S/C/G: 285/165/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Well done article on why high fat works and is healthy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-epidemic.html
PrimalLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #2  

Going through some of the comments on the article, love this one. It could apply word for word almost to me and my wife. It is just so great for bringing down inflammation and helping the body operate optimally. So many people in Western countries are literally starving their bodies of the high quality natural saturated fats their bodies desperately need to function.

So they are always hungry and always declining instead of thriving because their bodies are never being given what they need to thrive.

"I've been doing Low Carb High Fat for 12 months now and it has transformed my life!!! When I started, I was 17stone, pre-diabetic, chronic asthmatic, terrible allergies that meant I had to take prescription antihistamines every day in order to function, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and regular eczema flare ups. Now, 12 month on this diet (which is so ridiculously easy and totally satisfying because I eat loads of cream, cheese and butter without worrying about it), I have lost 5 stone, am no longer pre-diabetic, cholesterol is normal, blood pressure is normal, I can't remember the last time I needed to take my inhaler or an anti-histamine and my eczema cleared up just over 10 months ago. This way of eating has improved my health dramatically and I would recommend it to everyone."
Old 01-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I also enjoyed that article. But it is also interesting because based on it fat could not be the story. Protein could be.

I guess we will never know. But I am definitely in the low carb, low fat, high protein camp. Belt and braces.

Last edited by IanG; 01-16-2015 at 10:53 AM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #4  

A lot of people succeed on low carb high fat, not low carb, high protein. But if you have found something that works for you, keep at it.