Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies. I am going to join in, if you don't mind. I am allergic to wheat, so I am basically gluten free.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome cemommster!!!
Cinders35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Still doing good. I am still eating an apple a day and some berries. Is that too much fruit? Was down another.4 lbs this morning. But i am really hungry today. Made pancakes for breakfast (not the ones in the recipe above) they were ucky but I ate them anyway. Going at to dinner tonite but already know what I am ordering. Salad w/ranch dressing, filet mignon & creamed spinach. I would like to have one drink any suggestions?

Nora-will try to CO in my coffee tomorrow morning. think I'll start with a tsp as I have read it gives some gastro distress if not eased into the diet. Did you have that problem? You also mentioned something about carrots. Are there veggies we are suppose to avoid?

Cinders-I have noticed that my throat is really dry and sore when I wake up at night. Ok during the day but dh said his mouth feels dry. I also try to drink between 60-80 oz of water per day. Congrats on finishing your 1st week. Can't wait to hear your results. I measured this morning too. i will check again in a month on those measurements to see how well I did.

Sparkygirl-

Have a great Saturday!!

Last edited by maryshady; 01-05-2013 at 01:59 PM.
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cemommster View Post
Hi ladies. I am going to join in, if you don't mind. I am allergic to wheat, so I am basically gluten free.
Glad to have you with us!!!
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 148/136/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Nora I tried the coconut oil in my coffee and it wasn't for me, as too oily. I really wanted to love it. I'm glad it works well for you. I should go back to having my one tbsp a day straight up. Thanks for letting me know about the oatmeal. I think I will have to reread the book, I didn't remember the part about keeping carbs to under the fifteen grams per day. I may just buy the new cookbook as some of the reviews on amazon were that the first part of the book was a review. Mary, sorry the pancakes didn't turn out. Recipes are often disappointing I find. I do have a recipe for quinoa quiches that you make in muffin cups which are a great snack. I often use lettuce as wraps for tuna or salmon salad and also those rice wrappers are good. I find I need to change it up often so I don't get bored. Welcome to cemmonster!
Sparkygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkygrrl View Post
Hi all,

Nora I tried the coconut oil in my coffee and it wasn't for me, as too oily. I really wanted to love it. I'm glad it works well for you. I should go back to having my one tbsp a day straight up.
Straight up doesn't sound any more palatable than in coffee (sounds even worse to me).

You don't have to eat coconut oil straight up to get it's benefits. You can use the coconut in place of butter and oil in recipes and sauteeing, or you can eat whole coconut foods that naturally contain coconut oil.

Foods that naturally contain the coconut oil are fresh or dried unsweetened coconut, unsweetened coconut milk (not the light, it sometimes has almost none of the good coconut oil and even added sugar), and coconut butter or coconut manna (they're the same thing - made from ground coconut just like peanut butter is made from ground peanuts).

If you're going to eat a straight tablespoon of something, coconut butter is a better choice. Not only does it tastes better and have a better texture, it also has a bit of protein and fiber, and the oil is in a much less processed, more natural state.

That's true of coconut (fresh or dried, unsweetened), coconut milk, and coconut butter (manna). The coconut oil is the main source of calories in all three, and it's an unprocessed coconut oil. In the coconut and coconut butter, the fiber and protein are an added bonus (Coconut milk also has some fiber and protein, but not as much as the whole coconut foods).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #22  
Happy Member

Well, I like my coconut oil "straight up."

I like my coffee black.

It just shows that we are all different. Currently I am trying to eliminate wheat and wheat products from my food intake. So I am enjoying this thread, although I'm not following the Wheat Belly diet totally.

Best of luck to all of you.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 235/205/165

Height: 5'4"

Welcome cemommster! I am Celiac so am off wheat too but I made the mistake of eating GF products and gained 50 pounds !! Glad to have you aboard!
Nora52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #24  

Hi Sparky, Sorry you did not like the CO in coffee idea. Was that with milk or black coffee. I use mine with milk coffee. But we are all different. Maybe you can spread it on your lettuce wraps ! I found a great recipe online for bacon quiches. Can we post links ? I really want to try these. I can't remember now where I read about the 15g serving rule. It may have been the FB page or comments on is Blog.. he answers and often adds some more info. Sounds like you are doing well though. Better than me. I have really been slack during the holidays but must get back to it again this week. Ugh - I hate plateaus !

Last edited by Nora52; 01-06-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #25  

Glad to hear you are still doing good Mary. That is awesome ! I don't think an apple a day and some berries is too much if you are still losing weight and not hungry. Just do what feels best for you. I use my hunger as a guide as when my Insulin gets out of control - I get hungry between meals and snack more.

Sorry the pancakes did not work out. I have been finishing off the last of my GF pancake mix . When that finishes I will be looking for waffle recipes myself. I like almond flour and coconut flour baking - did you use them ?

I did not have any problems with the CO but I started slowly with a small teaspoon. Some people are using 4 tablespoons ! Be careful if you think you may have a problem.

Carrots, beets, potatoes are not really WB friendly. Too sweet and carby they say. Same for butternut although some squashes are OK. Zucchini is good and can be used for layering a casserole or lasagne instead of pasta. Can we post food links ?

We have been on holidays and its harder! I have been having wine at nights and it is probably too much ! Back to the plan this week. I have a mini goal of 199 before my next Dr's appt in a month. 6 pounds to go... but I have plateaued and need everyone's help !

I think there is another Topic somewhere about the nightmare 200 number ? Why do we stop at 200? Dr D says if the plateau is too long then to drop the dairy for a couple of weeks ... sigh.. I love my dairy...
Old 01-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 148/136/125

Hi Nora,

That is awesome only six more pounds to go, you can do it! The holidays were hard on me and I got my sugar addiction back so today is my first day without it and I am excited. I know I will start to feel better in a couple of days and then I won't miss it. I tried the co with cream in my coffee. I'm still glad you suggested it, I love hearing new ideas. I am also trying to cut my dairy down which will be hard for me but I have stopped drinking it and now use unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies. I think it would be near improbable to give up my Greek yogurt and coffee cream. I have heard that non dairy cheese is good and am planning on buying some. I am looking forward to buying the WB cookbook to try some new things and there is also a paleo cookbook I may purchase at Costco. Happy Sunday to everyone!
Sparkygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #27  

Hi Sparky, It is only a mini goal.... but I am stuck ! Of course the holidays did not help. We are restarting together so that is awesome ! Curing the sweet addiction is tough but worth it... it is only a day or two of pain!

I wonder if cream would be better in my coffee than milk ? Less carby ? I only have 2 cups a day but would miss the dairy. The only almond milk the store stocks here ( it is a small town) has sugar in it - so that is no good.

I am totally committed to getting fit and trim this year! Last night hubbie and I were discussing the weight training , and now we plan to convert the spare bedroom... so I will have even more chance to train! Hubbie trains but the gear is scattered all over the house and packed away at times... Now we will have a room set up permanently. I am excited !!
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #28  

I just checked and the milk is 6g carbs per coffee ...so 12g a day I don't need. Does anyone know how much cream has per serve ?

And - not sure if I can mention but I saw that Dr D is on CBS breakfast show tomorrow.. for those that want to watch..
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #29  

Hi JoJoJo ! 86yo , Breast Cancer survivor and computer smart ! Wow !!! Welcome !
Old 01-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #30  

Bacon !

OK- now I have your attention This is the recipe I want to try... Don't you think it looks brilliant ?

http://www.fatgirltrappedinaskinnybo...acon-egg-cups/