Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/149/125

Height: 5'1"

Default Anyone else worried about this weekend? (Suuuuuperbowl!)

So am I the only one nervous about this weekend?

As it is, its difficult to stay on track on weekends for reasons you can imagine. But the hardest is going out.. and especially going to friends' houses!

And Superbowl weekend is always a fun party that just wouldn't be complete without the fried chicken, chips and dips, cookies, cupcakes, and crackers, oh my! ... and of course... lots and LOTS of BEER!

I'm tempted to stick my head in a hole this weekend, but I'm actually a huge football fan (Go Giants!). So no way I'm spending Superbowl weekend in isolation.

So what are you guys doing this weekend?
Any ideas and not being miserable cuz you can't eat/drink much?

Last edited by Forevermercy; 01-31-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Forevermercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #2  

We are going to our friends house, I plan on eating before we get there and arriving full!

I find that I am much less likely to pick at everything I shouldn't eat if I am not hungry for it.

This will be the first Superbowl that I ever planned to eat healthy and on plan so we will see! Usually it's eating so much that I have a food hangover the next day!

My weigh-in is Monday morning so if I go off plan, the scale will spill my secrets!

Good luck!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/178/130

Height: 5'3"

I completely understand and feel your pain! LoL My team is IN the superbowl this year (GO NINERS!) so I know we will be eating and drinking the day of the game. If we go to one of the many football parties we were invited to, I plan on taking a vege and dip tray so i have something I can actually eat, and maybe some chicken wings incase they are bbqing something i cant have, like carne asada. I also will stick with wine instead of beer...i noticed i get less bloating and i don't see a big difference on the scale the next day Good Luck!! I know i'll need it LoL
MzPiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

YES lol. And I'm going to a birthday party tonight to boot. I made a ton of low carb food to take with me for both occasions. 'Failure to plan is planning to fail,' and all that.
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

You have 2 options....eat before going out....or....bring foods with you. Low carb foods can be very tasty, meaning you don't have to tell anyone else its low carb A cheese & pepperoni tray, a raw veggie tray with some ranch dressing, deviled eggs, jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon, cheese "crackers", low carb deep dish pizza, heroin wings with bleu cheese dressing. There are lots of possibilities to keep you on plan.
I personally would stay away from the alcohol because its just not worth messing up what you've already worked so hard to acheive.
Enjoy!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I live very near Baltimore. I just went to the grocery store and O.M.G. it's crazy in there WAY more than usually and of course it's because the Ravens are in the superbowl.

Now, I'm married to a European who could care less about football. My older son doesn't care either, but my 7 year old is all hyped up because all his classmates are all hyped up.

So, I'm making taco salad for dinner (no party).

It's mostly romaine lettuce, some green peppers with homemade salsa and ground meat (man - I forgot to buy the meat at the grocery store I just realized!) Some avocado, a bit of cheese and then just for flavor, a sprinkling of low carb chips on top for crunch. Totally healthy meal and way yummy.

Two big platefuls of that is like 500 calories and soooo yummy!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/207/140

Height: 5'5

I got tickets to wing buffet and Buffalo Wild Wings. I will be indulging and starting over on Monday....
ohmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

I plan to make kale chips and use cucumber round "crackers" with a spreadable cheese. We are going out to someone's house to watch but it will be a small group and shouldn't be too much other food to worry about.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote