Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Transitioning Over From WW to Atkins

Hi Everyone!

I decided to leave Weight Watchers after 2 faithful years While the company taught me how to eat better and maintain, I have struggled for an entire year. It took me 13 months to lose 115lbs and I've gained some back unfortunately but overall I've maintained at least 100lbs.

My doctor diagnosed me as having insulin resistance (Diabetes runs in my family) and told me this is the reason I am now having trouble losing while on Weight Watchers. I started Atkins 2 day ago and after 2 strict days, I am in Ketosis per my strips. I have also dropped 4lbs which I know is most likely water but it motivates me to move forward.

Has anyone here done the same - Left Weight Watchers for a low-carb lifestyle? I feel bad because I really like my leader, we've developed a bond and she's been here for me since day 1 of my weightloss journey. I was even thinking about attending meetings still and not telling everyone about what I'm doing. I like the support I receive in the meetings..
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

That is actually how I started and in the beginning I kept my WW membership and tracked both ways (yes I can be a bit obsessive) until I was comfortable enough to just go with LC. I lose slowly no matter what plan I follow but my experience is that I have no cravings and I don't think about food all the time doing LC - which is a huge benefit for me.
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I've been doing the same - Tracking and Counting but it became too time consuming so I stopped. Now I'm just controlling my portions and watching my carbs!

I also love that my cravings have disappeared! On WW I would worry about when I was going to eat next, not I don't and it's awesome.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

I think that is what has kept me doing this - the freedom from obsessing about what I could eat and how much and when - WW is a fantastic program for some people just not all and I fall in that second category
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello Kimberly...I am a WW Lifetime member...but I too had a very hard time with WW....I felt hungry all the time and the weekly weigh ins were just so stressful. Then around ten years ago I tried Atkins for the first time and felt so relieved...I could actually eat and feel satisfied...I still went to meetings after that to keep my Lifetime status and because I was so friendly with the gals and leader from my meeting but I didn't tell them what I was doing. I would sit there and listen to them talk about how crazy Atkins was. Finally I stopped going to WW because I didn't believe in the program anymore. They tell people you can eat whatever you want as long as it is in your plan...and "whatever" could be processed unhealthy foods. No offense to anyone that is losing with WW but it wasn't for me. This is the third time I am doing Atkins, not because it doesn't work but because of life incidents that made me turn to food for comfort. I'm so happy to be back on the wagon. I've tried other diets the past few years (17 day diet and Dukan) and know that Atkins is the right plan for ME...not for everyone but for me.......I think you're going to pleasantly surprised at how well this works for you and how you feel on the diet, especially because you have this insulin resistance. Keep up the good work!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote