3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Looking for low carb bread and wrap suggestions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/311935-looking-low-carb-bread-wrap-suggestions.html)

thatsok 01-09-2017 05:09 PM

Looking for low carb bread and wrap suggestions

Hi Today I started the Diabetes Miracle solution diet which is a low carb type diet. In the 1st phase I can have breads and wraps with net 5 carbs. Any suggestions for the best tasting ones?
Thanks!

LoveChocolate 01-20-2017 06:43 PM

I generally like the ThinSlim Bagels, but you have to order online. I know there are lower-carb options in stores (Joseph's Flax Pitas, La Tortilla), but I'm haven't googled to see if they are 5 carbs or lower. Good luck!!

Defining 01-21-2017 12:47 AM

Cabbage, chard, collards, lettuce, cauliflower: http://slimpalate.com/cauliflower-to...e-gluten-free/ ;)

synger 01-24-2017 01:08 PM

I get a high-fiber tortilla and bread at our grocery store. They're not touted as "low carb" but if you're doing net carbs and can subtract fiber they may be an option.

Mostly I just use low-carb pancakes/crepes (search on "low carb cream cheese pancakes"" for recipe) or lettuce wraps.

WebWoman 01-24-2017 01:23 PM

The best wrap of course is Lettuce or anything else without carbs. If you absolutely need a carb wrap, there is a tortilla wrap by OLE called Xtreme Wellness (high Fiber, low carb) which is prob the best I've see. Available at Kroger all around my area. Made with 100% whole wheat, olive Oil and flax Seed. (But it still has carbs).

The best advice is to just wean ourselves of all bread products including wraps....

thatsok 02-06-2017 05:19 PM

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I have found wraps pitas and bread with net carbs of around 5 which is what I need. Of course I know about using lettuce and such but was specifically looking for bread as I mentioned.
I forget who said we should stop eating bread products all together. Thanks for the suggestion but I have no desire to do that. Have been losing steadily having net 5 grams of carbs up to 3 times a day. On this program I will actually be adding carbs on each stage until I hit my sweet spot lol no pun intended.

abug 02-07-2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatsok (Post 5299899)
Thanks everyone. I have found wraps pitas and bread with net carbs of around 5 which is what I need. Of course I know about using lettuce and such but was specifically looking for bread as I mentioned.
I forget who said we should stop eating bread products all together. Thanks for the suggestion but I have no desire to do that. Have been losing steadily having net 5 grams of carbs up to 3 times a day. On this program I will actually be adding carbs on each stage until I hit my sweet spot lol no pun intended.

What brand/where do you buy the 5 carb pita? :?:

MsKayBee 02-07-2017 08:25 PM

The Xtreme Wellness is a really good low net carb wrap. La Tortilla Factory has a low carb version that's very tasty with 5 net carbs.

Michelle125 02-16-2017 11:45 AM

I don't eat store bought low-carb bread. We make cauliflower or almond breads, pizza crusts, cookies, wraps, etc ourselves. It's pretty easy, and the secret is wringing out the cauliflower in cheesecloth or a tea towel to get rid of AS MUCH water as you can, after steaming it.

This makes such a difference. We are never going back to grain-bread products ever. We make pizza that you can hold in your hand and it doesn't break!

Steampunkchick 04-19-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abug (Post 5300114)
What brand/where do you buy the 5 carb pita? :?:

Joseph's Bread has 5 net carbs. I love them and the lavish bread wraps they make. I use them for pizzas too

I can't post links yet but the address is josephsbakery[dot]com You can find local stores. Only Walmart has them near me.

girl81 03-04-2023 01:28 PM

Anyone tried making Genaw's spinach bread?