What are your "go to" foods?

• I've lost 23 pounds since February limiting carbs. I'm not super low carb, just shooting for around 100 g of carbs a day or so, and that seems to do the trick. I'm getting into a bit of a rut, so wanted to get some ideas from some other low carbers out there to see what your go to foods - for either meals or snacks - are so I can mix it up a bit.

Some of my staples over the last few months:
    - mashed cauliflower with cream cheese and/or butter
    - cottage cheese
    - carrots and hummus (homemade or store-bought)
    - nut butters right off the spoon
    - raw almonds and sunflower seeds (I keep them in my desk drawer)
    - cold lentil salad with lots of veggies
    - beans with salsa and avocado
    - omelette with whatever veggies are on hand
    - egg salad either on its own or over greens
    - greek yogurt with berries and flax seed, chia seed and cacao nibs
    - apple slices and nut butter
    - grilled or baked salmon
    - canned tuna

A pretty good list, and tasty stuff, but I'd like to branch out. Ideas?
  • salmon fillets
    aged cheddar cheese sticks
    almonds
    portabello mushrooms (as replacements for buns)
  • Hard boiled eggs
    Egg scrambles
    Salami
    String cheese
    Tortilla-less taco: ground beef or chorizo, lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream avocado
    Pickles
    Cucumber salad: Sliced cucumbers and red onion with dressing (sour cream, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper)
    buffalo chicken thighs: Chicken cooked in buffalo sauce with celery and ranch/blue cheese dressing on the side
    Mashed cauliflower OR mashed turnips with butter/sour cream etc.
  • for snacks:
    cheese sticks
    turkey bacon
    nuts

for a quick mini pizza:
    a low carb tortilla topped with a simple marinara sauce (no added sugar), mozerella cheese, and turkey peperoni (and sometimes onion, green peppers).

for an easy dessert:
    ricotta cheese with splenda and either almond extract or natural peanut butter

I really want to do that cucumber salad!
  • I love:

cheddar cheese
    beef jerky
    all nuts
    apples - - I know not super low carb but I just love them!
  • Feta cheese
    Almonds
    Chia pudding
    Big train low carb vanilla frappuccino
    Bacon
    Spinach dip with celery
    Hummus with vegetables
    Eta: I am also loving Liberty 5carb yogurt with a bit of vanilla and a drop of liquid Splenda
  • This is my second time around, and from what I remember I always kept Beef Sausage (the kind you get on a party tray) in my locker at work, or in my car during the winter, for random cravings.
    I love metRX protein bars, the carb conscious ones are full of hidden sugar, but the regular ones with advertised 1-2g sugar are acceptable.
    Bacon wrapped chicken with homemade Alfredo and spaghetti squash.
    Tuna, lots of tuna. can be made many different ways, and the ONLY fish I can stand.
    I also made sugar free chocolate peanut butter pudding pie, with coconut crust, for the times I absolutely had to have something sweet.
    Experiment! If you are any good at cooking, start throwing together different combinations and see which you like!
  • I've been eating wheat-free low-carb since January and basically my diet is "normal" except I have almost entirely eliminated pasta/bread/rice/potatoes etc. and I calorie count to control my portions. It really makes my weekly food planning simple - whatever I want but not the carby stuff. And I've discovered some great substitutes for the things I've eliminated - mashed cauliflower, cauliflower "rice", z'oodles (zucchini noodles), etc.
  • I like to mix foods a lot. I'll put fruit such as sliced apples or peaches or cucumbers mixed in to my cottage cheese. I eat a lot of soup (now that it's getting cold outside) and lettuce wraps.
    If I'm feeling a little hungry I'll have a slice or two of turkey.
  • *roasted salted almonds
    *boiled eggs
    *hummus
    *water with fresh lemon juice
    *berries
  • nuts
    nut butters
    pepperoni and cream cheese
    liverwurst
    pickled herring
    cheese
    hard cooked eggs
    cottage cheese
    cream (especially nice in diet A&W root beer)
  • This thread is a good idea - one thing that helps me is focusing on the low-carb foods I really enjoy.

Staples of my diet :
    - avocado
    - salad w homemade blue cheese dressing (I love it on crunchy iceberg but I try to eat organic and organic iceberg is hard to find)
    - eggs
    - bacon
    - raw grass-fed butter
    - cream (grass fed small producer) - but I'm trying to moderate my consumption a bit it's very high calorie
    - cream cheese - same, trying to cut back consumption
    - cheese - I live in France and one of the great treats here is cheese! (Again, trying to limit consumption)
    - steak

I'd like to revisit this thread with a list of the main dishes I make all the time - will try to remember to do that.
  • Bacon
    Chia Seed pudding made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 2 tbsp frozen blueberries
    Salami
    Hard cheeses (Gruyere, Dubliner, Emmentaler)
    Eggs, especially fritattas
    Bel gioioso fresh mozzarella
    avocado
    raw almonds
    green and black 85% dark chocolate
    macadamia nuts
  • My Favorites are Cottage Cheese with chive,uncooked broccolli,salad or cantaloupe