Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Mary this sounds pretty good I must say!

One of my 15 minutes or less meals is rice free cabbage rolls! In a pan cook ground beef/ ground turkey (until half way done) then add some dices tomatoes or tomato paste, and cabbage (or coleslaw mix) cook until slaw is soft. It looks gross however tastes just like cabbage rolls! The I add some butter and GF soy sauce.

We have become hooked on the hot flex seed cereal from the book, soooo good! And filling! Have a great weekend all!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Here another good recipe I found for grain free Banana-Walnut Bread. Love this:

Grain-free Banana Walnut Bread
• 1 C almond flour
• 1/3 C coconut flour
• 3/4 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 3 TB coconut oil, melted (or butter)
• 3 eggs
• 2 ripe bananas, mashed
• 1/3 C sweetner
• 1 TB vanilla
• 1/3 c plus 2 TB water
• 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan with butter or coconut oil. (I used a silicone bread pan, and rubbed it with butter.) Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine completely. In a separate bowl, combine mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, syrup, vanilla, and water. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined, mix in walnuts.

Pour into prepared pan and smooth out on top. Bake at 350 for a total of 40-45 minutes (or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out cleanly), rotating once halfway through baketime. Remove to wire rack to cool, removing from pan after cooling slightly. Serve with butter, whipped cream or cream cheese. (Total carbs about 80 for the loaf, 5g net carbs each for 16 slices.)
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #78  

Billster-didn't think that hot cereal sounded appetizing at all but now am going to try it. Just get so sick of eggs for breakfast every morning. This week I even took soup two days for breakfast!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 148/136/125

Height: 5'6"

I hear ya Mary..I've dne six months now of protein shakes and very tired of it. I tried the WB recipe from the first book for a hot cereal and it was gross so hopefully the recipe you're talking about is different. I have a one minute muffin a couple of times a week and put diabetic jam on it. If you go on the fast paleo website there is some really yummy muffin recipes. I'm going to try the carrot ones today. Also I googled protein powder ideas for non shakes and got a bunch from the live strong website. There is one that is the protein powder with water and you make a pancake out of it. Simple and fast. I will let you know how the muffins turn out. Since its Sunday morning were having a bacon and egg breakfast which I'm looking forward to. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Sparkygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #80  

Sparkygrrl- yes that’s the one I’m talking about! However I had some vanilla extract and 1 c of almond milk and about 10 black berries. Myself and husband love it. I just pumpkin seeds in mine, hubby like sunflower seeds.

Frustrated this week! Weight stayed the same and inches are up ¼- ½ all over my body. So I think I’m retaining some water. TOM should be coming this week unless I get a BFP on the pregnancy test. Hoping for it but not expecting it. I always get myself all worked up that just maybe this time it will be but I’m trying to have a new approach on it so I don’t get myself all excited.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. The first week on WB I did not watch my fruit and on average was eating 1c berries or 4 kiwi’s and a grapefruit in the evening and every other day ½ banana. Now I’m really watching my fruits normally about 10 black berries in my flax seed cereal in the morning and I’m at a standstill. Hubby eats fruit all day long and has now lost 19 lbs. Maybe not enough fat. I donno however I feel like a million bucks these days!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:25 AM   #81  

Morning Ladies!!! Finally back down to the original 5.5 lbs I lost. Went out to dinner Thurs, Friday, & ordered out Sat. Lots of B-days last week in the family. Also had a couple of drinks. So all that put me up a lb. Been enjoying eating this way and nice to know that I can eat out 3 days in a row with only a 1 lb weight gain. My body is really sensitive to sodium.
Going to try a new recipe tonite called Crack Slaw. let you know how it is and then I will post it. Haven't tried making the cereal yet. Will do so this weekend.

Sparkygirl-thanks for the tips for recipes. I have found a couple of websites that have some fabulous recipes. haven't tried them yet. Doing one new one per week. One is Gourmetgirlcooks (or something like that) and against all grain. Just do a search.

Billster-Don't worry too much about the water weight which I am sure it is. Women's bodies fluctuate. My dh has not given up sugar and has lost 10 lbs! to my 5.5 lbs (the only sugar I have is 1 tsp in my tea each morning)

Have either of you bought the cookbook yet?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #82  

Oh I want to hear all about Crack Slaw!
I did buy the cookbook about 2 days after I started reading the book. I LOVE the cookbook and found it so worth the money. I have made rye bread and the cheese buns. Both were a hit! I have found however most of the recipes so far are a good base but I find that they are missing something. I really like a great deal of spice and flavor, so I find most of them a good starting point- except for the breads and buns. DH’s 29th birthday is this weekend and my 29th will be 6 weeks later……. so I will be trying to make one of the cheese cakes- wish me luck I have never been a baker, nor enjoy it too much.
This has been a HUGE hit of a side dish at our house this week- Cauliflower cheese bake! Found the recipe in one of those $2.99 magazines at the checkout. The WB Doctor released an extra 20 recipes into this magazine after his appearance on Dr. Oz. So here it is if you guys don’t have it-
1 head cauliflower
1 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs coconut flour
1 c chicken broth (or stock)
1/2c cream cheese
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
4 tbs parmesan cheese
1 small onion- diced small
Salt and pepper to taste

- Cut cauliflower into smaller parts (or use a bag of pre cut cauliflower) and boil for a few moments until soft but not too soft. Drain and add to a baking dish.
- In a frying pan cook onion with the coconut oil until soft. Reduce heat add chicken stock, coconut flour once it thickens add paper and salt, cream cheese, half the shredded cheese,2 tbs of parmesan cheese.
- Add sauce to cauliflower and top with the 2 remaining cheeses. Bake at 350 for 17 minutes or until golden brown.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #83  

Billster- I am making that tonite with chicken tenders!!! Sounds so good. The crack slaw was really good! My dh wasn't too impressed but I didn't have any sesame oil so I toasted up some sesame seeds & slivered almonds in butter and I used canola oil (I need to finish this before switching over). I didn't use the ginger (don't like ginger) and I used Erthriyol for sweetner. I also used regular yellow onions as I didn't have green onions! So I really changed it up!!

Good going to order the book this weekend from Amazon. Will check out the stores first but I couldn't find Wheat Belly anywhere around here and had to order it. Was down another .5 lb today so at 161.8!!!! Can't wait to get to the 150's!!

HAMBURGER CABBAGE STIR-FRY
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounce bag coleslaw mix *
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Pinch ginger, optional
Pinch cayenne, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons granular Splenda, optional
1 bunch green onions, cut on the bias (about 8 onions or 3 ounces after trimming)
In a very large skillet or wok, brown the ground beef with the garlic and a little salt and pepper. Drain the fat, if you like, or just leave it in. Add the cabbage and mushrooms and stir-fry until the cabbage is tender-crisp. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Makes 6 servings
Old 01-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #84  
Starting WB 2/11/13

S/C/G: 266.2/201.8/160

Height: 5'4

Hey Everyone,

I was on the Ideal Protein but quit in November and put on 20lbs and it's driving me crazy. I'm in the middle of the WB Book so once I am done reading I am going to start. Already purchased the cookbook as well. I need a lifestyle change and to not constantly feel like I am on a diet. I was always on 3 fat chicks for IP. So I am glad there is a thread for WB as well.
lindsayk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #85  

Lindsayk86- Welcome! First off let me say its nice to see a local around here! I live in Alix about 45 mins outside of Red Deer! Second I also did IP! I lost 75lbs last year phased off correct and continued to eat how IP said I should and within months it was all back on and an extra 10lbs! So gained a total of 85 back- This seemed to have happened to a whole lot of people I know who have done the diet, granted some went back to take out food where some like me kept everything under control. I went back to IP for 2 weeks and lost 10 and realized this diet is BS, so I’ll spend a wack load of my hard earned money, deprive my body and lose weight just to pack it on again. My doctor never agreed with diet from the start as I have hormone imbalances and IP messed that up even more which is horrible for me as we have been trying to have a baby for over a year now. Anyways there is my IP rant!
I LOVE WB! I’m 21 days in only lost 8 lbs however I feel if the weight comes off slower it was stay off longer. Inches are coming off at a nice pace too. A girl I work with has lost 0 lbs however has dropped 2 sizes in clothing but she works out and weight lifts. Anyway from coming from IP to WB was a great choice for me- I feel like a million bucks, never hungry and I get to eat! Eating out is not too bad either as most places offer GF menus. Any help on finding products in Red Deer let me know I have scoped out the best prices etc. Hope you decided to jump over to our ship!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM   #86  

Lindsay So glad to have you here with us. You will love this WOL. It is a bit overwhelming at first but I am enjoying learning to cook differently. So far I have loved everything I have tried. I started Jan. 2 and have lost 6 lbs so far. i would like to lose 20 total. My dh has lost over 10 lbs. and has cut way back on sugar but still consuming a bit.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #87  

WooHoo!! So excited this morning was down 1 lb from yesterday. So now at 160.8!!! Loving this plan.

Billster-tried the cheesy cauliflower last night. I loved it, dh didn't. He is finding out he is not too fond of cauliflower! I did modify my usual recipe for chix tenders and it was delish. I will post it later.

have a great Friday!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #88  

Way to go Mary! That's amazing news! Your doing SO well on this plan!

Happy you liked the cauliflower! I LOVE it! I found the extra recipes in Women's First Mag at the cash out. If they are not selling it anymore I could photocopy them and mail them to you if you would like.

I picked up everything to make cheesecake for DH's b-day this weekend.... I'll let you all know how it goes!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #89  

Hi, all!

Have been stuck at the same weight in spite of getting rid of what little grain was left in my diet, (which wasn't that much), or at least I thought I had. Though I just discovered the chili powder I'd been putting on my eggs to up the burn contains a trace amount of wheat. Who would ever have suspected? Wonder if that trace amount could cause a stall?

Nice to see all the positive results others are experiencing.

Dee
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #90  

Im in GF blueberry cheese cake heaven!!!! It turned out amazing if anyone wants the recipe let me know!

WI day tomorrow hoping my 2 pieces of cheesecake didnt kill it!!
DH and i came up with a plan his vacation is end of october this year so we decided if we are not preggers by then we are going for a week on the beach! If we are going back to ontario to see my family. Either way it will be great! So now i have motivation for which ever happens 1. Bathing suit 2. Healthy for baby. This will help keep me motivated and you ladies of course!