Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I have lost pounds and I have lost inches... lol, I feel thinner anyway. For me it's the whole picture results, budget, long term. The five hour thing hangs me up a lot and I over think it all.

A new yoga class started near me but I don't get out of work on time. Last time I had a gym membership I went 4-5 days a week and worked my butt off but in those days I could still use my arms effectively. And I never lost an ounce while I had that membership...lol.

It's not so much recipes I want as ideas. I seem to be eating the same veggies over and over. Spaghetti squash, cauliflower, broccoli seem to be my mainstays and I am bored.

Anywhoo running late this morning, off to work , will try to catch up later on the posts. Have a great OP day!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Jab, I know it was a long post I did up above, but really, you can choose to have your 5 carbs every 5 hours OR at meals and bed time. If it is a problem, this update or refinement is something you can take advantage of.

I need to look closely at the Taco recipe THANKS! for posting that. I never have cream on hand, so I'll have to see what I can do.

Right now I have to shower and the kids are home from school today, off I go to be productive so they don't think I spend all my time on the computer... maybe I do ???
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

Brussel sprouts steamed or sauteed with onions butter, asparagus if you can find it cheap, roasted, grilled or steamed, green beans sauteed with almonds, cabbage steamed or fried and with onions or cole slaw. Zuchs or summer squash, marinated in a little balsamic and grilled the best! Fried up with butter and onions. Well there are a few ideas for ya kiddo hope that helps.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #184  

Jab, just remember you don't HAVE to eat 5 carbs every 5 hour, just snack on something neutral or carbs in that time frame. Also you may have it backwards if you eat 5 gm of carbs you cannot have another 5 carbs for the next 5 hours. I go days that I never eat my 5 carb option, just all neutral foods.
I sure have missed my share of 5 hour frames give or take 30-40 min and it has not affected my bs levels so far. I think we way over think her plan and she has said as much too. Ease up on yourself, life is hard enough. At least you ARE losing weight and inches and getting healthier too, not a bad gig.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #185  

Oops, sorry Jab I did not read your post correctly. You are doing fine, unlike me who caved and ordered pizza tonight and 2 hr post was 113 after a 20 min bike ride. Oh well being human comes back to haunt me

Last edited by Dee74; 10-12-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #186  

Yes, we all have slip ups. It says in the book, more than ... what? 2 a week and you go back to step 1? or start over? I can't remember. Just hit the restart button and keep a goin'
Old 10-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntnelly View Post
Yes, we all have slip ups. It says in the book, more than ... what? 2 a week and you go back to step 1? or start over? I can't remember. Just hit the restart button and keep a goin'
I am just staying in step 1 for another 3-4 weeks just got hubby home and he needs a true start, much harder to eat right on the ship. And his numbers are higher so need to work hard to start getting them down. I admire those who can stay perfectly on track for a year or so, I know we won't, but we can continue to manage and try our best to get and keep our numbers low.

So Nelly did you make the 1 mm choc cake, I saw you and lotus talking about I was hoping for a review before I try to make it.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #188  

Well, I made the taco pie and the spag squash bread style pudding with banana extract tonight they were both winners and guests asked for recipes and had no idea desert was sugar free and entree low carb and they loved it.

In the taco pie I did reduce 1 cup of cheese, 1 egg yolk and used 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/2 cup 1/2n1/2 and taco seasoning about 6 tsp. Served with chopped lettuce, gauc, salsa and sour cream and a carb balance tortilla. It was very good and the desert was very good, they are both keepers!
2 hr post desert was 93 yeah!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #189  

Never heard of spag. squash bread?? Sounds interesting! That is awesome your guests didn't know the difference! and a good BS score as well!

I DID make the 1 mm chocolate cake with some major modifications. You can see it here:
http://miracle-ville.com/forum/topic...ge=29#comments

It is pretty good... I don't know how to compare with the other way but it is about what I expected for a no sugar dessert. Not terribly sweet, but with the SF cream cheese frosting, it is pretty good! Mine has 3 carbs for the cake due to the regular milk I used....with the soy flour being considered neutral now, that is.

I am finding even so, that eating too much of these "neutral" foods with soy flour is making me feel tired again, so I wonder if she was right saying they needed to be a counted carb.....buy any how. The cake is worth a try if you ask me. Just don't eat it after something really sweet!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #190  

It is a pudding type desert and it a keeper for sure. It is a great base to add variety too I think as well. Here you all go. Erythitol can be found at amazon, netrition etc it is Truvia without the fillers so no carb and is only 70% as sweet as sugar. http://www6.netrition.com/sensato_erythritol.html But it has no after taste like splenda and no gastric issues.

I modified a few recipes for spaghetti squash pie and came up with this one. It is delicious and doesn't even taste like spaghetti squash. It's a good way to sneak in some veggies and enjoy dessert at the same time!

Oh My (Spaghetti Squash) Pie
3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
Whip:
4 large eggs
c heavy cream
1 c Splenda - I sub cup splenda and cup erythitol
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp coconut flavoring ( I used 2 tsp banana)

Scrape the squash out of the skin; run a knife through it, cutting it into smaller pieces. Place into 9 deep dish pie pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
Pour the egg mix over the squash and just poke a fork into the mixture, moving it around a bit, to make sure some of the egg mix settles on the bottom of the pan.
Bake 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool, refrigerate and enjoy with a little whipped cream. YUM!!
Can reduce splenda and is neutral is coconut flavor is carb free!
I cup splenda is too much alone several commented too stweet.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #191  

I think i have only cooked a spaghetti squash one time in my LIFE and it was my daughter's idea....and I think she may have even cooked it now that I think of it. I dislike coconut tremendously, the banana sounds better. I noticed alot of the sweets on the MV forum have coconut in it....

Candy Apple, you still out there? I hope you come back soon!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #192  

And A squared too.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:56 AM   #193  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I am alive

I am doing ok. I modified the MM to work with me and the PCOS. I was losing weight, but I was having an issue with eating anything after 6 in the evening, even if I ate SF jello for my snack or that 5 carb portion just before bed I would put on weight. I got all the way down to 180 and then shot right back up to 185 and had been lingering at 184.

It is also hard to cook for 4 people and all different things. The kids don't want fried cauliflower, they want hot dogs and pizza.

So I have modified this a little bit, basically I went to step 2 and I have been doing well. Been very busy.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Brussel sprouts steamed or sauteed with onions butter, asparagus if you can find it cheap, roasted, grilled or steamed, green beans sauteed with almonds, cabbage steamed or fried and with onions or cole slaw. Zuchs or summer squash, marinated in a little balsamic and grilled the best! Fried up with butter and onions. Well there are a few ideas for ya kiddo hope that helps.
LOL, I am waiting on brussel sprouts in the garden now, love them roasted. I wish my asparagus produced this time of year as I prefer fresh over canned or frozen. Had green beans last night and fried cabbage is on the menu for tonight...lol I'm glad I have no more summer squash left.

Thanks for the ideas
Old 10-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
I am alive

I am doing ok. I modified the MM to work with me and the PCOS. I was losing weight, but I was having an issue with eating anything after 6 in the evening, even if I ate SF jello for my snack or that 5 carb portion just before bed I would put on weight. I got all the way down to 180 and then shot right back up to 185 and had been lingering at 184.

It is also hard to cook for 4 people and all different things. The kids don't want fried cauliflower, they want hot dogs and pizza.

So I have modified this a little bit, basically I went to step 2 and I have been doing well. Been very busy.
Cooking different meals makes me bitter. I know that is a big part of my problem right now.