3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Wheat Belly-January (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/272085-wheat-belly-january.html)

deetermined2 02-03-2013 10:09 PM

Billster,

Would love that recipe for GF blueberry cheesecake!

Thanks,
Dee

maryshady 02-04-2013 07:16 AM

I would love that recipe too!!!

Billster 02-04-2013 10:30 AM

Ok Ladies here we go!
There are 3 parts to the recipe! I made it in a pie dish and worked out perfect. The only thing I would change next time is if I was making a blueberry topping I would not add as much lemon but if I was making a raspberry topping I would use that much lemon. I used splenda for the “sugar” so you could use stevia however I did not have that much on hand, I don’t know about other sweeteners as these are the only two I can find in Canada.
Crust
1 ½ c ground nuts (I used almond flour)
½ c splenda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract (pure)
Combine all ingredients and use your fingers to push down and spread to make a crust. I also sprayed the pan with some olive oil so it wouldn’t stick. I also made the crust all the way up the sides like a pie crust.

Filling
16 oz cream cheese
3/4c sour cream
½ c sweetner
Dash of sea salt
3 eggs
Juice from one lemon and lemon zest from peel
2 tsp vanilla extract pure
Combine all of these ingredients and beat well with a hang mixer. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean

Topping
As your cheesecake is baking on the stove top add 2 cups of blueberries (or any berries- if its strawberries cut into smaller parts first)
1-2 tbs butter
¼ c heavy cream (I used whipping cream)
1 tbs sweetener
Melt butter in pot add blueberries, cook on medium heat until blue berries start to break down. Add cream and sweetener, continue cooking on low med heat for another 15-20 minutes stirring every couple minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temp.

Let Cheesecake cool for about 1 hour then add topping. Cover and put in fridge for at least 3 hours. Sounds like a great deal of work however most of the time was letting the darn thing cool!

**Also on a great note- scale was down 2lbs today! Woot woot!

deetermined2 02-04-2013 03:39 PM

Thanks, Billster,

And congrats on the loss!

Dee

maryshady 02-05-2013 07:07 AM

Woohoo!!! on the loss, Billster!!!

I am def making this recipe this weekend. Will cut up and freeze the slices.
still hanging out at 160.8-161! Did have a few cheats on Superbowl Sunday. Looking forward to being in the 150's!!!

Billster 02-05-2013 10:41 AM

I dont know how it will freeze but let me know cuz I might just do this as well this weekend! I forgot to add I did add 2 or 3 tbs of coconut flour to thicken it up a bit - to the topping. I found the topping recipe on marta stewart and she called for real sugar and corn starch so I changed it to splenda and coconut flour just an FYI

maryshady 02-06-2013 06:45 AM

What do you eat for breakfast?

Billster 02-06-2013 10:23 AM

Eggs on the weekend with cheese buns (from the cookbook) during the week protein shake with 10 blackberries, spinich, 1tbs coconut oil (keeps me fuller longer and helps get good fat in) 2 tbs sugar free almond butter and 1 premire nutrition ready made chocolate protein shake (low fat, 2g sugar, 1carb) blend it all up- heaven! I drive two towns over for work 35 mins and i dont have time to cook. My other option is flax seed cerial i have that tues/thursday and eat at my desk. DH has hard boiled eggs or flax seed cerial all week.

maryshady 02-07-2013 07:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't get to leave for lunch until 1:15-1:30 each day. If I have breakfast at 10 am do u think that shake will keep me full. It would sure beat making eggs every morning. I love eggs but you get sick of them after a while, kwim? Where did u buy the protein shake at?

Was up .8 lbs this morning. Don't know what is going on. I don't think my TOM is until next week. Probably shouldn't weigh every day but I am in the habit of it! lol!

Billster 02-07-2013 10:19 AM

Oh I hear you on late lunches! I get to work at 8am and have lunch some weeks at noon some at 1. I found the shakes (premier nutrition- pure protein) when I was trying to cut down some costs on Ideal Protein diet. I get them at Costco 18 for $25 in the vitamin section. DH loves them for work as he finds they give him a boost for his long work hours, I like to beef mine up a bit. A few others (however I’m not sure if they are GF or not) would be EAS Advantage- Walmart, Muscle Milk shakes- costco (maybe sam’s club in the US) and I think the atkins shakes would work to however I’m not sure on sugar/ carbs. I’m in Canada so these for sure I know I can find up here in the north lol. However I think any good whey protein powder would work as well (just check GF) ISO flex is a top notch brand a bit expensive at first 5lbs for $100, chocolate peanut butter is excellent and then mix with milk or almond milk. The ones I use have 30g protein and it keeps me going all morning, but I add bunch of other things like spinach- can never go wrong with spinach! The flax seed cereal looks disgusting! However I add 10 blackberries to it and this keeps me VERY full!

On another note had blood work done last week, came back perfect- cholesterol has made a dramatic drop and is well within normal range (was normal- high 4 months ago). However my iron is extremely low! Not caused by the diet but TOM! Ever since I went off the pill TOM has been ****! Super heavy and bad cramps. So my doc said I have to take iron every day now as food will just not be enough to get it up to normal, he also think that because my iron is so low I’m not ovulating which would explain why I’m not preggers yet. He’s also putting me on Clomid for 6 months to get my ovaries doing what they should be doing. Sorry if its TMI but my friends just done get it they all had babies without issues and keep saying “Oh Billie it will happen….” I’m sick of hearing this after 3 years of 2 pregnancies and no babies at home (one was a natural miscarriage and 1 had to be a DnC due to no heartbeat at 12 weeks- at least with that they could find out that I don’t produce progesterone so when it happens I’ll have to take a hormone pill for 3 months). Anyways thanks for listening, have a great day everyone ~Billie~

Billster 02-08-2013 01:50 PM

Have any of you had 'Bullet proof coffee'???? Coffee, coconut oil and butter- yes all three! I'm going to try it... lol

maryshady 02-11-2013 07:29 AM

Billster-Thanks for the info on the protein powder. Have to go to BJ's (like costco) next week so will check them out. Hope everything works out for you with the fertility meds. They made my sister in law crazy while taking them (but she is a little crazy on her own!) So sorry to hear about your two loses (((hugs))).

I liked the flax cereal but didn't have unsweetened coconut flakes so I used the sweetened ones. When I ran it thru a carb count! way too high. Couldn't find any around here so had to order off Amazon. Finding I can't find a lot of stuff. I just ordered the garbanzo bean & coconut flours, walnut & sesame oils, and the coconut flakes all from Amazon. I think I relatively have all the basics now for most of the recipes. It can get expensive!!

I just put coconut oil in my coffee but haven't tried that recipe. Let me know how it tastes and how full it keeps you.

have a great Monday!!

Billster 02-11-2013 05:35 PM

Hey Mary… I will try bullet proof coffee this weekend and let you know my review! I’m drinking my coffee black now! I have been using my fitness pal app on my iphone to track carbs to make sure I’m not going crazy! Well I never thought to add my coffee (duh!) well my ex Tim Horton’s coffee with 2 milk has 8 carbs in it!!! And most days, hate to admit it but I have 2, that’s 16 useless carbs!!!!!

I made cheesecake AGAIN this weekend- I think I’m in LOVE! I used some DaVinci syrup (0 carb, 0 sugar, 0 cal) in the amaretto flavoring… WOW! I was in heaven!

I have not used too many flours, mostly ground almonds and coconut flour. I plan on buying a food processor soon and making my own ground almonds it was cost so much less as a massive bag of whole raw almonds from costco is 15$ and to buy it pre ground at Bulk Barn for the same amount is almost $50!!! What are you going to use the chick pea flour for? I’m surprised you cannot find much where you are! I’m in a real rural area and drive to the city to get the odd few things I can’t find here and to go to costco but most I can find here.

deetermined2 02-11-2013 10:37 PM

Finally, broke my very long plateau and am down a pound!!

Was afraid I might have to give up dairy besides all grains to break the stall, but fortunately that wasn't necessary.

Giving up all grains, plus dairy, plus almost all sugar, and severely limiting fruit would have left me feeling very deprived.

I have gotten around to reading most of the book, (though I have to admit I skipped some of the stuff about the wheat, since I'd read about it from other sources and have been wheat-free for many years), or at least all of part two.

I have yet to try any of the recipes. What are your favorites?

maryshady 02-14-2013 07:13 AM

Billster-The chickpea flour is for the pizza recipe. Want to try that this weekend!
Also making the cheesecake this weekend as we are having a January birthday party for all the members of our extended family. Looking forward to it. I am stuck at 160.8! ugh! haven't moved but up & down by 1 lb for the past two weeks! frustrating. But i am on TOM this week so hopefully that number will be lower by the weekend.

Determined-:carrot::carrot::carrot: On the weight loss!!! So wonderful to see the scale move downward. My favorite recipes are the banana walnut bread i posted on this link, the guiltless spaghetti, & the hot cereal ain't bad either! I am trying the pizza and cheesecake this weekend. let you know how they turn out.

:val1::val1: Happy Valentine's Day....back away from the candy!! lol!