3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Frustrated! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/291961-frustrated.html)

Piecukonis 01-22-2014 03:38 PM

Frustrated!

I started back on a low carb diet this month keeping my carbs under or at 20 net grams a day. I eat about 5% carbs, 30% protein, and 65% fats give or take a few and my calories are between 1400 and 1600 a day. My RDI to lose weight is 1800 so at 1400 to 1600 a day I should REALLY be losing weight.

I lost 6.5 lbs the first week (all water I'm sure) and NOTHING since. It has been about 1.5 weeks and I have not budged an ounce.. in fact, for a day, I gained a lb back. Now that last week I have been expecting TOM and started yesterday morning. Could that be it? Despite sticking to my diet 100% is it possible I will not lose and actually still gain just because of my period? Sheesh! It's bad enough that this time of the month is hard to avoid all the sugar cravings and chocolate I want but to be so diligent and still see nothing completely throws me over the edge. I do use keto sticks and I am showing ketosis still every single day in my urine.

I use NO artificial sweetners, NO soda, no fake foods like bars or shakes, and drink 120 oz of ice water a day. On the occasion that I do use AS...I make coffee with organic unsalted cultured butter (instead of cream...so yummy and velvety) and liquid stevia. So I have no idea what more I need to cut out. I feel like my only hope is eating plain fish or chicken with no salt or anything yummy on it and plain lettuce is the only way I will lose weight and I know that won't work for me.

UGH! I am really hoping and needing a whoosh when this week is up...then I will feel better. Still wrapping my head around the fact that this is a lifestyle change and not just a temporary "diet". Still dealing with trying to break all the habits and the yo-yo dieting mentality since I am a stress/emotional eater. Hope it gets better soon!

ames14 01-22-2014 04:26 PM

Hi.. All i can say is stick with it..
Im only on week 2.. but my first week. my period started 3 days into it.. and nothing happened actually i lost 3 lbs then again it back..
I was very frustrated.. Once period was gone. I droped 5 lbs..
Yes i know a lot is water weight.. But Its 5 lbs water gone LOL..

Hang in there..
give it 3 days after your period comes, and if the scale still has not moved.
then start posting what exactly your eating.
someone may be able to see what the problem might be..
and as always make sure your eating enough, so your body doesn't store..

Good luck! DONT GIVE UP!

Piecukonis 01-22-2014 10:48 PM

Thank you guys! I will keep all of that in mind. I will not give up. I may tweak things over time but I am not giving up on losing the weight for good this time. I have 2 kids I need to be around for.

ames14 01-31-2014 11:16 AM

How are you doing?
Have you lost anymore?

Piecukonis 02-03-2014 10:37 PM

Hi!! Yes I am down 9 lbs now but it is really slow going. I quit weighing myself daily because it seems that I lose and regain 1-2 lbs every day. I got down to 219 and have not seen the scale since and that was 2 days ago. I am using keto sticks everyday though to make sure I am staying under my carbs and tracking everything. I wish it could be faster for me like others I see on low carb forums but I guess I am destined to just get there when I get there. I have been wanting to throw in the towel but I refuse to. I am tired of starting over. :-)

sarahinparis 02-04-2014 02:43 AM

I don't think the comparisons to others help us much.

What I found was that when I was frustrated with losing too slowly to find it motivating, I needed to go back and read about the basics (Atkins, Taubes, Volek & Phinney, Jenny Ruhl). Then I started applying what I was re-learning, and cut back calories - because I can eat a heck of a lot of calories and still be under 20 g carbs. When I did that, and dropped protein to around 65-70g per day, I saw consistent, relatively-rapid loss.

It's definitely a more restricted way of eating than the front-cover marketing claims, but for middle aged women I think it's necessary for a lot of us...

vealcalf2000 02-04-2014 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahinparis (Post 4935865)
I don't think the comparisons to others help us much.

What I found was that when I was frustrated with losing too slowly to find it motivating, I needed to go back and read about the basics (Atkins, Taubes, Volek & Phinney, Jenny Ruhl). Then I started applying what I was re-learning, and cut back calories - because I can eat a heck of a lot of calories and still be under 20 g carbs. When I did that, and dropped protein to around 65-70g per day, I saw consistent, relatively-rapid loss.

It's definitely a more restricted way of eating than the front-cover marketing claims, but for middle aged women I think it's necessary for a lot of us...

LOL I'm so excited we have similar goals! Anyway, I just recently had to reavaluate my low carb diet because I had hit a plateau for 2 months after an illness. How frustrating to feel like I was doing everything right and not losing! I went back to square one and figured out I was sorely lacking vegetable in my diet and immediately added cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and other good veges to my diet and experienced a 6 lb loss! LOL I feel like my body is rebelling against me sometimes but obviously my body was telling me something I just had to listen!

ames14 02-04-2014 08:06 AM

Good foryou!! 9 lbs is great

Its slowly ..Crawling off me too.. im down about 5.5 lbs now. and its been a month. Sucks. one time in my life. I would of had 15 lbs off by now.
But the positive side is I am not gaining..

Keep us updated!

Locke 02-04-2014 02:04 PM

This is what's known as post-induction stall syndrome and is very common. You will notice the scale start to move in a week or two.

MugCanDoIt 04-02-2014 10:21 AM

yea, you gotta give it time. Its hard to wait though, I know.