Old 09-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #31  

I took a day off because mentally I needed it, I am finding it tougher to do completely without refined foods than I thought, so tomorrow I approach with a fresh attitude
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #32  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzie View Post
I took a day off because mentally I needed it, I am finding it tougher to do completely without refined foods than I thought, so tomorrow I approach with a fresh attitude
That's a good idea Tazzie! We can't be perfect all the time ...

Tonight I had wine and a couple of pepperettes... a bit off plan, but my DD surprised me and came home for the weekend... We had to celebrate
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies - got a later start this morning so no breakfast since I'm meeting my hubs for lunch soon. Absolutely gorgeous day here...cool, sunny, feels like fall! I'll come back to add in my food later.

Tazzie - hope today is a good day!

l: salad w/ dark meat chicken, pico de gallo & guacamole
s: nuts

Last edited by emiloots; 09-16-2011 at 02:40 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #34  

thanks Emily! I have a day off today so its pretty good so far, I have been really struggling with weight loss lately and have found that I am completely burned out on it (from trying so hard and not getting anywhere) I really think that I first need to stabilize myself, get to where I am eating a reasonable amount, and that the food is as unprocessed as I can manage, at least stop gaining weight, then I am hoping I can work on losing weight again... it is quite a process ugh....
Old 09-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #35  
No description available.

Hey all! I'm inspired by your menus!

I've been part of this thread before....trying to balance paleo-ish principles while keeping enough energy to not bonk on my runs. So if you'll forgive my loose interpretation that works for me, I'd like to hang out here again.

Where's SusanB????

My nod to paleo includes cutting out grains and sugar. I still eat dairy (small amounts), sweet potatoes, beans and oats. I also run longer distances that MDA would approve of, but I like running. So I adapt.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #36  
Ilene the Bean

Hi midwife adapt away, we all do it...

I have no idea where SusanB is I miss her...

Today I ran 5k and did housework... boooring...

So far today:

Dr. Oz Green smoothie, it was very good I must say...

2 eggs with spinach...
Old 09-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #37  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Okay, I'm squeezing in here too. Been bouncing around with the Paleo but decided to do the Whole30, starting tomorrow. Yesterday was a bad, BAD carby day. Had tried juicing actually and found that it ramped up my appetite incredibly. So keeping juicing as an afternoon/evening thing just to get more veggies in. And cutting out the grains and legumes is best for me. Already don't do sugar and processed foods.

Cheese is going to be the tough one!

Last edited by geoblewis; 09-17-2011 at 12:34 PM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

geoblewis too.... I love the Whole 30 I did it in January... I lost 4lbs in the 30 days, my downfall were nuts, I'm sure I could've done better without them... I even cut out wine OMG that was the hardest, but being it was just after Christmas it was easy enough... I will do another one in January 2012 becaust our son is getting married in February and I want to look my bestest KWIM ... Good luck with your W30 !

Today has been good so far...

Last edited by Ilene; 09-17-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #39  

I am really struggling, for some reason I cannot fathom meat just does not agree with me, I have tried low carb before and had to give it up in favor of a vegetarian diet because i feel better eating as a veg, I am still very interested in the anti inflammatory benefits of paleo tho, so I am going to see if I can find a balance that my body can handle, I will still work on being lower carb and eliminating as much refined food as I can (yes I know there is no such thing as a cavevegetarian) all I know is I can't handle feeling this way over the long term :P
Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #40  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
I am really struggling, for some reason I cannot fathom meat just does not agree with me, I have tried low carb before and had to give it up in favor of a vegetarian diet because i feel better eating as a veg, I am still very interested in the anti inflammatory benefits of paleo tho, so I am going to see if I can find a balance that my body can handle, I will still work on being lower carb and eliminating as much refined food as I can (yes I know there is no such thing as a cavevegetarian) all I know is I can't handle feeling this way over the long term :P
Is it the meat or is it the low carb fever some get when they first start low carbing? Hope you find what works for you ....
Old 09-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #41  

Height: 5'8

B: berries, tbsp peanut butter, omega 3 seed sprinkles and 4tbsp yoghurt (2% fat)
S: 2 plums, handful of nuts
L: Can of mackerel with spinach salad, 4 sweet potato wedges (night before!), seeds and 1 avocado (calorific, eek) + apple and coffee
S: Peach
D: Chilli (with kidney beans, not sure if I should cut them out...) and sweet potato wedges, side salad with watercress and spinach

Exercise: 45 mins cycling (including hills!)
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #42  
Ilene the Bean

Today so far:

1. egg, flax seed, 4 prunes
2. lg sweet red pepper, small oatmeal raisin cookie
3. 4 oz pork chop, cauliflower drizzled w EVOO
Old 09-19-2011, 02:32 PM   #43  

Height: 5'3"

Howdy ladies - threw a surprise birthday party for my MIL on saturday and my hubby's birthday was yesterday so the food was so so this weekend. Gonna give it a day or two back on my normal diet before I step on the scale.

I actually haven't eaten much at all today because I've been running around, just a latte (non-paleo) and some chicken. Hope everyone has a great day!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Is it the meat or is it the low carb fever some get when they first start low carbing? Hope you find what works for you ....
no I have issues with it even when eating a not low carb diet, I just plain ol feel better eating vegetarian.... maybe I can come up with a new plan PALEOTARAIN
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM   #45  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
no I have issues with it even when eating a not low carb diet, I just plain ol feel better eating vegetarian.... maybe I can come up with a new plan PALEOTARAIN
I see, well you gotta do what works for you...

Today was a good day... Had leftover pork chops for supper with cauliflower... biked for an hour too, it was so gorgeous here today and they are calling for rain tomorrow, so I took advantage of the sun and went biking ...