3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Need Paleo/Primal buddy (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/257239-need-paleo-primal-buddy.html)

Ann72 04-18-2012 02:22 PM

Need Paleo/Primal buddy

Hi there,

I followed the paleo diet for about 5 months last year and saw fantastic results. As often happens, I got off plan right around the holiday time last year. I really want to get back on track with this plan. I believe that it is truly the best way to eat. I'm looking for a buddy who may also be just starting off on a paleo/primal journey. Any takers?

Ann

Jordana531 05-07-2012 11:08 PM

Hey Ann!

I just started Paleo about two weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so far! I wouldn't mind having a buddy :-)

Jordana

fozentusic 05-11-2012 10:10 PM

Hi! I used to follow South Beach Diet and the SBD forum here is super active. It seems like the Paleo among us are definitely not as vocal. There are some other forums you could check out too, but let's get some Paleo chat and buddies going here!

Eruanna 05-12-2012 02:27 AM

I'm starting a 6-week 'Primal Challenge' on Monday. Would love to share some tips and recipes

I've started changing to a primal diet recently and I love it, but the next 6 weeks will be strict

crazygurl61 05-12-2012 10:16 AM

Hi I'm following Primal 80% of the time, 20% with dairy and other splurges-no grains

pgun3 05-13-2012 06:07 PM

I would like to join in on this! I am reading up on paleo and I am very slowly trying to get into this way of eating.

Eruanna 05-14-2012 04:08 AM

Have just done my first day of full primal! Have a bit of sugar craving, but I think it's more habit than really needing the sugar. So far so good

meltaway 05-17-2012 01:11 AM

Does anyone have any links/references to a daily paleo diet plan?? I've been really interested for ages but can't get an idea of what the daily eating habits should be like.

pgun3 05-17-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meltaway (Post 4336351)
Does anyone have any links/references to a daily paleo diet plan?? I've been really interested for ages but can't get an idea of what the daily eating habits should be like.

I tried to post several links for you but as I do not have 25 posts I am not allowed and because I don't have 10 posts I couldn't send you a private message either. Kind of rediculous if you ask me. Sorry

meltaway 05-17-2012 01:04 PM

Aww. Thanks for trying though. :-/

delheidia50 05-18-2012 01:35 AM

How good in the Paleo Diet?

:carrot:
I have not long started on the Paleo Diet, but from the results I have seen so far I am not going to stop any time soon.
Having a "sweet tooth" I found it a little difficult at first, but then I found that I was really wanting to eat fruit. Probably a natural body reaction to wanting sugars.

I got most of my information from one site - yourpaleodietplace.com - it seems to have all you need to get going.

Eruanna 05-18-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meltaway (Post 4336351)

I'm not sure of a Paelo link, but for primal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ is my fav site :)

Eruanna 05-18-2012 02:11 PM

I've only been on the diet for 5 days now but I'm loving the results. I've always had problems with eating bread etc (like all my family on one side) but I feel so much better for not having any wheat at all. And the bloat in my stomach has subsided.

And what I love the best - it's really not as hard as I thought.

Chellson 05-27-2012 08:45 AM

I'm slowly weaning myself off processed foods, hoping to start strict paleo in two weeks or so.

emilyk 05-28-2012 11:30 PM

I'm also just easing into this. I've given up grains this last week (though I'll probably have sushi rice every once in awhile. I can't give up my sushi entirely).
I have a question that might seem dumb though - how is primal/Paleo different from Atkins (which I never did and don't know much about, but had friends who did and they ate tons of meat, veggies and fats).