3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Wheat Belly-January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/272085-wheat-belly-january.html)

Billster 02-14-2013 11:32 AM

Deetermined2- Way to go on the loss! Awesome news! My fav recipes from the cookbook- Cheddar cheese buns Mmmmm, cheese cake and rye bread! All the ones I have tried are amazing, however I find the soups are missing something and I ‘beef’ them up a bit. However a great starting base.

Mary- Let me know how the pizza makes out! I have been meaning to try it but ended up making a pizza crust out of cheese and chicken breast which was by far the most amazing thing I have ever had. Since I have been taking the iron my scale is up 5 lbs and will not go down even though I have been strictly watching my carbs and keeping them around 35-44 per day.

Have a great day ladies!

coffeebrain 02-15-2013 11:32 AM

maryshady, I just read your first post on this thread, and thank you so much for mentioning Gourmet Girl Cooks. Those recipes are awesome! Thank you!

I am not on the Wheat Belly Diet per sey (I do have the book), but since I eat low glycemic and avoid gluten, I guess I am by default! I'd like to join you all on this Wheat Belly chat. Giving up gluten changed my health around 180 degrees!

Billster 02-15-2013 12:31 PM

coffeebrain- welcome! The more we have the better! I know in the 5 weeks I have given up gluten I sure as heck feel so much better!

coffeebrain 02-15-2013 12:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome! And your cheesecake recipe looks awesome!

maryshady 02-15-2013 02:07 PM

coffeebrain-Welcome to our group. So glad to have u!!! Gourmet girl has some awesome recipes. :) I feel so much better too. I sleep so much better and my relationship with food is that of a normal person now!!

Billster-I might make it tonite. Please post your recipe too!

coffeebrain 02-15-2013 07:22 PM

Mary, I hear you. It still amazes me that I'm not prone to overeat anymore. And believe me, I could sock it away. That change alone is like a miracle!

deetermined2 02-15-2013 09:48 PM

Welcome, coffeebrain.

And thanks Billster and maryshady for the list of your favorite recipes from the book. I am much more apt to try something that comes recommended. I'm somewhat of a reluctant cook, (not that I don't usually cook dinner from scratch almost every night).

maryshady 02-17-2013 01:20 PM

Never got around to making the pizza but did make the cheesecake today. Let u know how that turns out later. Looks delish!

Billster 02-18-2013 11:48 AM

Well bullet proof coffee was not as bad as i thought it would be! Will be having it again! So far not hungry but its only been a few hours lol

Mary how did the cheese cake turn out? I made another one raspberry lemon this time!

maryshady 02-19-2013 07:13 AM

What's in the bulletproof coffee again? Was drinking mine with coconut oil and then stopped. Should start that again.

I had a terrible weekend! ugh! ate things I should not have ate and I am in a really bad mood today! Keep thinking it is the carbs that did it. Back on the wagon today. Will never have chips in my house again!

Billster 02-19-2013 08:05 AM

Bullet proof coffee- coffee with coconut oil and butter added to it. I did add a splash of almond milk to it as well! Made it again this morning to drink drivingg to work and will see how long it will keep me full. Being at home yesterday was not a good way to judge as i ate everything yeaterday due to boredom!

deetermined2 02-20-2013 06:18 PM

I haven't tried the bullet proof coffee yet, but I did get around to trying the flaxseed cereal. It is definitely better than it looks, with the bonus of lots of fiber.

One diet book I've been reading suggests that eating 25 grams of fiber per day helps to reduce inflammation so that it is easier to lose weight. If so that cereal should get you half way there.

Billster 02-20-2013 09:20 PM

Fiber is no issue for me most days im 30+ grams. However since i have been on the iron pills i have been having HUGE big "C" issues!!! I have to break down to take some laxatives. I added an extra two servings of fruit a day and its starting to help a bit and i know that will hurt weight loss however im thinking long term- take iron feel better mentally and have more energy which will then allow me to lose more weight as ill have energy to exercise etc or stop taking the iron and sleep 11-14 hours a day. Hmmm im thinking the iron is the best bet! So happy im GF now! Could you believe how crappy i would feel with a belly full of pasta and not able to go to the bathroom!!!!

Amarantha2 02-21-2013 07:35 AM

Hello, I am happy to find this group. I am not per se doing low carb & do not totally even agree with everything in the Wheat Belly book but reading it gave me some hints that I might like to try a wheat free lifestyle & I am doing a test until March 20 when I will evaluate further but I do know I feel better than I did & this way of eating is very agreeable to me & easy to do. Weight loss is not my objective in avoiding wheat, I just feel better, although I have had a few periods of missing my lifetime of wheat being my major food. But those have been very minor.

maryshady 02-22-2013 07:16 AM

Morning Ladies. Well scale finally got back down today after my episode on Monday!! ugh! Having a good week. Mood is back under control. I am going to try to make the Whitecastle Hamberger pie recipe someone posted on the wheatbelly facebook page. Let u know how that turns out.

Billy-are you whipping up your bullet proof coffee in a blender? they were saying that makes it real frothy. Can't imagine butter in coffee but may try it.
How about adding some benefiber or physilium husk to your diet. I think you can just sprinkle over veggies or soup with no added taste. That may help in the C area.

Amarantha-Welcome!

Determined-Hi!!

Have a great Friday!!