Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 90.9/88.6/80

Height: 163cm

Question Could dairy be my problem?

Hey folks, last Sunday I started ketogenic lchf woe.
I have done Atkins in the past and was successful then off the wagon I fell for many years.
I have not lost a gram since I started. I began tracking yesterday, and know I was well above my calorie range before yesterday. I'm aiming for 1200-1500cals as I have 25-30kg to lose. My metabolism is shot. I'm eating less than 20carbs a day.
I am wondering if anyone else has to limit their cheese and cream. When I've done Atkins in the past I know that was an issue for me. was hopeful that the high fat moderate protein may have allowed me this option but now I'm beginning to think not. I have been in ketosis since Monday night.

So anyone else know cheese and cream to be a hindrance even if it fits into daily cal and carb allowance?
Jodaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Im not sure, but wanted to tell you that Silk Almond milk and cashew milk, and even the soy milk are delicious. I get the unsweetened and its just so tasty!! and low calorie too!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Try low fat, high protein. Fish. Chicken. And skip/reduce the dairy. Try almond or flaxseed milk instead. A little feta cheese perhaps.

Low carb, low "bad" fat (but high omega 3s), lots of protein, lots of veggies, a little fruit works well for me. Although I am not on Atkins.

Last edited by IanG; 05-01-2015 at 06:56 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:31 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I just celebrated 11 years on Atkins last month and I learned early on, cheese, although it is permitted, is a common staller for a lot of people (myself included). I limit cheese to 1 or 2 ounces every few days. That works well for me
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

For me it definitely was.... I had to limit myself to 1 tbsp of cream, 1 tbsp of butter, and only 1 to 2 oz's of cheese a day...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 90.9/88.6/80

Height: 163cm

Thanks everyone. I cut down on my dairy, still eating butter, couple spoons cream for my cuppas and a bit of cheese. I eat my butter like a fat bomb. 20gms with a spread of Vegemite! So good!
And I'm pleased to say that I weighed in today at 88.6! Yay! So spent everyday since Thursday tracking my food. Got my macros on Saturday and nailed it! So happy to see the scales move down instead of up for first time in months
Jodaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #7  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Wow I love cheese lol. Does that mean I can't eat greek yogurt either? I have been eating the kind with 8 grams of carbs and 12 protein just one time a day though.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyMr View Post
Wow I love cheese lol. Does that mean I can't eat greek yogurt either? I have been eating the kind with 8 grams of carbs and 12 protein just one time a day though.
If you're doing Atkins Induction, greek yogurt is not permitted.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote