3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal / Paleo -- September 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/242505-primal-paleo-september-2011-a.html)

midwife 09-23-2011 01:43 PM

Claire, cycling is a great plan!

Hmm....do you know what happens when you make protein pancakes without eggs?

Nothing good. Blah.

emiloots 09-23-2011 02:28 PM

Afternoon ladies

Got 'Paleo Comfort Foods' in the mail yesterday so I ended up making fried chicken, sweet potato wedges and asparagus for dinner. The fried chicken was good, hubs didn't even notice that it was made with almond meal instead of flour, kids gobbled it up too :) Doing good today other than a latte (it's friday!)

claire0412 09-26-2011 05:29 AM

After a carbtastic weekend (we got fed jacket potato and pizza, with a manky bit of iceberg lettuce on Friday night, bleugh), I'm back on the Paleo wagon. Omelette and apple w/ peanut butter for breakfast, sugar snap peas and hummus for lunch. I need to go shopping, hence the peanuts and chickpeas. I can't completely cut them out yet!

Have a good day :)

Ilene 09-26-2011 08:38 AM

Hi Claire :wave: ... I like that term «carbtastic» :lol: ...

I don't know but my body is weird maybe someone can help me... On the weekend I had a good food day on Friday night, no junk food , I had salad and chicken from a local restaurant and wine... Saturday I had a usual food day, we stayed in on Saturday night, I drank no wine but had some wheat crackers because there was nothing left to eat on Saturday night...On Sunday I ran 5k and biked 15k... My GF and I have this Sunday ritual that we go to Tim Horton's and have a breakfast sandwich and coffee, the breakfast sandwich is a 12 grain bagel with egg and bacon... The rest of the day was very good I had 2 glasses of wine for supper.... everyone else had pie and ice cream I had yogurt... This morning I am up the usually yo-yo 2 lbs from the weekend...

Good grief what am I doing wrong ARGGGH!!!

claire0412 09-27-2011 12:10 PM

Ilene, I wouldn't worry about the 2lbs, it is probably hormone/water changes!

Today was/will be:
B: Rhubarb with a few seeds/nuts and 3tbsp 2% yoghurt
S: A peach
L: Wholewheat wrap with turkey, sugar snap peas and hummus, banana
S: Apple, 1tbsp peanut butter and 2 handfuls of nuts/dried fruit
D: Salmon fillet, sweet potato wedges and Asian broccoli, 2 squares dark choc and a choc tea

Back on the wagon (except for the wrap) and feeling better about it!

Ilene 09-27-2011 12:45 PM

Thanks Claire :wave: the scale was nicer this morning :goodscale:

Yesterday was a good food day and exercise I ran and made it to the gym too... It was all good...

Today seems to be going along the same line...

canadianwoman 09-27-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 4047262)
Hi Claire :wave: ... I like that term «carbtastic» :lol: ...

I don't know but my body is weird maybe someone can help me... On the weekend I had a good food day on Friday night, no junk food , I had salad and chicken from a local restaurant and wine... Saturday I had a usual food day, we stayed in on Saturday night, I drank no wine but had some wheat crackers because there was nothing left to eat on Saturday night...On Sunday I ran 5k and biked 15k... My GF and I have this Sunday ritual that we go to Tim Horton's and have a breakfast sandwich and coffee, the breakfast sandwich is a 12 grain bagel with egg and bacon... The rest of the day was very good I had 2 glasses of wine for supper.... everyone else had pie and ice cream I had yogurt. This morning I am up the usually yo-yo 2 lbs from the weekend...

Good grief what am I doing wrong ARGGGH!!!

I bolded everything you are eating and drinking that is not primal nor paleo.
Going back to strict basics for a few days might help. :)

emiloots 09-28-2011 05:07 PM

Afternoon ladies -

My supply has been suffering the past few days (I'm nursing) so throwing in a few more carbs to see if it picks back up. Doing OK, had a few hiccups over the weekend and the scale definitely shows it. I've got to find the right balance that keeps my supply up but isn't overdoing it where I stop losing. Hope everyone's doing well!