Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 235/205/165

Height: 5'4"

MIM is a Muffin In a Minute. I used almond flour, egg, milk, and butter and made it savoury with onion . There are lots of various recipes if you Google. I was not that impressed with mine..

Sorry the weight has come up again. Maybe it was the stir fry you had out and adding rice to it. Maybe there was wheat in the sauce ? Did it have carrots ? Carrots are not on the WB list. I saw on another post you have banana smoothies. They are very carby too. WB tries to keep carbs to 15g a meal and 50g for the day... It will take a few days to get your body back to WB after rice etc...Stay strong ! The supplements sound good. I take probiotics when I remember, and a B vitamin. My D is OK so I don't need that..
Nora52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Well my week one WI was not bad! Down 6 in total (1.5 more then xmas gain is off) and 4 1/4 inches! Im more then ok with this! I know carrots are a no no! Yeah i think the bit of rice did me in but this is a learning process! I cant expect to be perfect with a whole lifestyle change in one week! Ill google the muffins!
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 235/205/165

Height: 5'4"

Great work to lose that much in a week! Where have you lost the inches ? I am still not losing my waist inches which is annoying me. Hope the rice did not upset you too much. We have to learn as we go how certain foods affect us. Some of us are more sensitive than others.. Did you find any good MIM recipes ?
Nora52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #64  

Hey Nora,
No I didn’t find any good MIM recipes as of yet- only looked at a few when I had a bit of downtime at work. Most that I saw require sugar- Which I have cut out of my diet and I hate Stevia and sweeteners- they give me headaches. I ended up making the blueberry banana muffins from the book again last night and remembered the eggs this time! They are so darn good! I don’t mind using a banana in this as I have cut all bananas out but it requires 1 between 12 muffins so its really not that bad!
My inches were- Belly 2, arms 1/4 , calf 1/4 , thigh 3/4 , hips 1, and chest 0. I found it odd that there were none in the chest as every other diet I have done- chest goes first! I’m not over worries about the rice and the end of the day I feel so much better than I have in a LONG time! And I never once found myself feeling deprived or hungry.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Sorry I have been MIA this week. Started feeling sick on Sunday night and have been laid out since. Unfortunately went off WB while sick. Could not stomach the thought of drinking water and the only thing I wanted to eat was chix soup. Finally going to work today but plan on going back on plan today except for a little sugar in my tea as I still can not stomach coffee. Was up a lb. but TOM came on Monday too!
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 148/136/125

Height: 5'6"

How are you feeling now Mary? I agree is hard to be sick and wheat free. I think I ended up eating yogurt the last time I was sick but really wanted to eat toast. Thank you to whoever mentioned the gourmet girl cooks website. She's got some really good recipes on there and it's a very simple website. She had a good idea to use flaxseed in one of her recipes as opposed to breadcrumbs and I will try the next time I make meatloaf. I am still struggling with sugar cravings but bought some dark chocolate which is better I guess than peanut butter cups. Tomorrow I'm planning on trying to bake a few things so I have some more options. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Sparkygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #67  

Mary hope you are feeling better!! Being sick can throw everything out of wack!

I made the rye bread from the cook book! Amazing! Hubby is down 9lbs in 12 days!!! Also in 12 days his blood pressure is down to a normal range- this lifestyle clearly works! My scale has not moved at all- not sure what im doing wrong! Stopped eating all fruit unless its a banana split between 12 muffins with a few blueberrys in each muffin. Oh well overall i feel amazing and full of energy! Who knew i would feel the best i ever have in my whole life in just 12 days! This book has really inspired me
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #68  

Thanks guys I am feeling much better. Back to grain free today. Messed up a little this weekend. My dh and I are not finding the energy everyone talks about. We have both lost some weight, him-9 lbs & me-5 lbs in a little less than 3 weeks. But when we both do something strenuous we feel tired! He was carting wood yesterday and said his legs felt so weak which was not a problem before for him. I may just be still feeling the lingering effects of being sick.

Sparky-I love the gourmetgirl website. have found lots of great things on there.

Billster-Hooray for dh!!! Are you eating enough fat? Believe it or not you need to eat quite a bit of fat to lose weight on lo carb. How is your water intake. At least 64 oz a day?
Old 01-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #69  

Yes Mary, lots of water! I have a water bottle at my desk which is 24 oz's and I drink two of those at work and at least another one once I get home. I'm hoping just maybe I'll have a huge belly and a baby in 8 months... might just be! However not getting my hopes up to much. I also have to understand weight loss is not going to be rapid on this diet!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #70  

Billster-Keep us posted. If you are preggers, I think you will need to up your carbohydrate total for the day so ur not in ketosis. I think those that lose weight quickly totally go into ketosis like the Atkins diet. When I did that years ago I lost 5 lbs in the first week but felt pretty crappy. I will not give up my fruits or veggies this time.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone,

I just started wheat belly a couple weeks ago and I was loosing weight just fine but now i'm going the other way. I haven't even cheated once I just finished my period but the scale is up 5 lbs.

Any suggestions? I just don't get it.
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #72  

Oh Mary I'm just hoping that this time might just be it! We have been trying for a few years but the issues lie with me. We have been in contact with adoption and foster agencies but I will look more at that route once I hit 30 until then all I do is hope and wish! Anyways that’s enough of that! The concept behind ideal protein was being in ketosis- yes you lost weight fast but it came back on even faster! Something I’m not willing to do again.

RoxieK- Yeah another Canadian lady! Woot Woot! I’m still very new at this diet and I must say my scale jumps up and down each week! A few things I have noticed that affect me- not enough water, too many muffins, too much fruit and too many higher carb veggies! The first week I did not cook anything from to cook book and lost 7, the second week I made muffins and I was up .5lbs. At the end of the day I feel better than I ever have. Have you taken your measurements? I know from other diets that even with zero weight loss inches went down.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 148/136/125

Height: 5'6"

I have my fingers crossed for you....I have a friend who has wanted kids forever and finally met her life partner at age 38 and got married and they started trying right away and unfortunate had problems. They both have deficiencies and instead of spending all the mney on IVF they have decided to go ahead with adoption. It is a very exciting process and she is embracing it and I can't wait to meet the little one. No real point to this but just wanted to send you positive vibes. As for energy Mary I have not felt the energy increase that many on WB experience and am trying to regulate my sleep at the moment so I get eight hours every night and see if that helps my energy levels. If anyone else has a great recipe they have tried recently pls let me know!
Sparkygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Billster - Yes a fellow Canadian :-) I just did my measurements tonight. I did try a few different muffin recipes this week but most ended up being given away becuase I want my friends to see how good things can be without flour. Everyone really enjoyed them :-) I'm guessing water is the issue...i'm bad at getting my water in but I have been trying to get better at it.
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #75  

Down 5.5 lbs in 3 weeks. Very happy with that. Was sick last week so was eating soup with noodles in it for 3 days and not drinking any water & haven't given up all sugar yet. With that in mind very happy with the results. I could def stay on this WOE for the rest of my life. Don't miss the bread products at all. I would like to lose about 10-15 more lbs. Would like to see that by summer so am on the right track for that.

Sparky- Made this recipe the other night. I love it!

Guiltless Spaghetti

Ingredients (serves 3-4)
1 lb. package of ground turkey or ground beef
3 garlic cloves
1/2 medium sized onion, finely chopped
jar of spaghetti sauce (sugar free) or homemade
1/4 head cauliflower, finely chopped (you can put more cauliflower in the dish if you like, up to 1/2 head)
packaged coleslaw mix

1. Brown ground turkey/beef with garlic and chopped onion in a deep saute pan. Drain

2.Stir in finely chopped cauliflower (you may also add chopped green bell
peppers if you wish) and saute for 5-10 minutes til the cauliflower
picks up a little color.

3. Stir in tomato sauce.

4. Fill a deep pasta bowl with 3/4 cup of shredded coleslaw mix. Top with
a generous scoop of meat marinara.

5. Top with a few pats of butter and parmesan cheese.

It sounds weird but it is oh so good! Got this from the 17 day diet website & modified it for WB.

Last edited by maryshady; 01-24-2013 at 07:24 AM.