I lose weight. I am a photographer and hope to continue working freelance and build my client roster as time goes on. If you need a photographer, I'm your girl!

PETS: 3 dwarf frogs named Castor, Pollux and Sirius and a plecho fish named Oscar (since he cleans up the garbage in the tank!).

ATKINS START DATE: 3/10/04 TOMORROW!!

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: I was diagnosed with PCOS and a Candida Yeast imbalance and was told to choose a low carb diet to incorporate as a weight loss tool and as a new way of eating. After reading all the books, I decided to try Atkins.

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: My current weight IS my top weight... 252

HEIGHT: 5'4"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: auburn

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Currently in Ohio, moving to North Carolina in May!!!

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I was a nice, round 150-160 before getting pregnant with my daughter in 1999. I was not diagnosed with fatty liver or PCOS then and no one could understand my meteoric weight gain. I weighed 259 the day I delivered her and have yo-yo'ed ever since. I have always had a problem with moderation and I have come to loathe exercise with a passion. I always find an excuse to overeat or to not work out and I NEED to overcome that for my own health and for my daughter. I don't want her growing up and developing her own weight issues because I was a bad example.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I have a great doctor who listens to me and understands what PCOS and fatty liver ARE and how to treat them. I am turning 30 and getting a divorce this year and am determine to start my 30s with a clean slate and healthier than ever!!!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? I am not very disciplined and am hoping this community will provide enough support and encouragement to help me along my path. I am determined for the first time in FIVE years!! Now I just need to find the inner strength within myself to see this through.

WHAT EXPERIENCES CAN YOU SHARE: I have battled my weight my entire life and I know that poor health habits might work for now but sabotage you down the road. Good luck to all of us!!!
  • DATE: 3/22/04

USERNAME/REAL NAME: Mrs H / Lisa

BIRTHDAY: March 02, 1972

MARITAL STATUS: Married

FAMILY INFO (anything you care to share about your family, children, hubby, etc.): Just me and hubby..and 3yr old black lab named Rocky

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, playing on computer, spending time with Rocky

PETS: Rocky 3yr old black lab.....but shhhhhh he doesnt' know he's a pet!

ATKINS START DATE: 01/05/2004

WHAT MADE YOU CHOOSE ATKINS: Tried it in the past, and it worked great. This time though it's not a diet..it's a life time change

TOP WEIGHT: 298

CURRENT WEIGHT:258

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 will be very happy with anything in onederland

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown...with a little grey grrrrrr

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: North Carolina

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: The stalls...and getting bored with the foods I am allowed

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: It's now or never.. I am in overall good health, and I wanna keep it that way