Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Oops, sorry Jab I did not read your post correctly. You are doing fine, unlike me who caved and ordered pizza tonight and 2 hr post was 113 after a 20 min bike ride. Oh well being human comes back to haunt me
I wanted pizza so bad over the weekend...lol. Pizza is my go to food. Fri was really stressful for me family wise and I found I really wanted to eat. I stayed on plan but it was hard.

I was on the road most of Saturday and didn't get enough water. My 5 hour food window was off as I didn't take a snack with me because I thought we would be back sooner. I did order a salad for dinner when we stopped so I stayed in my food group.

Sunday , again I got caught up in activity, did not hit my time window for eating . I had thought to make a legal pizza but didn't have time. Maybe some time this week.

The pudding sounds interesting. I like spaghetti squash cuz I can pop that bugger in the microwave and cook it whole which makes it less steps ...lol. After work I am not into cooking a proper meal.

I made the LOW CARB ALMOND COOKIES - Neutral and they were good.

LOW CARB ALMOND COOKIES - Makes 16 to 18 Cookies (serving size 3 cookies)
2 cups of almond meal
1/2 cup of Splenda
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 tsp. of salt (if using salted butter, you can omit the salt)
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 tsp. of almond extract
1 small egg (optional - I used the egg and I like the texture of the cookie)
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Using an electric mixer, soften butter for a minute. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
3. Form dough into walnut size balls and place onto ungreased cookie sheet . The oil from the butter and almond meal will grease the sheet as the cookies bake.
4. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and press down lightly with a fork. Replace cookies in the oven and continue to bake for another 18 minutes. The cookies DO NOT brown.
5. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing.

Hope everyone has a great day OP, off to work
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post
LOL, I am waiting on brussel sprouts in the garden now, love them roasted. I wish my asparagus produced this time of year as I prefer fresh over canned or frozen. Had green beans last night and fried cabbage is on the menu for tonight...lol I'm glad I have no more summer squash left.

Thanks for the ideas
Ah, I miss having a garden and having to give away a gazillion squash! I can't grow crap in FL other than weeds and green beans, thank god I can grow one thing!

kSquared, sorry got your name wrong, but glad you are still here and making it work for you.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #198  

That recipe for the cheese sounds like one I copied on MM the other day. It sounds faster and better than the cauliflower one. Some evening this week I plan to give it a go.

Yesterday was horrible my eating times were off and by the time I got a chance to sit down I had been on my feet over 13 hours and I just hurt all over. I plopped in the recliner with a turkey wrap and promptly nodded off. I'm hoping today will be better.

I was plaqued with squash borers in the garden this year so my squash production was minimal. Probably a good thing since I plant more winter squash than summer. I lost my butternuts, acorns and most of my pumpkins this year. Guess those bugs saved me from myself since all of those are forbidden on my food plan...lol

Almond flour is only ground up nuts. But almonds aren't cheap either. I ordered two small bags when I placed my last vitamin order (my dr. put me on an odd ball vitamin I can't find locally 2 yrs ago). Since I can't find the flour locally and I figured why not try it since I was paying for shipping anyway.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #199  

Boy, did we all leave to live on Mville? Miss you guys. We had a freezer failure a couple of days ago so we have been busy canning all we could and gave a lot away, ouch that hurt! Hubby is home and i am trying to get him to understand the program and been feeding him and lo and behold after a week his numbers are slowly coming down. I hope he starte to get it.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

I have been on MV some, but right now, I am really busy with my Mary Kay Holiday open house, so I have not been on line much any place for most of this week.
I'll be back more end of next week when this is all over and I have more time.
I am glad your husbands numbers are coming down, that hopefully will give him an idea all the changes are worth it. I guess he may need to know what the high numbers are silently doing to his body, if he doesn't already. High sugars start to destroy things right? Find out and let him know. I know a lady who didn't take it seriously, and became blind in one eye and lost a leg due to diabetes because she refused to follow the diet.
This is serious stuff....have him read up on it.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntnelly View Post
I have been on MV some, but right now, I am really busy with my Mary Kay Holiday open house, so I have not been on line much any place for most of this week.
I'll be back more end of next week when this is all over and I have more time.
I am glad your husbands numbers are coming down, that hopefully will give him an idea all the changes are worth it. I guess he may need to know what the high numbers are silently doing to his body, if he doesn't already. High sugars start to destroy things right? Find out and let him know. I know a lady who didn't take it seriously, and became blind in one eye and lost a leg due to diabetes because she refused to follow the diet.
This is serious stuff....have him read up on it.
He knows he watched my mom for 30 years eat whatever she wanted and cover with insulin. She died slowly over 6 years one thing after another and a fatal heart attack at 70. It was easy to complain about how she lived, but different to live it. On the upside his A1-C was 6.3 down from 6.6, he told me it was 6.2 the first time, oh well at least it is coming down just watching his carbs.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #202  

Dee sorry to hear about the freezer that hurts in more ways than one !!!

Tomorrow will be the end of week 6 on the program. My eating this week has been bad because of my time factors. Too hectic and I forget to eat the nuts in my pocket at work... aaaarrrggghhh.

Will finish off the last of my "special" yogurt today. I don't think I will be making a 2 hour round trip to buy anymore . If I happen to be that way fine, but otherwise it isn't worth it. It is ok, sort of thin and lifeless though..lol.

Every time I go to MM I try to find some recipe to copy and paste. I will be happy to get to eat a bigger variety of foods next month.

I wish I had never weighed in the scale has been on the same number every day this week and I am stalled at 15 lbs lost. I know, I know we are not suppose to weigh , it isn't a weight loss program yadda yadda but we all expect results ...lol. Hoping that the last two weeks take me to my "targeted" amt of loss for the first 8-weeks according to the chart in the book.

Hope everyone has a great day OP !!!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jab91864 View Post
Dee sorry to hear about the freezer that hurts in more ways than one !!!

Tomorrow will be the end of week 6 on the program. My eating this week has been bad because of my time factors. Too hectic and I forget to eat the nuts in my pocket at work... aaaarrrggghhh.

Will finish off the last of my "special" yogurt today. I don't think I will be making a 2 hour round trip to buy anymore . If I happen to be that way fine, but otherwise it isn't worth it. It is ok, sort of thin and lifeless though..lol.

Every time I go to MM I try to find some recipe to copy and paste. I will be happy to get to eat a bigger variety of foods next month.

I wish I had never weighed in the scale has been on the same number every day this week and I am stalled at 15 lbs lost. I know, I know we are not suppose to weigh , it isn't a weight loss program yadda yadda but we all expect results ...lol. Hoping that the last two weeks take me to my "targeted" amt of loss for the first 8-weeks according to the chart in the book.

Hope everyone has a great day OP !!!
Oh man, 15 lbs gone!!!! I am 9 weeks about in and have only lost 3 but down one size in most clothes. Boy do I feel like I'm doing it all wrong! No, not really I am in the 3-6 lb range per the charts so I am on target I guess. I weigh only once a week, a lot less discouraging

Yeah, the freezer deal will be painful for a while, but got 26 pints canned out of the chicken, had 2 nights of dinners and gave the rest away to folks who really needed it, so it's all good. I kept my berries just refroze them in small ice cube sizes for smoothies as the all still has crystals and were very cold.
Glad you are doing so well, keep up the good work. You are doing great!

Last edited by Dee74; 10-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #204  

Jab...that is awesome loss!! You are doing well !! That is alot of weight .... are you feeling like your clothes fit a tad looser yet? I know a stall or gain can be frustrating......not supposed to weigh and this is why... I have had the same experience, very frustrating!!
What is the range of loss for you on the first 8 weeks? If you have had alot of(Like over 2 or 3??) "off" days in a week, I THINK the book says you have to start the 8 weeks over...so that could also stall you...of course, i noticed more inches than weight, so I hope you measured!

Dee... amazing on the size down on clothes!! that is super ... I guess if you are in the 3-6 lb range, then you really won't loose more than that, from what I gather from Diane's comments...man that freezer deal sounds just rough! Glad you had a way to keep at least some of what you had in there, but I do believe you will miss reaching for those items for days to come !
Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #205  

I am officially caught up from the freezer defrost canning marathon! Most of the loss were meats, expensive but I had 10 whole chickens in there from a sale that I had planned to can, just not all at once! Hubby bought door latches to make sure they are closed, (he left it open,but who is pointing fingers )

Anyway it is all done, laundry, house and the bills caught up today and we decided to have a kind of cheat dinner ribs/chicken from our favorite place with potato salad and green beans. It was hubby's first taste of Guys SF BBQ sauce and it passed with flying colors, it is the best I have ever had.

I made the spag squash pudding with cinn and nutmeg a few days ago and it was great. Tonight making the peanut butter cookies and some jello out of sweet munchies around here.

Glad everyone is doing well and for the most part op, have a great weekend all.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #206  

that sounds good dee.....
Is the SF BBQ sauce low carb too? I really can't find stuff like that, guess I"ll have to eventually go on line to shop for that stuff.

Been doing OK here. End of 2nd week on restart of Step 1. I don' think that I can get my "pre-plan" for Step 2 ready to start tomorrow. Diane said to email her a plan before I started. Got another 3 to 4 days of Mary Kay work to do before I will have a chance.

Starting to look toward Thanksgiving and wondering how to make that work. Need some recipes some how, I guess.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #207  

Hi Nelly, yes the Guys sauce is no carb and sf. The regular is spicy enough for me, but I did buy the spicy to try but I bet it's hot. They have 4 flavors. I got them at netrition.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 233/233/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default Ordered the book - eating "bad" until it arrives

Hi all,
I am feel desperate. Not sure if this will work for me. I'm sure the diet would work for someone who can stay on a diet , but I seem to be unable to stay on any diet. I crave sugar and wheat. I know if I can get through at least 3 days with no sugar or wheat. The craving goes away. I just can't seem to get through one day. I am worried if I am allowed to eat any carbs I will go on a binge, that is my pattern. I weigh more then I ever have. Well lets see. I have done it all , weight watchers, jenny craig, diets in magazines, rewards, punishments, Nothing seems to work, I seem to have no self control when it comes to food. When I 'm eating a candy bar, I am thinking about the next candy bar. It's sick. I want to wear pretty clothes again. I guess I just really have given up. But I don't want to give up.
Ally54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #209  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally54 View Post
Hi all,
I am feel desperate. Not sure if this will work for me. I'm sure the diet would work for someone who can stay on a diet , but I seem to be unable to stay on any diet. I crave sugar and wheat. I know if I can get through at least 3 days with no sugar or wheat. The craving goes away. I just can't seem to get through one day. I am worried if I am allowed to eat any carbs I will go on a binge, that is my pattern. I weigh more then I ever have. Well lets see. I have done it all , weight watchers, jenny craig, diets in magazines, rewards, punishments, Nothing seems to work, I seem to have no self control when it comes to food. When I 'm eating a candy bar, I am thinking about the next candy bar. It's sick. I want to wear pretty clothes again. I guess I just really have given up. But I don't want to give up.
Hi Ally, welcome to out little thread. Have you read or bought either book MM or DM? Are you diabetic? The reason I ask is to try to find out if you are looking for a diet plan or looking to change your life due to medical reasons.

My hubby and I are doing this for diabetes and is how we found it and have been on it now for about 8-10 weeks, so no experts here. But like you I have been on many plans and LC has been the only thing that has worked, I just could not do them long term, to restrictive.
We have ignored our weight and lifestyle long enough to now have health problems I sure hope you never have.

Have you ever boon to TOPS? They are a support type group for sensible weight loss as you state you feel out of control and know but seem helpless to change. You might want to look into them.

Now that being said, this program may very well help you to change your life, but YOU must want it. The first 8 weeks of the program are most definitely a low carb low glycemic load program. Yes you can have plenty of sweets just with artificial sweeteners not sugar. Hope you like Jello, almond meal etc.
We are here to support one another and this program has a lot of guidelines to follow that are needed. Let us know if you have read the book/s and have question. I thought you said you had ordered it but now that does not appear in reply mode so sorry if you said you did.

It will be a lot easier to help you decide after you give the book a good once over. Again welcome.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #210  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntnelly View Post
that sounds good dee.....
Is the SF BBQ sauce low carb too? I really can't find stuff like that, guess I"ll have to eventually go on line to shop for that stuff.

Been doing OK here. End of 2nd week on restart of Step 1. I don' think that I can get my "pre-plan" for Step 2 ready to start tomorrow. Diane said to email her a plan before I started. Got another 3 to 4 days of Mary Kay work to do before I will have a chance.

Starting to look toward Thanksgiving and wondering how to make that work. Need some recipes some how, I guess.
Thought you were on step 2? Geez I can't keep up who is where I a staying on step 1 for a while longer as hubby got home and need to teach him how to eat while on the ship as best I can. Finally broke uner 170 been a solid 169 for a week now, so maybe is it safe to say it out loud Hang in there kiddo a few more weeks and you will be there.