Old 08-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/180/130

Height: 5'3

Default Any ideas??? I'm in ketosis, but not dropping much weight

Hi everyone! I started low carb almost 6 weeks ago and I've only lost 8 lbs, but I've been in ketosis since day 4. I have quite a bit to lose, and I'm just not getting the results I expected. I'm definitely not complaining about the 8 lbs, but hearing about other people's huge drops makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Before low carb I was "clean eating" and walking a few times a week. It was hard for me because I was always starving and only losing about a pound a week. Which is hard to stay motivated for. That is one thing that I do love about low carb, I'm never hungry and lately I've noticed that I don't get hungry as often either. I can eat breakfast and be fine with just a snack until dinner.

I kind of follow the Atkins plan. I use their carb counter, recipes, and meal plans, but don't eat the bars, snacks, or shakes. Someone said sugar alcohols can make you stall, so I try to avoid them. I don't follow a strict induction plan, but do stay under 20 carbs a day. I also don't crave sweets that often anymore. Maybe once or twice a week, and I'll have a tablespoon of PB2 with a little sugar free whipped cream and be happy.

I've tried using the all mighty google, but I nothing I can find seems to apply to me. I drink tons of water (kidney stones), I avoid a lot of salt, I don't eat a lot of cheese, most of my carbs come from veggies, I try to eat mostly good fats, and I recently started walking again. I'm happy with how I feel on low carb, but starting to worry that maybe I'm one of those people that low carb doesn't work for? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!!

Last edited by ACJ29; 08-03-2014 at 01:53 PM.
ACJ29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Any idea how many calories you've eaten? When I did low carb (full induction phase) I did find that I also needed to keep track of my calories to lose (not saying everyone has to do that -- just that I needed to).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I second what Koshka suggested. I also still need to keep my calories in check to lose on low carb
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/180/130

Height: 5'3

I haven't been watching my calories at all. I read somewhere that low carb diets needed to be high fat, so I assumed that calories weren't as strict. I'll keep track today and see if that helps. Thanks!!
ACJ29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

I only lose if I count. Make sure you're at a 500-1,000 deficit each day and you'll lose! Check out reddit/r/keto for all the info you'll ever need.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Personally, I'd ditch the PB2 and the sugar-free whipped cream.

It also sounds like you may not be eating enough if you are only eating breakfast, a snack and dinner. You should be eating every few hours.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 09-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

Up your fat to 70-75% of your total calories and make sure you're at a deficit
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #8  

Have you had bloodwork recently? If you are truly eating what you say, there may be a medical reason...hypoactive thyroid, etc.
Icottie is offline   Reply With Quote