For those in ketosis - how much weight are you losing?

• Per week weightloss that is.
  • I've done this a few times while trying to lose weight... and am doing it now. I would say the first week you lose a lot. (5-7 pounds or so) After the first week I found it reduces to more like 3-4 pounds. I think it also depends on your weight. If you have extra weight, it'll come off easier than someone trying to get those last few pounds off. Good luck!
  • That's good to know, thanks.

I am also doing a lower calorie ketogenic diet as well. I'm hoping I can lose a pound a day like the hcg diet. But I will see.
  • I am doing a lower calorie Atkins Induction (<20 net carbs per day).

I lose about 3-4 lbs per week.
  • I've been going for 3 weeks and have lost 13 Lbs, so a bit more than 4 Lbs a week (which will probably go down a bit because the first week had a bigger drop). So pretty much the same as others have indicated.

Best of luck.
  • It will depend on how much of a calorie deficit you can create. This is easier when you are heavier, so you'll loose more. Ketosis helps you to reduce the hunger and sugar cravings, but you will not burn more due to it. You loose a lot in the beginning because your body uses up glycogen, which also stores a lot of water. After that it is all calorie deficit. However, if you are facing hormonal challenges (e.g. related to insulin levels) that make weight loss harder, ketosis likely helps you to loose weight compared to conventional diets because it levels out insulin spikes.
  • well, i'm in my first week or so and i've lost a pound a day it seems. 9lbs so far.
  • thinking i might start this diet, wondering what food do you guys eat most often?
  • Quote: thinking i might start this diet, wondering what food do you guys eat most often?
    I primarily eat meat, fish, cheese, green veggies (broccoli, lettuce, green peppers), avocados, and a few nuts. That's pretty much it. I know you can eat several more things, but I'm one of those weirdos that don't get sick of eating the same things over and over.

It's really a great diet in terms of being able to feel full all the time (which has always been my biggest problem when dieting). It is, however, very restrictive in terms of the amount of things you "can't" eat.

Not sure this was a helpful response in any way... but there you go.