Starting again but not a lover of meat

• I've been down this road many times and I think one of the "road blocks" for me doing low carb is that I'm not a big fan of meat. I don't mind eggs and love dairy. Another thing is I have very sensitive teeth and biting into a warm soft piece of bread is more appealing than a cold crunchy salad. What's a girl to do?!
  • The base of my food pyramid are veggies. No doubt though meat is important for health.

I was listening to Denize Minger author of Death by Food Pyramid. Former vegetarian. She suggested oysters. This was for people with moral objections to meat. I am dealing with trying to get more organ meats in my diet and have psychological/taste concerns, so I understand.

We are trying different recipes and condiments with say liver until we get it to work.
  • Yeah, I know me and those are not going to happen! But thanks for your reply!
  • Quote: I've been down this road many times and I think one of the "road blocks" for me doing low carb is that I'm not a big fan of meat. I don't mind eggs and love dairy. Another thing is I have very sensitive teeth and biting into a warm soft piece of bread is more appealing than a cold crunchy salad. What's a girl to do?!
    The good news is, you eat eggs & love dairy You can make lots of meatless dishes. Check out these recipes for some ideas.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/meatless_recipes.html
    Hope this helps

• What's worse than vegetarian low carb is vegan low carb. I tried low carb before, adding eggs and dairy into my diet and did not work with my digestion. So I am having a very hard time figuring out what I can eat, if I want to go keto again. There is only so much coconut and avocado one can eat (and I was still eating 100g carb not 25)