Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #91  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

it is, this one seems much easier.

I had half a breakfast burrito today for Breakfast
Strips of steak and 2 kisses
I had a tortilla pizza for dinner and a Sugar free jello.

I didn't even snack today! I am kinda proud of myself.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I thought snacks were important so we don't go longer than 5 hours without a protein or did I goof that up ?

Nothing new on my end. I'm still cranky , which was pointed out to me last night. I admit I already knew it, so obviously the whole feeling of peace and light that descends upon us after day 3 has missed me...lol. I am also very tired, but I was tired before I started. The only time I really crave anything is if something is near me, for instance the watermelon in the fridge looks so good.

Now that being said, I'm being very good food wise, staying OP. I'm taking the vitamins and drinking the green tea. Exercise is difficult but not impossible and I need to bump it up. The only other thing is as the norm I'm NOT eating my allotted carbs. It's just easier to eat from the yes list and not have to worry about it.

So this morning for breakfast I had one of the "in question" tortillas that pkg wise says it's legal carb wise...lol with tuna and avocado. We'll see if that helps.

I have lost weight, and I believe inches.... my clothes are looser. I am not jumping on and off the scale this time around cuz it will mess with my head.

The other subject at hand, the lunch at work, nobody has touched the duplicate lunch in the breakroom fridge I have been carrying in . Mgt talked to the person they suspected, maybe they complaints about him before I don't know I didn't ask. He denied it and so far it's been hands off , so nobody has been dyed to look like they are turning into a blueberry...lol
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Jab, you are correct, we have to eat every 5 hours, but if our meals are not more than 5 hours apart, we are not required to snack.
I don't remember reading about 5 hours with out a PROTEIN. I may have missed that, it would make sense though....I just read 5 hours without eating something.

I didn't have a great feeling on day 3 either!
I understand about skipping the carbs. I usually try and get them in, but often I forget at the right time and then want to wait and have them with my meal. THEN I get crabby....lol ! grrrrrr I say, I missed my chance now I either wait or have nothing to eat for supper!

That is good you aren't getting on the scale if it will bother you if you gain. It said in the book we would loose irregularly and it IS true. I lost then gained 2 or 3 lbs of it back for over a week, then now I'm down again. just don't get on the scale if that will upset you. but DO measure! I almost did not but now I am really glad I did. End of next week I"ll measure again and see what it is before starting Step 2.

Wish you all where close to Step 2 as well, I can see it is a whole new plan and I"m not that excited about making a change.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Jab, make a cup of broth chicken or whatever, those symptoms are usually too low sodium, or start using a tad more salt.

Yeah, Aunt Nelly I am having a hard time mentally/medically to start anything with gusto I have been general lc the last few days fbs was 104 this morning instead of 130, and in the 90 during the day yesterday so that is good.
I did take my measurements when i started a few weeks back so do have them for a baseline. I need better tracking for a while, I keep missing the 5 hr window because I don't have a normal schedule right now. I don't know why I am having a hard time with that, but will get there maybe need an timer to go off at 4.5

Do yo guys notice anything much with the green tea, I don't like it so not using it. Have always taken vits so ok there.
Glad everyone is doing well and can't wait to ear you all down mucho inches!
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #95  
Kandie Apple Sundae

Jab. I eat at 9 am and have my 5 carbs:
Today is was toast without the crust and a tsp of sugar free preserves and 2 eggs

Then at 2pm I will have my lunch. Which I might do half a tuna sandwhich without the crust and go for a 1 kiss as well, then I will make some sugar free jello for a snack if I need one.

then at 7pm I will have dinner: Last night it was a Tortilla Pizza. Tonight I might do Cheesey burgers again with some brocoli and Green beans.

Then at 11:30 - Midnight I will have my 5 carbs before going to bed. Last night it was 2 kisses. I don't get up for the next 5 hour one, that just messes my whole day up then.

If I feel snacky I have some peanuts, but I haven't felt real snacky.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #96  

Yes, setting a timer is a great idea! I think she even suggests that in the book because it is SO important to eat something every 5 hours.

Double checked the book and she says eat a meal or snack every 5 hours. I don't see a reference to a specific kind of meal or snack.

You do not HAVE to eat CARBS every 5 hours, just something ... a meal or snack. However you can not have carbs LESS than 5 hours apart on Step 1.

In Step 2 which I am starting to try and understand, it all changes, then you HAVE to eat 11-20 grams of carbs at every meal and before bed and no gaps of greater than 5 hours.

It is all very specific and yet I suppose once I get the hang of it, it will be easy.

Green tea? Forget it, yuck lol ! I think it is supposed to be very healthy with antioxidants and stuff. Taking my vitamins though when I don't forget.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #97  

I had to give up the Kisses and go back to ricotta cheese with cocoa or flavorings, plus I get more and more filling.

My hard copy of the cookbook came today yeah!

I don't have a recipe for this but used to make a lasagna using cooked spag squash, sauce, gr beef or italian sausage or both, mushrooms, onions, ricotta, moz and parm cheese, bake. Nice change of pace and not as much work as zuke or eggplant. Should be a neutral if easy on the sauce. Then we can have a garlic bread slice and salad.

Ok, made the list and will buy the stuff for the choco muffins, sounds like a nice morning or desert muffin.
Found out turkey sausage is yucky! I guess I have never been big on breakfast lunch meats. I keep trying them then toss in freezer for hubby.

I was hoping for a good purple story, but glad they have stayed away from your lunch. Have a great day all.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #98  
Kandie Apple Sundae

My Chol Leverls were up 14 points. Everything else was within normal range.

The Doc is is very firm on the diagnosis she gave me of PCOS.
She said I am makng too much insulin and the excess is getting turned into fat and being stored. Which explains the tum tum and why I cna't seem to lose weight for nothing.

Basically she said this diet is perfect because carbs are now my arch enemy and should be destroyed! But not by eating them. -sigh- Bye bye french fries.. I will miss you.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #99  

Yeah what she said about the lunch being stolen, hoping whoever did it got scared enough to quit, but the purple story would have been fun.

Dee, sorry you didn't like the turkey bacon, there are so very many kinds, I suppose they might vary on the taste. I liked the kind I got.

Kandie apple(yum, still like typing that, especially in the fall) I believe your Dr is very correct, I am glad you got confirmation, I never did...I think this diet is made for you. I didn't get ANY support for it at my apt in July. Well, I'm doing it any way.

Share if you find good recipes in that cookbook. Mostly I am finding I don't like them, more the ones people actually use, not the ones that people think they need to put in a cookbook that they expect to sell.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #100  

I haven't even started to read phase 2 yet of the diet. It will only add to my confusion...lol. I do see on the MM website that quite a few ppl choose to stay on phase 1 longer than eight weeks for various reasons. Fear of adding in the carbs being one of them. I can see that being me

I try to keep an eye on the clock at home and at work, but I could see how having an alarm on the watch or phone might work out better. I am NOT getting up in the middle of the night to eat something. Don't get me wrong I am up twice a night to visit the bathroom but I am not bypassing to the kitchen or I will never get back to sleep.

I measured myself on day 1, I have never done that on any other diet so it will be surprising to see how that plays out for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #101  

Oh no, I didn't even look at Step 2, until I started getting close. Yes, it is confusing and I hope I can understand it enough to move on. I do not want to move on either, but she makes it very clear in the book that Step 1 rests the liver and pancreas and if you stop using them by staying too long on Step 1, they will not work well when needed.

so on I will move although I don't know how I could possibly loose eating so much more carbs, but I will trust that things are changing enough for my body to do things right this time around.

I, too have never measured on a diet, but I did this time and was SO glad I did !
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #102  

It wasn't so much the cookbook, but shortened version how and why to do the plan or DH will never read it
I have never been big on cured meats I am a pretty simple eater I guess. That and the first time we did atkins years ago DH cooked so much bacon I can barely stand the smell to this day! Kind of makes lc a little tougher though.

Kandi Apple, sorry about your dx at least you on lc hopefully it will keep symptoms at bay for you. Good you have doc who is on board for you. Hope your numbers keep coming down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntnelly View Post
Yeah what she said about the lunch being stolen, hoping whoever did it got scared enough to quit, but the purple story would have been fun.

Dee, sorry you didn't like the turkey bacon, there are so very many kinds, I suppose they might vary on the taste. I liked the kind I got.

Kandie apple(yum, still like typing that, especially in the fall) I believe your Dr is very correct, I am glad you got confirmation, I never did...I think this diet is made for you. I didn't get ANY support for it at my apt in July. Well, I'm doing it any way.

Share if you find good recipes in that cookbook. Mostly I am finding I don't like them, more the ones people actually use, not the ones that people think they need to put in a cookbook that they expect to sell.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #103  

Hope everyone is having a great OP day !!

I am wearing work pants I haven't been comfortable in for a few months , that alone feels good.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 215/207/165

Height: 5'8"

Default yogurt and carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post
Curious how much progress you are both having? I bought the book on my kindle yesterday and so far am interested in starting. And I will admit the step 1 no list does scare me.

I never realized yogurt had carbs, in the past I have paid so much attention to fats and calories I guess I never noticed. I am a yo-yo dieter, I never keep it off.

Putting something in my mouth every 5 hours is going to be very difficult. My work schedule is hectic. Most mornings I eat breakfast around 7am then often I don't get a lunch until 3 to 4 in the afternoon. The best plan I have for that is to try to sneak some nuts in when nobody is looking..
Had to jump in and say I hd given up on yogur too, until I found carbmaster at local Krogers It has 3 sugars and only 4 carbs and to my surprise it taste really good.
bettyboop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #105  
Kandie Apple Sundae

Didn't have the greatest day. Forgot to take my metforim this morning. was starving by noon but had no where go go. got some beef ejerky and a drink, then got all excited my new modem was here so I spent the last hour and a half hooking it up and forgot I was hungry! So I ate an hour and a half late.