Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #121  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Mary Shady!

Have a GREAT weekend all; I know I intend to!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

I use a hand held milk frother to blend it all together bought it for 5 bucks at walmart, works perfect. I plan on going to the city this weekend to get chia seeds which is suppose to help with the big c! Looking around for natural products just means a city trip!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Made the whitecastle cheeseburger pie and it was delicious!! Dh loved it too!

Billie-r u using mct oil or coconut oil in your bulletproof coffee?
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #124  

Hey Mary! Hope your having a good weekend so far! I use coconut oil as i found a huge 1lb tub at costco for 10 bucks! So i need to use that up and i like the coconut flavor in my coffee it cuts the butter taste. I plan on buying the bulletproof beans in the next few weeks if they ship to canada- pretty
Expensive 18.99/ half pound or finding a high quality bean local. Your looking for organic mold free beans- so anything high quality not your foldgers can of coffee, even a local brand in canada kicking horse coffee would do as there would be less chance or littler mold.thats the main concept behind this odd creation for what i have researched anyways!

DH and i are both super sick with a nasty cold! All i wanted was comfort food last night so i bought GF chicken an rice soup and a loaf of GF bread and made grilled cheese. I know GF bread is not WB however it was better to have that then crappy wheat food and made me feel a little better.

Have a great weekend everyone- off to the city to get chia seeds and zucchini to make a pasta dish but sub the zucchini for the actual pasta. Can you share your meat pie white castle recipe?
Old 02-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #125  

Billie-Hope you both feel better soon. I know when I was sick last month all I could eat was soup. I can only have decaf coffee, wonder if that comes in a decaf version. I started putting a tsp of coconut oil in my coffee again. Will up it a little at a time. Feeling like I need more fat. Weight has been the same for 4 weeks now and I still have around 12 lbs to go just to be in the normal range for my height. Plus each morning when I wake up I have a slight pain in the back of my head and feel kind of crappy. I don't have all the energy everyone talks about.

How much fruit do you eat. I miss eating fruit!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #126  

Thanks Mary i hope i feel better soon too! All the girls in my department are sick as well! Decaf coffee will work just as well too! I have just been using normal coffee and it works just as well (the good beans is just the info/ science behind the reason as to why it works so well, have not used good beans yet so i do not have anything to compare it to just yet).

Fruit oh how i miss it! I have max 2 servings. Most days just 1 about 10 berries in unsweetened greek yogurt with a few tbs ground flax and 2 tbs chia seeds. However yesterday i ate two grapefruits! Trying to gets lots of vit c in me! Most days its just 10 blackberries. Summer will be hard- cherries and watermelon!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #127  

Hi, all!

Welcome, Amarantha2!

Hope you're feeling better, Billster.

I heard magnesium and vitamin C work well for the big "C". I know I always have to watch my magnesium levels. I can tell when I've skipped taking it - my guts, my muscles and even my skin. Most women have a magnesium deficiency.

In terms of organic coffee I've been buying Newman's Own. Not sure about the mold but my guess is it's not bad.

My one pound loss vanished. Back to the same old weight. I understand your frustration at not losing, maryshady.
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #128  

Had to let you ladies know- so i have only been taking chia seeds for two days! Well even though i am really sick with a nasty cold and been in bed since Friday i made a shake with the seeds this morning as my throat needed something cold, i feel full of evergy! I feel as if i shouldnt be taking the day for self care to get better but cleaning my house! Very odd for me as i have extreamly low iron and most days my energy is used just by going to work. So not sure if its a combo that the iron pills are helping and the chia seeds but whatever it is its awesome! Ill keep you all posted on my review of chia!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #129  

Billster,

In terms of the flax seed cereal, I found that the high fiber with the minimal liquid called for in the recipe had less than optimal effects. After that first day, I've been adding more liquid to the flax seed (50% to 100% more), and have noticed the beneficial effects of additional fiber. If you do actually double the amount of fluid, you will have to cook the mixture longer. I generally just use water to mix in, then have a tad of cream on top when it is done.

After becoming discouraged and eating a few more carbs than usual, my reappearing pound disappeared once again. How counterintuitive!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #130  

Finally the scale has moved!!! Down another .8 lbs! Flat at 160. The 150's stay very elusive!!! My dh is doing well (even though he cheats quite a bit!) He really wanted to do this for the weight loss and misses carbs horribly. He is down a total of 18 lbs! He only has about 5 more to lose. I was hoping he would catch on to this WOL but fearing he will go back to eating more carbs once he reaches goal. Oh well, each person has to do it for themselves.

Made oven fried chix tenders last night. They were delish. Dipped in egg then a mixture of flax meal & parm cheese sprinkled s & P, then poured about 2 Tbs of butter on them. Baked on a cookie sheet at 425 for 12 mins on each side. Delish!

Billster-How to you eat chia seeds? Saw someone soaked them in water and they grew??? lol! Scary! Glad you are feeling more energetic.

Determined-I always add more milk to that flax cereal. It is like paste if not. Take heart the process works. Add more fat if you are not losing not more carbs . that is what I did this week and it worked. I was stuck at same weight for 4 weeks now. I have at least 12 lbs for me to be in the "normal" weight range for my height. Started adding the coconut oil to coffee again, cooking eggs in coconut oil (was afraid to do this but there is absolutely no coconut taste to the egg. They tasted better than usual!

Have an awesome Friday!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #131  

I have chia seeds in many ways- in a smoothie, in flax seed cereal or yogurt (greek unsweetened).

I have upped my fat as well... it helps keep me fuller longer! Bullet proof coffe still awesome! lol On a hunt for MTC oil!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #132  

Ladies! How are we all doing??? My scale is STILL at a stand still - errrr! However im trying not to worry too much about it! Iron levels are going up slowly but still up! Cholesterol has dropped dramatically! From normal high to normal low levels! Woot woot! DH blood pressure is now normal! Our doc said 4 months ago he had 6 months to improve it otherwise BP meds (his whole family was on BP meds by 30!!!!) the health perks of WB out weighs weight loss any day!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #133  

Billster,

If you have gone on Clomid and are not gaining weight you are doing well. When I was on it, it was a constant battle not to gain 2 pounds per month. At the time I had a gain and loss of the same 2 pounds every month for months on end. When I stopped exercising the second half of the month to try to improve fertility, since at the time they were recommending no exercise after in vitro even though we weren't trying that, the 2 pounds stuck. So no loss on Clomid is still doing well.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #134  

Not on clomid yet.... Have to have a HGC test first (dye test to see if there are blockages first). I think its the iron myself! I have to take 3x300 mg a day as its super low! I think once my iron is up ill start to ovulate again and then bam it will happen! Posivite thinking of course! I didnt realize that you body will stop ovulating if you have low iron until a few months ago.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #135  

Billster,

If they are giving you a hysterosalpingogram (I'm not sure of exact term), make sure that you have someone to drive you home and also make sure to wear something very loose. My doctor's office forgot to tell me. I spent a lot of time sitting on a hospital locker room floor because I became so dizzy (grossness). I also had to abandon the car I drove there, and had to get a ride home, then retrieve the car later. Another OB/GYN said it may have been a reaction to the dye, but that he always told his patients to wear loose clothing and have a ride set up.

I don't want to scare you. I think that my experience is unusual. The loose clothing part is necessary though. Afterwards, I could no longer zip or button the jeans I wore there. Thank goodness my shirt was long!